Cage Match 6/1-6/4

Options

Comments

• franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    woaah.. forgot to shield up for one minute.. -100 pts.. back to square one.. i surrender mikey.. don't fell like grinding up to 1300 again.. congrats..

Ouch. Looks like you've recovered from 2 bashings............but still pushing by the looks of things icon_e_surprised.gif
    i finnally recovered thanks to our friend slobo who was worth 40 pts and some defensive wins here and there.. i'm back in the mix.. i shield hop one more time.. but i don't think it will be enough to overtake you.. damn.. well done mikey.. it was fun.. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    GOD, I love games with nothing but **** cascades for the enemy. Making sure I don't have a shot in hell. Really makes the game fun. [/sarcasm]

Hoping I can keep myself in Top 50 for at least 1 BP cover. Have to try to make a little progress in the 2* to 3* transition. This is going to take a long time, though.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    I will be floating unshielded, the soft bracket turned out to have quite a bunch of forumites, including alliance mate CapnJoe, Emeryt, Phantron, acibalik, daveomite, tcway...
    Only need the alliance black cover and 100 HP from a top 25 placement, so actually pleased about not having to stress out and casually playing through the end.

Oh hey! **wave**... lol, nice bracket indeed. pimptastic's in it too. This entire thing has just been...um....interesting.

212 patch, i am so tired of seeing you. Hanging out with your constantly angry buddy hulk. Always trying to take my lunch money.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yea, my two losses in this event were because of Hulk. I would launch my Patch's rage, and then attempt to take down Hulk with C.Mag's red. I would have no luck in creating cascades and fall just short of eliminating Hulk, then I have to suffer the wrath of his 7+ anger tiles I created. In one of the losses he beat me with 3 HP left.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Yea, my two losses in this event were because of Hulk. I would launch my Patch's rage, and then attempt to take down Hulk with C.Mag's red. I would have no luck in creating cascades and fall just short of eliminating Hulk, then I have to suffer the wrath of his 7+ anger tiles I created. In one of the losses he beat me with 3 HP left.
    I'm sorry, I'm not sure what alliance you are in, what are your Patch and Magneto builds?
  • Unknown
    Options
    No service on my phone and the wifi at my work went down last night due to a power outage. I put up an 8 hour shield last night intending on grinding up a couple hundred more points from where I was (700) and then finally shielding til the end.

Looks like I'm screwed though. icon_e_sad.gif
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Rohades, JessyC01, Dark Silence, I have you all queued and will probably have to hit you. Sorry if you're unshielded!
    Edit: Jessy definitely not shielded, and they are losing points, so I will just ignore the Jungle node then (can't skip past).
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I'm sorry, I'm not sure what alliance you are in, what are your Patch and Magneto builds?

Honestly, I have no idea. I'm not one of those people that get heavily involved in optimal builds. I just go where the covers fall. I think I have 5 yellow for Patch and 5 Purple for C.mags.

My alliance is Retribution.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    kevin of the scAvengers, I hope you're shielded...

Toxicadam, thanks, I will see for myself. I do wipe against the Hulk when fielding Patch, too, but never with Magneto.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It was my own laziness. I usually build up Patch's red to take Hulk down to less than 2k hp and then Hood's black + C. mags blue can finish him off.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:

Toxicadam, thanks, I will see for myself. I do wipe against the Hulk when fielding Patch, too, but never with Magneto.
    He's not, he's getting comm link disruptions... :-/
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    locked wrote:

He's not, he's getting comm link disruptions... :-/
    I gave him a def win... Hope it helps.
  • Unknown
    Options
    i finnally recovered thanks to our friend slobo who was worth 40 pts and some defensive wins here and there.. i'm back in the mix.. i shield hop one more time.. but i don't think it will be enough to overtake you.. damn.. well done mikey.. it was fun.. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Well played & thanks. Got a bit busy at the end to safely add many more points icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    So...

I played a little a couple of hours ago, climbed up to 922, which was giving me #6 then. I decided to shield, even though I'll get Black BP from Alliance rewards in PvE.

At 1hr to go, I was #11. I decided to unshield at T -3min and got into top10. Found THANOS2 worth 34pts, just enough to jump into safe #8.

Now let's switch back to my RL.

My GF came back from a 1 week trip today. We were sitting in her place. She was studying (exam tomorrow), I was sitting on the bed with my laptop (Steam user).

At T -20mins she decides she needs a break and "let's watch last episode of Game of Thrones!!!". I was like "Hoooray! I'm sooo curious what's gonna happen" ("dammit! dammit! dammit! like she couldn't wait 20mins?")

The phone rang. So she's now talking with her friend and I'm relaunching MPQ, preparing boosts (+3Green/Black, +3Purple/Blue, +3All), setting the team (max Patch 535, CMags 115 533, Psylocke 535 to hit once with her black, as I got 6 black from boosts). I hope she will talk for a while...

At -5mins she hangs up, sits next to me and she's saying: "My sweet sweet Emeryt, my lord and commander of my life (or something like that, I don't remember now), I think I should study, not watch GoT.. Let's hug a little"

I'm all into hugging, but can't it wait like 3mins? icon_rolleyes.gif

At 5:59 she goes to the bathroom, I have less than 2mins to finish a fight.

Unshield. Match Green. Berzerker Rage. Psy's Black. CMags Red. Cmags Red. Match blue. win.

I got info that I was too late and the points weren't added... I shut down MPQ, my GF came back, time for hugging. icon_cool.gif

---

I just relaunched MPQ.
    Congratulations, You were top10 in Cage Match tournament!

Huh? ****?

I'm checking the standings and I have 954pts. So it added the points in the end! I must've finished in the very last second of the tournament!

YAY! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

tl;dr: Hugging with GF is great, but can wait.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    mohio have cost me a load of ISO -- no one told you not to hang out over 800 with a lousy party in last 6 hours? passed on the easy hit many times.
    icon_redface.gif My bad! Thanks for not whacking me though. My team is indeed an easy hit, and I was merely trying to make my way over 900 to shield, but alas hit the endless yoyo that seems to be the norm now in that 7-900 range and finally shielded at 875-ish.

edit: just caught up with the rest of the thread - @emeryt - That happened to me too! Granted I was safely in top 10 and I don't really care about season standings so it didn't mean all that much, but I was at 974 so I figured I'd get in one last match in the last 3-4 minutes for ~30 and pick up that extra iso. Finish my match to get the screen saying event was over, but then right after that the 1000 progression reward pops up. Maybe there's some few seconds or something where it will still add your points in.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lol Emeryt, now I see why you prefer PVP to end when your GF is asleep icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Lol Emeryt, now I see why you prefer PVP to end when your GF is asleep icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I'm not talking to You anymore, You thief! She was miiiiiiiiiiine!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Lol, sorry bout that, the timing was... not so great, yeah.

But she was, is, and will always be _mine_ icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    So...

I played a little a couple of hours ago, climbed up to 922, which was giving me #6 then. I decided to shield, even though I'll get Black BP from Alliance rewards in PvE.

At 1hr to go, I was #11. I decided to unshield at T -3min and got into top10. Found THANOS2 worth 34pts, just enough to jump into safe #8.

Now let's switch back to my RL.

My GF came back from a 1 week trip today. We were sitting in her place. She was studying (exam tomorrow), I was sitting on the bed with my laptop (Steam user).

At T -20mins she decides she needs a break and "let's watch last episode of Game of Thrones!!!". I was like "Hoooray! I'm sooo curious what's gonna happen" ("dammit! dammit! dammit! like she couldn't wait 20mins?")

The phone rang. So she's now talking with her friend and I'm relaunching MPQ, preparing boosts (+3Green/Black, +3Purple/Blue, +3All), setting the team (max Patch 535, CMags 115 533, Psylocke 535 to hit once with her black, as I got 6 black from boosts). I hope she will talk for a while...

At -5mins she hangs up, sits next to me and she's saying: "My sweet sweet Emeryt, my lord and commander of my life (or something like that, I don't remember now), I think I should study, not watch GoT.. Let's hug a little"

I'm all into hugging, but can't it wait like 3mins? icon_rolleyes.gif

At 5:59 she goes to the bathroom, I have less than 2mins to finish a fight.

Unshield. Match Green. Berzerker Rage. Psy's Black. CMags Red. Cmags Red. Match blue. win.

I got info that I was too late and the points weren't added... I shut down MPQ, my GF came back, time for hugging. icon_cool.gif

---

I just relaunched MPQ.
    Congratulations, You were top10 in Cage Match tournament!

Huh? ****?

I'm checking the standings and I have 954pts. So it added the points in the end! I must've finished in the very last second of the tournament!

YAY! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

tl;dr: Hugging with GF is great, but can wait.

That's good stuff. Gotta love pulling it out when it gets down to the wire.

I've still yet to see my standing, but i'm sure it's not good at all. I put my shield on last night at around 1:00 AM (Central time), fully intending to take a break around when my shield would wear off... I get to work and I'm informed there was a power outage, and all sommunication systems are down until further notice. Now, I work for a credit union that is located in a 4 story massive office. It's also on the bottom floor, and gets ZERO cell reception, and the only way I can play when I have a free minute or two is if I'm connected to the wifi they ahve in the building. The wifi has been down all day, and my shield wore off around 9:00ish... I can only imagine the points I lost in those 2 hours.

I can't even remember who I was using with my patch. Most of the night I was using Hulk (121, 5/3/5) Patch Boosted to 130 (3/5/4) and OBW 85 (3/5/5) So..... who knows :/
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Lol, sorry bout that, the timing was... not so great, yeah.

But she was, is, and will always be _mine_ icon_mrgreen.gif

This just affirms that I need to get my lady into the game. Alas, her own FTL addiction proves too hard to break so far.

Thanks for letting ys 'borrow' yours, though. icon_e_wink.gif