What's New MPQ - June 2023 (Updated 6/15/23)

Options

Comments

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 621 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@bigjojo04 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@pepitedechocolat said:

@MrPlow said:
    What's with all the Deadpool? Am I missing something? We have a Deadpool PVP coming up and a resurrected DP vs MPQ PVE.

well deadpool 3 is probably the next marvel video production that may not be terribad. Even 1 year away maybe they prepare for it

I dunno. I thought the first Deadpool movie was terrible and never bothered watching the second one. I guess Wolverine.

I think you’re the first person I’ve ever come across that thought the Deadpool movies were terrible.

Well being original ain't all bad! I will correct you though: I thought one Deadpool movie was terrible (OK two if you count X-Men: Origins) but I can't comment on them all being terrible as I never watched Deadpool 2. That might be great! Maybe one day I will find out!

First I am shocked to find someone not liking that first movie!

If you did not like Deadpool 1 then I find it unlikely you will like Deadpool 2. The Deadpool in Woverine Origins well, these things are subjective but this one was objectively bad.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@St_Bernadus said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@bigjojo04 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@pepitedechocolat said:

@MrPlow said:
    What's with all the Deadpool? Am I missing something? We have a Deadpool PVP coming up and a resurrected DP vs MPQ PVE.

well deadpool 3 is probably the next marvel video production that may not be terribad. Even 1 year away maybe they prepare for it

I dunno. I thought the first Deadpool movie was terrible and never bothered watching the second one. I guess Wolverine.

I think you’re the first person I’ve ever come across that thought the Deadpool movies were terrible.

Well being original ain't all bad! I will correct you though: I thought one Deadpool movie was terrible (OK two if you count X-Men: Origins) but I can't comment on them all being terrible as I never watched Deadpool 2. That might be great! Maybe one day I will find out!

If you did not like Deadpool 1 then I find it unlikely you will like Deadpool 2. The Deadpool in Woverine Origins well, these things are subjective but this one was objectively bad.

Truth be told? Never been a big Deadpool fan so it needed to be pretty special for me to like. I thought it was pretty juvenile given it had an adult rating (Note: I AM juvenile so this should 100% not been an issue!) and my wife absolutely hated it so have never bothered with no.2. I have Disney plus so it is there to be watched at some point, maybe after I eventually watch Antman 3. I am sorta intrigued to see how Cable panned out.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 400 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Well with the third one being apart of the MCU and Hugh Jackman coming back it seems like it could be the best of the trilogy.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@St_Bernadus said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@bigjojo04 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@pepitedechocolat said:

@MrPlow said:

Truth be told? Never been a big Deadpool fan so it needed to be pretty special for me to like. I thought it was pretty juvenile given it had an adult rating (Note: I AM juvenile so this should 100% not been an issue!) and my wife absolutely hated it so have never bothered with no.2. I have Disney plus so it is there to be watched at some point, maybe after I eventually watch Antman 3. I am sorta intrigued to see how Cable panned out.

Second one was better, thanks to Negasonic mostly, but yeah, a little over the top for me, too.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Eh, maybe? I think they need to settle on a genre. If it is going to be a comedy then so be it. My problem with Deadpool was always that it never really truly believed that a comic book character should be R rated or whatever it is called and so it just figured "Let's just do ****". In that vein it doesn't help if you find Deadpool annoying and Wolverine is just there as a butt of Deadpool's jokes unless that is made clear from the get go. Hopefully it is Spider-Man No Way Home rather than Dr Strange 2.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If you don't enjoy juvenile jokes, cussing, and making fun of the genre....yeah, Deadpool is not your guy.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,052 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:
    If you don't enjoy juvenile jokes, cussing, and making fun of the genre....yeah, Deadpool is not your guy.

And honestly, who doesn't enjoy all of that?

KGB

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 796 Critical Contributor
    Options

Like both movies. I thought Firefist was annoying in number 2, but was otherwise thoroughly entertained. Looking forward to the third.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 621 Critical Contributor
    Options

So....no July update then?

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@emswad said:

@MoosePrime said:

@emswad said:

@MoosePrime said:

@turbomoose said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    Holey Moley - July has this:

https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/shark-awareness-day/

I expect some Jeff, MPQ!

Also - Canada Day - hopefully that guy from the Enough thread gets his Sasquatch 5 (Orange & furry) & 3 (White and furry) release.

I had to check when Moose day is, apparently January 25th 🫎, don’t think there’s any marvel characters that are moose based sadly 😢

There's Mooster Fantastic and Mooseterio.

Don't forget Moosedusa

Is that a real character? I don't see anything about her at https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Moose

For reference, here are the two characters I mentioned:
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mooster_Fantastic_(Earth-8311)
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mooseterio_(Earth-8311)

Lol, no sorry I was just going with the moose theme

Then she'll have to be an MPQ original.

• DAZ0273
    Options

No Q&A answers?

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Borstock said:

I have no issue with any of those things. I laughed at Kickass. Mystery Men is one of the greatest super hero films ever made. I just didn't think Deadpool did any of those things very well. /shrugs

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Breaking the fifth wall. I like Deadpool because of his crazy monologues and/or puns, mockings, and the wall mentioned (many times he does it while he is slaughtering foes).
    In order to be funny and fresh it's needed a good script.
    On the first part I found it ok, on the second part not .

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

,,,that's the fourth wall, not the fifth...

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bad said:
    Breaking the fifth wall. I like Deadpool because of his crazy monologues and/or puns, mockings, and the wall mentioned (many times he does it while he is slaughtering foes).
    In order to be funny and fresh it's needed a good script.
    On the first part I found it ok, on the second part not .

I just looked up "Best Deadpool movie quotes". Crikey it was much worst than I remembered. It actually makes me quite sad. I hope the script for DP3 is not that bad. 🙁

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 400 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I’m really looking forward to some of the things Deadpool is gonna say in the third one now that it’s apart of the MCU. Thinking about things he’ll say about Disney buying the rights and having the money to have more than two X-Men in the mansion this time around.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Borstock said:

I have no issue with any of those things. I laughed at Kickass. Mystery Men is one of the greatest super hero films ever made. I just didn't think Deadpool did any of those things very well. /shrugs

Hm. Not sure, then. I find both films highly entertaining. I can't watch Ryan Reynolds in anything else, or take him seriously in anything. But he was genetically conceived in a lab to play Deadpool and I've loved every minute.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Borstock said:

Hm. Not sure, then. I find both films highly entertaining. I can't watch Ryan Reynolds in anything else, or take him seriously in anything. But he was genetically conceived in a lab to play Deadpool and I've loved every minute.

He was great in Detective Pikachu too...

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

"It is known in acting as “breaking the fifth wall” and is when actor's may make comments, or assides, sharing their internal process with the audience, as if stepping out of the world created on the stage to join with them on an intimate basis."

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bad said:

@Bowgentle said:

"It is known in acting as “breaking the fifth wall” and is when actor's may make comments, or assides, sharing their internal process with the audience, as if stepping out of the world created on the stage to join with them on an intimate basis."

No, it's known as breaking the fourth wall. The 3 walls of the set, the fourth wall is the camera