The MPQ Grapevine: Summer/Fall 2023 Edition

Options
fight4thedream
fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,924 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Welcome to the MPQ Grapevine B)

This thread is for those forum users and MPQ players who want to be in the know with the latest MPQ developments, information and dev comments regarding the game. To that end, we ask the community to post any information they see elsewhere (e.g. Twitter, reddit, Discord, etc) here, so that other forum users, lurkers and net surfers can have a place they can easily see what's up with all things MPQ.

With that goal in mind, let's establish a few ground rules to help keep this thread easy-to-read:

1. Please refrain from side commentary and discussion. If you want to talk about a piece of information you saw here, please start a new thread about that topic.

1. When posting information you have seen from elsewhere, post the newsworthy information, then mention the source and finally provide a link when feasible.

For example:

Jeff the Shark incoming!

Source: MPQ Twitter account
Link:

1. Screenshots are preferable but in the event you are unable to do so and are quoting a member of the dev team, please be sure to mention who it is you're quoting and most importantly provide a link to the statement you are referring to. Posts without links will not be accepted unless verified by a member of the mod team.

2. It goes without saying but just in case please refrain from posting data-mined info. That is a serious rules violation and will be dealt with accordingly.

Hopefully, this thread will be able to meet the needs of the community but if you have any ideas or suggestions please feel free to reach out to a member of the mod team. Be well everyone!

Comments

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 377 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Many thanks for this information. That HP was very much needed for me to continue piling into that fan favorites vault!

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 656 Critical Contributor
    Options

Nice work F4TD, much appreciated

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,022 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Looks like they're gonna reveal what these doop clues in the DPD are about on Thursday.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 377 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I’m curious as to what this announcement entails.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,180 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Ha, my brain combined this with the AutoZone post above it, and thought the announcement was that the taco truck's "check engine" light was on.

Same for me

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2023
    Options

3/5 Omega Red are not permanent additions to HoD PvE, and they are not planning to make adding new characters to PvE nodes a regular thing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/comments/15cvfg4/anyone_else_find_it_kind_of_insulting/ju04tz6/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1&context=3

• Zarqa
    Options

Grapevine post from our very own Forum this time! Apparently Elsa Bloodstone was rebalanced in July: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88919/will-there-be-july-character-rebalances/p1

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,494 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@fight4thedream said:
    New Carnage costume coming soon:

Source: Marvel Entertainment YouTube Channel
    Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=SrFN4YysI5k

I'm not sure why, but somehow the Chibi Carnage makes him look even more horrifying...

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Agreed. That thing is horrendous but also adorable. Like Simulator.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I love how his aggressive eye outlines look like derpy eyes here

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Regarding Boss Event today

From Devpool @ Discord:

@here Hey Everyone! Jumping in here to answer some questions regarding the Boss Event. This month's Boss Event is going to be a bit different, Murderworld Demastered is the same Boss Fight you all normally participate in while Murderworld Remastered is an updated Heroic Boss. Fight a much harder Arcade using X-Men characters to compete with other alliances to earn premium rewards. Not in an alliance or your alliance doesn't want to compete, that's ok. There is no progression so you don't have to participate if you don't have to. As for the "Join an Alliance" button it is a visual bug and if you are already in an alliance it can be ignored.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS are these events linked where doing one locks out the nodes in the other, or are they completely free to operate in parallel?

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options

He said they aren’t linked and completely separate. Just two boss events at the same time mainly.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

huh. and remastered is placement only rewards....this feels like it'll be a hard miss at least for my alliance and those like us. I'm highly likely to be soloing it

• Zarqa
    Options

Post from Devpool on Reddit about the future of these heroic boss events:
    https://reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/s/CKpLpjXFL9

Relevant quote:

Chiming in real quick. The intent of this heroic boss mode is to create a tier of challenge above that of normal boss encounters. This mode is meant as an additional challenge, and one that we hope will give players more to aspire to and overcome in the game. 2024 (the latter part at least) is littered with plans to improve and expand upon social / alliance features and challenges for you to overcome together. While we certainly plan to iterate on the numbers with regard to reward structure and overall difficulty, I don’t expect the intent of these hardcore boss encounters to change much.

Also, the Arcade boss fight (with its dual Civil War style format) probably makes it difficult to understand what our future plans are for these. Going forward for boss battles that don’t have a dual component to them, you’ll simply see two boss events appear with the hardcore one stylized in an obvious manner. The reward structure for normal boss fights will remain, so hardcore boss rewards are purely additional.

This discussion has been closed.