Chasm - Coming Soon???

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

@pepitedechocolat said:

the game designer would NEVER have intended that people could do a last minute rush from zero, taking advantage of 70+ points per attack. This situation is ENTIRELY the players fault, as they dont play the game the right way >:)

/sarcasm off

Sarcasm off or not, that sounded pretty similar to the criature of shadows!

@dianetics said:
    Why didn't you run Evo / Deathlok / Elektro?
    In SIM this teams kills the trio if you just put everything into buffing Evo. Punch the **** out of iHulk and then wait for Chasm to revive and nuke him with black.

That sounded like him, too. Counters with 4* characters which don't solve the turn 1 slaughter and also stand for the poorest defense.
    Everything is already said about chasm, please don't make me repeat myself.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,586 Chairperson of the Boards

It's not really a counter. Its a team that works and doesn't use a bunch healthpacks against the immortal bros. It works and its effective.
    Just throwing out an option to use thats all.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

Gotta say that so far DD's PVP is pretty much Shang/MThor - might change as I get higher I guess.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2023

@Bad said:
    I've just played right now SIM in order to score at least 1000 points for my alliance. 2 hours left.
    In order to get 1000 points I lost 14 health packs.

Genuinely was expecting the next line here to be something like "so from my point of view there's absolutely no problem whatsoever".

Really not sure how much easier anyone would expect the game to be.

• DAZ0273

@Bad said:
    I've just played right now SIM in order to score at least 1000 points for my alliance. 2 hours left.
    I had 20 health packs after the boss event. All 70 points belonged to the immortals.
    Perfectly beatable, of course, with my monkey kang and SW plus +2 AP +all.
    In order to get 1000 points I lost 14 health packs.
    This is just shameful. After so many months, after so many warnings, after they themselves acknowledged chasm is broken, pvp just limits to use the immortals or to waste all the health packs you have thanks to the unavoidable punishment they deliver.
    It must be because of that reason that each time I play less and less pvp.

Tell your alliance that your contract has a "No SHIELD Sim" clause coz SHIELD Sim is for silly people.

• Bad

14 health packs to get just 1000 points is something impressive.
    But no problem, I'll sit and wait for the "super MPQ players " mock at me.
    It doesn't matter even if chasm is acknowledged as broken and it's expected a nerf for him LOL

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

You COULD adjust like the rest of us, or quit.
    But you can also complain and change nothing.
    It's clear what your choice is.

• DAZ0273
    edited July 2023

@Bad said:
    But no problem, I'll sit and wait for the "super MPQ players " mock at me.
    It doesn't matter even if chasm is acknowledged as broken and it's expected a nerf for him LOL

Having Chasm problems? Call 1-900 909 SUPERMPQ

Our crack team of SHIELD Sim experts are waiting 24/7 to help deal with YOUR CHASM* Problems!

Lets us help you:

Help you:

And with our patented tried and tested formula you will never have to:

So don't delay, call today and make that Chasm go away!

• Not all Chasm problems are solvable and in fact possibly Chasm may return without regular treatment. Calls cost 25CP per minute for first 3 minutes and 1000HP thereafter. T&C Apply. SUPERMPQ is a subsidiary of Marvel Puzzle Quest Players Inc, some services such as removal of Chasm not available outside of continental United States or actually possibly Marvel Puzzle Quest. All characters belong to their respective copyright owners, honestly Chasm isn't our fault.
  • DrClever

@Bad said:

That's one health pack per match maximum, right?

You aren't suggesting you failed at any attempt to beat these teams.

So you attempted something relatively ambitious, chose a hard way to do it, and succeeded without a hitch, at a trivial cost.

I'm struggling to imagine the life where that is the thing I'm complaining about.

• Bad

@DrClever said:

I'm struggling to imagine the life where that is the thing I'm complaining about.

Now you are interested on imagine my life?
    Well, I don't have a comunist logo on my profile so my life must have a lot less problem than yours.

@Bowgentle said:
    You COULD adjust like the rest of us, or quit.
    But you can also complain and change nothing.
    It's clear what your choice is.

Wrong. Maybe my suggestions ( for you complaints) helped a bit on nerfing chasm. You are welcome.

• DrClever

Mmm. Fans of irony might wonder if stating that it's possible to gain 1k points in PvP in under two hours targeting exclusively Chasm teams and never losing a match could have an undesirable influence on the Chasm nerf plans.

• Bad

@DrClever said:
    Mmm. Fans of irony might wonder if stating that it's possible to gain 1k points in PvP in under two hours targeting exclusively Chasm teams and never losing a match could have an undesirable influence on the Chasm nerf plans.

Fans of irony probably missed out all my comments since almost 1 year.
    Fans of irony also didn't read right my initial post "perfectly beatable, of course with my kang, monkey and SW".
    Fans of irony also probably don't know how this game works. Because starting from zero you don't fight chasm. So you can't calculate 1 health pack per match. I will ilustrate fans of irony : I had 8 battles without fighting chasm and earning +60 points. Not wasting a single health pack because I was free to swap characters. Then at 700 points I collided into the wall of chasm and there 2 health packs per match.
    Luckily now fans of irony are wiser.

• Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler

There are no boosted apart from venomsaurus rex.
    I climbed to 1k without seeing this wall so whats your point?
    All i see is mthor and partners.
    There's a few chasm/i hulk but they aren't worth a lot of points so aren't worth hitting.

• Bad

@Jimsta_rooney said:
    There are no boosted apart from venomsaurus rex.
    I climbed to 1k without seeing this wall so whats your point?
    All i see is mthor and partners.
    There's a few chasm/i hulk but they aren't worth a lot of points so aren't worth hitting.

Yeah, I know.
    Usually on SIM there is no boosted characters.
    If you saw venomsaurus then you did something pretty amazing.

• DrClever

@Bad said:

my initial post "perfectly beatable, of course with my kang, monkey and SW".

Yeah, this is the crux.

It would make more sense to me if the conclusion of your initial post was that nothing needs to be done about Chasm.

You won every one of the matches against Chasm teams, right?

So for you Chasm doesn't need nerfing, you have no Chasm problems beyond spending a trivial amount of a free resource that you didn't run out of.

Your MPQ life is sweet. Nothing, not even the most powerful option anyone can throw at you, can halt your advance. You are inevitable.

• Bad

If you say my MPQ life is sweet, spending 14 health packs in 6 matches, for only 1200 points to the most, and not seeing anything more than chasm beyond 500 points, then I have no other choice than giving you the reason.
    It's always the best way to deal with crazy persons.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

It's kinda hard when your expectation is 2k in the last hours of a 4 week event, with zero packs used.

• DrClever
    edited July 2023

@Bad said:
    If you say my MPQ life is sweet, spending 14 health packs in 6 matches, for only 1200 points to the most

I honestly don't understand the problem with spending health packs as hoarding them has no purpose, in fact given the daily quest and milestone rewards there's a tiny incentive to use them.

• DAZ0273

I didn't keep count but I died quite a bit on the march to 50 wins and never got near 1200 points in 2013 PvP so using 14 doesn't seem all that insane/punishing.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,586 Chairperson of the Boards

@DrClever said:
    I honestly don't understand the problem with spending health packs as hoarding them has no purpose, in fact given the daily quest and milestone rewards there's a tiny incentive to use them.

I hoard health packs specifically for things like this. Climbing quickly in PvP. That's the only reason.