Chasm - Coming Soon???

Options
HuracanDolor
HuracanDolor Posts: 47 Just Dropped In

I see we have a “rebalance” coming for Chasm? I don’t know who needs to hear this but I feel it’s only two things that needs to be addressed (especially since we have some hard counters available now)
1. Address the infinte Chasm matches. There needs to be an addition to one of his passives where he cannot create web tiles if he has no more allies. Chasm vs Chasm matches drag out entirely too long. (If they even end and you’re forced to just quit the match)
2. Just dump the instant revival and make it based on something else, we only need one in the game (Immortal Hulk) Every other character that has some sort of revival mechanic to them is not an issue because it is tied to either a countdown tile or trap tile. At the very least the player should get a turn in between the revival to have a chance to down him before.
Thoughts??.

Comments

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Options

For me personally, I've always thought it's his ap drain that should be shelved. Now, change him, don't change him, doesn't matter either way. Have had enough practice to down Chasm immediately after my Chasm dies and revives. Don't always get it the first try in a match, but he's no longer the headache he was.

• HuracanDolor
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:
    For me personally, I've always thought it's his ap drain that should be shelved. Now, change him, don't change him, doesn't matter either way. Have had enough practice to down Chasm immediately after my Chasm dies and revives. Don't always get it the first try in a match, but he's no longer the headache he was.

Well, Kang eliminated that aspect of his power set. Those other two things are the true issue.

• Eirikr56
    Eirikr56 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options

@HuracanDolor said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

Well, Kang eliminated that aspect of his power set. Those other two things are the true issue.

Except Kang's ability to recover your AP doesn't work properly vs Chasm so he really didn't eliminate that at all.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Kang only "eliminates" that aspect of his powerset if you bring Kang to every single fight.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,805 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

AP drain is a bad power to give an OP character who also cannot die without great effort unless all new releases are passive all powers moving forward.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Did we really need another thread? There's been a million suggestions on how to fix him, and what's bad about him.

maybe it would be good some wise and benevolent forumer opens a new thread summing up what is wrong with chasm and listing main suggestions to fix it

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Options

Wise and benevolent? You aren't from around here are you strangah?

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Wise and benevolent? You aren't from around here are you strangah?

U mean denizens of this forums are all ill-hearted fools ? or that there are wise and benevolent creatures but these are unable to assess chasm as clueless players?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Did we really need another thread? There's been a million suggestions on how to fix him, and what's bad about him.

maybe it would be good some wise and benevolent forumer opens a new thread summing up what is wrong with chasm and listing main suggestions to fix it

I'd rather they get on with it, roll out the rebalance.
    It's been 84 years.
    Nothing we say will have any influence on what they do at this point.

• meteor0905
    meteor0905 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options

oh my a new thread.
    It work like chasm that never died

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@pepitedechocolat said:

@Bowgentle said:

I'd rather they get on with it, roll out the rebalance.
    It's been 84 years.
    Nothing we say will have any influence on what they do at this point.

It is taking a suspiciously long time for this to happen, so I have set my optimism levels to "Oh no, what is this..."

• HuracanDolor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Kang only "eliminates" that aspect of his powerset if you bring Kang to every single fight.

He wouldn’t be the 1st character introduced to solve a very specific problem. I.e. Archangel was created just to stop airborne characters….

• DAZ0273
    Options

@HuracanDolor said:

@entrailbucket said:

He wouldn’t be the 1st character introduced to solve a very specific problem. I.e. Archangel was created just to stop airborne characters….

I think actually at the time Archangel was more considered to be a terrible attempt to counter Gambit with his AP prevention power? Maybe they wanted to counter Vulture too I dunno but he was the only one in an airborne meta that didn't really exist.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, Archangel was meant to counter Gambit's passive AP generation (it emphatically did not work).

As far as I'm aware there's never been a plague of airborne teams dominating the metagame though, so I guess Archangel is doing quite well at keeping them suppressed!

• Bowgentle
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Yeah, Archangel was meant to counter Gambit's passive AP generation (it emphatically did not work).

As far as I'm aware there's never been a plague of airborne teams dominating the metagame though, so I guess Archangel is doing quite well at keeping them suppressed!

Poor Magneto.

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@HuracanDolor said:

@entrailbucket said:

I think actually at the time Archangel was more considered to be a terrible attempt to counter Gambit with his AP prevention power? Maybe they wanted to counter Vulture too I dunno but he was the only one in an airborne meta that didn't really exist.

I sat for 30 seconds at the "end" of a PvP match tonight waiting for the glory to shine upon me. But nothing happened. Then it happened again and again. And when winning didn't happen, I got out my magnifying glass to see what microprint was on the screen, and

lo and behold, Hulkling had gone airborne. Something I didn't know could happen having long ago given up on trying to read his kit.

So I was forced to make another two matches. Guess I shoulda brought Archangel. But who knew?

• DAZ0273
    Options

Yeah he did that to me too but then he landed and I introduced him to death. I am also baffled about what his powers do so I just choose randomly when purple/pink is flashing.

Definitely should'a been an Archangel boost week! Or at least Elsa! Throw us a bone here, Devs!

• Bowgentle
    edited June 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Yeah he did that to me too but then he landed and I introduced him to death. I am also baffled about what his powers do so I just choose randomly when purple/pink is flashing.

Definitely should'a been an Archangel boost week! Or at least Elsa! Throw us a bone here, Devs!

What does Elsa even do?
    Oh, her red.