What's New MPQ - June 2023 (Updated 6/15/23)

Comments

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 97 Match Maker

Too bad they took out the # of days in brackets for pve on the calendar. I liked that addition

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 885 Critical Contributor

@Punisher5784 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Zarqa said:
    Why are Electro shards being skipped? I thought the normal process was to insert a random 5star when latest 5 shards are rewarded and then continue with the Essential list order after. But it seems Electro will be fully skipped when it’s her turn in the order.

I hate when they skip the Classics. I need 200 shards to have a cover for her to participate in the 5* essential, but now I'll be locked out the entire event.

Just give us both shards! I actually don't care about new 5* shards, I can already cover them with LLs, it's the Classics that are challenging gain covers

Just spend the 250 CP if you're so desperate.

I'm not desperate, just annoyed and rightfully so. However, thanks for pointing out the Electro 250 offer. I forgot about that and the upcoming Gwenom store isn't exciting.

Definitely not an exciting store, but perfectly timed for me personally. Need 1 cover for Electro and Spidey to champ em both. Thursday can't come fast enough.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards

@Punisher5784 said:

@Zarqa said:
    Why are Electro shards being skipped? I thought the normal process was to insert a random 5star when latest 5 shards are rewarded and then continue with the Essential list order after. But it seems Electro will be fully skipped when it’s her turn in the order.

I hate when they skip the Classics. I need 200 shards to have a cover for her to participate in the 5* essential, but now I'll be locked out the entire event.

Just give us both shards! I actually don't care about new 5* shards, I can already cover them with LLs, it's the Classics that are challenging gain covers

You don't get locked out of an event just because you don't have an essential character. You just can't play the 5* node so just skip that node and grind out the rest of the nodes to hit progression.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023

@shardwick said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Zarqa said:

You don't get locked out of an event just because you don't have an essential character. You just can't play the 5* node so just skip that node and grind out the rest of the nodes to hit progression.

Thanks for pointing that. What I was saying is, I'm locked out of the 5* essential the entire event. I made a brief edit to the comment.

I'm good now. I spent the 250 CP for a cover.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023

@Bzhai said:

@BlackBoltRocks said:
    Electro, Banner, Yelena, Black Bolt. Four consecutive classic 5* as essentials?

Also, seems like Magneto has been skipped, according to my cycle: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/83560/new-classic-legends-essential-order-in-pve

Venom Bomb should be awarding Gwenom shards while Electro is the essential. I really wish they stop doing this for every new 5* release. I really could use some Electro shards.

@Zarqa said:

Yes and no. Electro IS the random 5-star being inserted (as a required character) for the event giving Gwenom shards in progression. The next two classic 5's are Banner and Yelena. After Yelena we should have three Latest Essentials again (Magik, Jeffrey, and the High Evolutionary). Then the next two classics should be Electro and Black Bolt (unsure of which order they're supposed to be in, but I would have said Electro first). THAT is when it is Electro's turn in the order, and that's when we should be getting shards for her. She's not "skipped" because it's not her turn yet.

Of course, the schedule shows Black Bolt when we should be having a Latest 5, and appears to be skipping 3 Latest 5's and Electro, so who knows what'll happen by the end of the month.

EDIT: Looks like my list goofed and inserted new classics in the wrong spot, the whole way down the list. Electro should absolutely be between Banner and Yelena, so it looks like someone is getting skipped again. Doesn't happen often, but it's still annoying that it happens, especially when it takes longer to cycle through the Classic characters each time they do this, and the last time took 1y7m, and the time before that 1y2.5m, so we're looking at over two years before any skipped character would come around in the rotation again.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2023

@JHawkInc said:

@Bzhai said:

@BlackBoltRocks said:
    Electro, Banner, Yelena, Black Bolt. Four consecutive classic 5* as essentials?

Also, seems like Magneto has been skipped, according to my cycle: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/83560/new-classic-legends-essential-order-in-pve

Venom Bomb should be awarding Gwenom shards while Electro is the essential. I really wish they stop doing this for every new 5* release. I really could use some Electro shards.

@Zarqa said:

Yes and no. Electro IS the random 5-star being inserted (as a required character) for the event giving Gwenom shards in progression. The next two classic 5's are Banner and Yelena. After Yelena we should have three Latest Essentials again (Magik, Jeffrey, and the High Evolutionary). Then the next two classics should be Electro and Black Bolt (unsure of which order they're supposed to be in, but I would have said Electro first). THAT is when it is Electro's turn in the order, and that's when we should be getting shards for her. She's not "skipped" because it's not her turn yet.

Of course, the schedule shows Black Bolt when we should be having a Latest 5, and appears to be skipping 3 Latest 5's and Electro, so who knows what'll happen by the end of the month.

I hope you’re right, but I don’t think that’s necessarily true. According to this tracker https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/83560/new-classic-legends-essential-order-in-pve/p1 the essential order should be:

• The Hulk (Bruce Banner)
    • Electro (Francine Frye)
    • Yelena Belova (Black Widow)
    • Black Bolt (Inhuman King)
    • Hawkeye (Clint Barton)

We see the top 4 of those 5s listed as Essentials in the top post of this What’s New thread. I hope you’re right and the fact that Electro is essential now is just a coincidence and we get Electro again for a second time after Black Bolt, but I’m not convinced about it.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards

Oh it looks like a formatting error may have futz'd with my list, I'll need to double check and re-evaluate.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

No Thick As Thieves preview?

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor

@Bowgentle said:
    No Thick As Thieves preview?

Here wondering the same thing. Though didn't we just have TAT?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

I wish they would do another Q&A because I would really like to know why we can't have Simulator in the rotation any more. We are very tired of playing these things over and again (I haven't bothered with Venom Bomb) so having the one event that tended to offer different challenges periodically would be a nice change of pace.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker

Thick As Thieves preview just landed in game

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    I wish they would do another Q&A because I would really like to know why we can't have Simulator in the rotation any more. We are very tired of playing these things over and again (I haven't bothered with Venom Bomb) so having the one event that tended to offer different challenges periodically would be a nice change of pace.

So much this.
    They can keep skipping DP vs MPQ though!
    Nobody needs that 2x48 stuff.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

@BlackBoltRocks said:

@DAZ0273 said:

I wanted to ask about Simulator and Deadpool vs MPQ as well. It'd be hilarious if they ever did an updated version of Simulator, and the Challenge node was against 3 Chasms.

Surely it would be a Chasm & iHulk node.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023

@DAZ0273 said:

@BlackBoltRocks said:

@DAZ0273 said:

I wanted to ask about Simulator and Deadpool vs MPQ as well. It'd be hilarious if they ever did an updated version of Simulator, and the Challenge node was against 3 Chasms.

Surely it would be a Chasm & iHulk node.

With either SheHulk or Kang as the 3rd character.

And it wouldn't be the challenge node, it would be the 5E node when Wasp is the required character :D

KGB

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

@BlackBoltRocks said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Nope, it'll be a 2* node because they will forget that SCL10 exists again

• BurntOutGamer
    BurntOutGamer Posts: 18 Just Dropped In

Will we be receiving placement rewards for Samurai Daken in an upcoming PVP? Looks like he got skipped in Valkyrie’s pvp

• CoxLargo
    CoxLargo Posts: 54 Match Maker

Update this, please. Thanks

• concillado
    concillado Posts: 30 Just Dropped In

Yes, we want the covers for Hulkling in progression!

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker

Bets on if we get an updated thread before the new boost list goes live?