Chasm - Coming Soon???

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    A wall of anybody in this metagame is a problem that needs fixing.

It means that character is better than whoever's getting +100 levels that week, and it means that character doesn't have a counter that makes them a liability to run.

It can also mean that many people are just copying what they are seeing, and not even trying out the characters with the +100 levels.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,210 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023

Well, after playing the magneto pvp it seems like everyone in slice 2 is acting as if chasm has already been nerfed. Started last night and on my climb I only saw two chasm/hulk teams and two chasm/daredevil teams. There were a few boosted 5 star teams, but the vast majority of what I saw was Mthor and shang chi, which was really nice.

I climbed off of those teams with collosus/apocalypse and went from 0 to 1200 in like 20 minutes with 2 health packs used. Easiest time in pvp in awhile. If this what things will look like post chasm, then yes please.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

It means that character is better than whoever's getting +100 levels that week, and it means that character doesn't have a counter that makes them a liability to run.

This. It isn't difficulty of beating, it is tedium, especially in SHIELD Sim. But I'm good with whatever truth be told. Chasm isn't ruining my day to such an extent I can't do what I wanna do.

• HuracanDolor
    HuracanDolor Posts: 47 Just Dropped In

@pepitedechocolat said:
    I guess people freak out because of the random cascade that creates 40 ap turn 2 or 3 for mthor then proceed to spam abilities. at lower levels you can also get that with polaris for several proc of her passive every turn which is very strong

Those are the worst! What I do not understand is that they created the PERFECT MThor counter and made him a 4* character (Cosmo). What a missed opportunity to create even more balance.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@HuracanDolor said:

@pepitedechocolat said:
    I guess people freak out because of the random cascade that creates 40 ap turn 2 or 3 for mthor then proceed to spam abilities. at lower levels you can also get that with polaris for several proc of her passive every turn which is very strong

Those are the worst! What I do not understand is that they created the PERFECT MThor counter and made him a 4* character (Cosmo). What a missed opportunity to create even more balance.

I think my first comment on the Cosmo thread was "can we have this ability on a 5*?"

I really don't understand what that's all about. The power is clearly designed to counter Thor, and he'd work great, except he's got like 20 health and will die to one move.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@HuracanDolor said:

@pepitedechocolat said:

I think my first comment on the Cosmo thread was "can we have this ability on a 5*?"

I really don't understand what that's all about. The power is clearly designed to counter Thor, and he'd work great, except he's got like 20 health and will die to one move.

Maybe undercovered Jane is a problem for 4* players?
    Or something?

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 233 Tile Toppler

I dont recall seeing any Cosmo unless he is required, so not sure the community actually consider cosmo a mthor counter (and when I run mthor, I never see cosmo in retaliation team either).

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,586 Chairperson of the Boards

He's probably too new. If SheThor becomes choice number 1 Cosmo will probably show up.

• DAZ0273

Cosmo went up against Mighty Thor. Cosmo died.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

@DAZ0273 said:

The fate of Walthamstow Dogs.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,569 Chairperson of the Boards

@pepitedechocolat said:

Well, this plus the fact that she favors special tiles, so she really shuts down your classic "strike tile generator plus Kitty" teams and other teams that rely on the board. Wanda is less affected than others (sooner or later that repeater will go somewhere remote, and she has other uses,) but even ColWanda is impacted by Thor, particularly Riri/Thor.

Mthor is both a "luck amplifier" in the extreme, since she can cause multiple boardshakes in a single turn, and an anti-special tile character. She's definitely very good, I just don't think she's out of balance. There are definitely ways to deal with her (matching/destroying special times really slows her down, particularly without Riri,) and I think soft counters like Cosmo will be more effective against her than Chasm. We'll see.

• DAZ0273

@DrClever said:

@DAZ0273 said:

The fate of Walthamstow Dogs.

The irony being that Walthamstow Dog track is actually in South Chingford.Thus East 17 filming their debut video in E4.

My Dad still lives up the road in Billet Road where I lived for 14 years - just across the Billet Roundabout junction with the A406. The Art Deco stand is listed so it couldn't be altered and remains now, the Chandlers ( the family who owned it) sold off the rest and it was made into social housing at the back. You used to have the Millionaires entrance and the paupers entrance or something like that, the difference between being about 3 quid to get in I think. At least I had better luck there than whenever I went Romford Dogs.

Are you an Easy End alumini?

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

@DAZ0273 said:

It wasn't that easy!

Not a native, and not there now but was in N17/E17 for a quarter of a century.

My 30th involved food-in-a-basket at the dogs, although I dodged Charlie Chan's.

Anyway, picking Cosmo as an MThor counter will probably lead to about as much success as my studying the greyhound form book ever did.

• DAZ0273

@DrClever said:

@DAZ0273 said:

It wasn't that easy!

Not a native, and not there now but was in N17/E17 for a quarter of a century.

My 30th involved food-in-a-basket at the dogs, although I dodged Charlie Chan's.

Anyway, picking Cosmo as an MThor counter will probably lead to about as much success as my studying the greyhound form book ever did.

Ha ha Charlie Chan's, now that is a blast from the past!!! Walthamstow is so different now, gentrified - there is even a pub that serves sushi now in Higham Hill!

And yeah Cosmo Vs MThor is a nice idea that was only that in practice.

• Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler

Another one????

• Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler

@entrailbucket said:
    I don't think we can say, with 100% certainty, what the post Chasm meta will look like, and what will or won't be a problem in that meta. I've said this before somewhere, but because Chasm is so oppressive, once he's gone, it's going to be a really big change that allows a lot of potential strategies to become more viable.

The reason I think I'll see a wall of Thors is that basically everyone who 550d Chasm also 550d Thor, and many of those players have 3 550s and absolutely nothing else.

Thor pretty much took care of the previous meta that ppl kept complaining about so unless there's a new meta then it will be thor meta.
    And everyone can come here complaining about getting beat by a bad cascade all the time.

• MrDupaTM
    MrDupaTM Posts: 67 Match Maker

@Bowgentle said:

@entrailbucket said:

It can also mean that many people are just copying what they are seeing, and not even trying out the characters with the +100 levels.

I don’t need to “copy” to see that Chasm, mThor or “zombie trio” are busted. I always try out the boosted chars (that I own) and I’m often handed my lower back to myself by mThor + Shang-Chi or the infamous unkillable trio.

That should not be the case.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

I've just played right now SIM in order to score at least 1000 points for my alliance. 2 hours left.
    I had 20 health packs after the boss event. All 70 points belonged to the immortals.
    Perfectly beatable, of course, with my monkey kang and SW plus +2 AP +all.
    In order to get 1000 points I lost 14 health packs.
    This is just shameful. After so many months, after so many warnings, after they themselves acknowledged chasm is broken, pvp just limits to use the immortals or to waste all the health packs you have thanks to the unavoidable punishment they deliver.
    It must be because of that reason that each time I play less and less pvp.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,586 Chairperson of the Boards

Why didn't you run Evo / Deathlok / Elektro?
    In SIM this teams kills the trio if you just put everything into buffing Evo. Punch the **** out of iHulk and then wait for Chasm to revive and nuke him with black.
    If you can't nuke with black just punch iHulk over and over until he kills his teammates.
    It works no healthpacks necessary.

Pick two is the problem right now.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 233 Tile Toppler

@Bad said:
    I've just played right now SIM in order to score at least 1000 points for my alliance. 2 hours left.
    I had 20 health packs after the boss event. All 70 points belonged to the immortals.
    Perfectly beatable, of course, with my monkey kang and SW plus +2 AP +all.
    In order to get 1000 points I lost 14 health packs.
    This is just shameful. After so many months, after so many warnings, after they themselves acknowledged chasm is broken, pvp just limits to use the immortals or to waste all the health packs you have thanks to the unavoidable punishment they deliver.
    It must be because of that reason that each time I play less and less pvp.

but but, isn't sim supposed to be a 20+ days marathon, where you slowly climb little by little, waiting for your toons to heal between attacks !?
    the game designer would NEVER have intended that people could do a last minute rush from zero, taking advantage of 70+ points per attack. This situation is ENTIRELY the players fault, as they dont play the game the right way >:)

/sarcasm off