Chasm - Coming Soon???

Options
12345679»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,805 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

I just tried the Electro/High Evolutionary team and got my **** handed to me by the Immortal Bros. so I must be missing something with that. I can see the idea though but in practice that didn't work. Back to Chasm/Kang for me. :(

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That team requires that iHulk's AOE triggers.
    If it doesn't, Chasm will just murder you.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Really?! Was there no green on the board or something? I did wonder if that could scupper things, but it isn't a circumstance that's arisen as yet.

I haven't lost with it so far. I'll be sad if it turns out it isn't a guaranteed win after all.

• DAZ0273
    Options

It was going OK to begin with but then all of a sudden despite my boosting him a few times my High Evo got wiped out and Electro was last girl standing which didn't last very long. Guess I could have been unlucky or maybe mine are too low at 454 for HiEv and 451 for Electro?

• DAZ0273
    Options

Gotta say this is the earliest I have ever hit this many Chasm/iHulk teams. The DD PvP wasn't anything like this for some reason but Ock is chock-a-block. I guess things might be a little rough for the next week also if this is a sign 'o the times until we get some boosted 5's back.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@dianetics said:
    Were you punching iHulk and matching black first?

**edit They aren't a cut and dry counter and can easily get shutdown like almost any other pair.

In all honesty, I am not sure! I guess I should have read the manual, lol!

• DrClever
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    It was going OK to begin with but then all of a sudden despite my boosting him a few times my High Evo got wiped out and Electro was last girl standing which didn't last very long. Guess I could have been unlucky or maybe mine are too low at 454 for HiEv and 451 for Electro?

Hmm, well I guess I'll get the chance to see when I join later.

I have HEvo at 456 and Electro at 450 fwiw

• DAZ0273
    Options

@DrClever said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Hmm, well I guess I'll get the chance to see when I join later.

I have HEvo at 456 and Electro at 450 fwiw

So essentially the same. We shouldn't rule out my incredible level of ****-ness at this game also, to be fair!

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

you are also a bit dependent on who is making the matches on enemy side, you want chasm to make them to rack up black

• DAZ0273
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:
    you are also a bit dependent on who is making the matches on enemy side, you want chasm to make them to rack up black

I'll ask him nicely to do that next time I try.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DrClever said:

@Bad said:
    praying for it like if it was the waters of March.

That's a very poetic turn of phrase. May I ask, are you in/from the southern hemisphere?

I'm in Europe, if someone cares enough.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bad said:

@DrClever said:

@Bad said:

That's a very poetic turn of phrase. May I ask, are you in/from the southern hemisphere?

Poland I seem to remember?

• DrClever
    Options

@Bad said:

@DrClever said:

@Bad said:

Not being nosey, I promise, just thought it would be more likely someone our side of the world was fed up with water by March.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

In here just we welcome any type of rain, and in March uses to rain a bit more.
    Spain, south west coast. Spanish.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bad said:
    In here just we welcome any type of rain, and in March uses to rain a bit more.
    Spain, south west coast. Spanish.

Ah - got you confused with another forumite. Sorry about that.

• HuracanDolor
    HuracanDolor Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:
    I dont recall seeing any Cosmo unless he is required, so not sure the community actually consider cosmo a mthor counter (and when I run mthor, I never see cosmo in retaliation team either).

You can go an entire match preventing MThor from using her abilities, Cosmo is damn good!

• DrClever
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Yikes...All Chasm after only 5 wins in Doc Ock? I think he is reading this thread... :#:*:s

I've just got my first Chasm+iHulj after 11 wins (and one defeat...) although there was one Chasm+MThor and one Hulkoye before that.

• DrClever
    Options

@DrClever said:
    I haven't lost with it (Electro+HEvo v Chasm+iHulk) so far. I'll be sad if it turns out it isn't a guaranteed win after all.

Okay, have now had my first defeat - Chasm swamped green with Abyss tiles.

I didn't start with HEvo at full health but it's still disappointing.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,097 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DrClever said:

@DrClever said:
    I haven't lost with it (Electro+HEvo v Chasm+iHulk) so far. I'll be sad if it turns out it isn't a guaranteed win after all.

Okay, have now had my first defeat - Chasm swamped green with Abyss tiles.

I didn't start with HEvo at full health but it's still disappointing.

I'm surprised this hasn't happened to you until just now. Every time I face the immortal bros Hulks passive stops going off by like turn 3 because the board is flooded with abyss tiles.

• DrClever
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:
    Every time I face the immortal bros Hulks passive stops going off by like turn 3 because the board is flooded with abyss tiles.

Yeah, you have to manage that until you get iHulk tanking - this was the first time I got outpaced.