Cage Match 6/1-6/4

Comments

• Shielded for the night...I hit a few of you, I remember walkyourpath, reckless, and my apparent mmr bubble mate John Courage. Feel free to hit me back.

HailMary and DecoyDuck, I'm just shooting for a top 10 if either of you were trying for first.

I know you pulled me back from the 1k threshold. Tcway did it twice.
    Thanks to a big 40pt match and a defensive win thanks to Novastar I crossed over the line and into first.
    Also, if Xarxar of 5DV wants to let me have this one that would just be the ****.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Shielded for the night...I hit a few of you, I remember walkyourpath, reckless, and my apparent mmr bubble mate John Courage. Feel free to hit me back.

HailMary and DecoyDuck, I'm just shooting for a top 10 if either of you were trying for first.
    Nah, I'm good. I'm just going for Top Ten.

I hit that bubble, too, in which most of the people I endlessly saw were fielding the Official S.H.I.E.L.Defense Team of max Patch + Hulk + UDaken. That took more skipping than I would've liked. icon_razz.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    HailMary wrote:
    Shielded for the night...I hit a few of you, I remember walkyourpath, reckless, and my apparent mmr bubble mate John Courage. Feel free to hit me back.

Nah, I'm good. I'm just going for Top Ten.

I hit that bubble, too, in which most of the people I endlessly saw were fielding the Official S.H.I.E.L.Defense Team of max Patch + Hulk + UDaken. That took more skipping than I would've liked. icon_razz.gif

Yea....that's the team I'm running. It was a bit of a tough climb to get to 1000 tonight...multiple times I would come out of a match with a new retaliation. Thankfully those died down about 90 minutes ago and I was able to get there.

bahukma sorry about that, but I am glad that you made it as well!
  • I'm trying to figure out what team I should try using for this event. Seems a bit late, but still. icon_razz.gif Almost tempted to try using my maxed 2* Daken, but seems like he'd just end up making me a target. Probably go with the default team, I suppose.
  • If anyone has me in his queue feel free to hit me, I'm shielded for about 2h and an easy target icon_e_smile.gif
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    woaah.. forgot to shield up for one minute.. -100 pts.. back to square one.. i surrender mikey.. don't fell like grinding up to 1300 again.. congrats..
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice tourney.
    Sat for 38 hours without playing, went from 650ish to 860 from defensive victories, lol.

Took my first defeat as a sign to finally push, got up to 1003, shielded for the duration now.

Can't remember the last time I got bye with only one 8h shield, that'll be a nice net gain in HP. Probably could have made top 10 without shielding at all (or, without playing anymore...) but figured, some season points would be nice.

Feel free to hit me if you got me in a node icon_e_smile.gif
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    I struggled to figure out a team for this event because my Patch is just not strong enough to hold his own, yet with the buff can still do some damage. I ended up bringing my Psylocke (only 3* available to me to max out) up to 130 and used her with OBW. I, like quite a few, yo-yo'd in that 700 - 800, but was able to get myself to 905 after breaking shield and fitting in 4 really quick matches without getting hit. Due to decent bracketing lately, that should hold for top 10, so shielded until the end - fire away!
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited June 2014
    I will be floating unshielded, the soft bracket turned out to have quite a bunch of forumites, including alliance mate CapnJoe, Emeryt, Phantron, acibalik, daveomite, tcway...
    Only need the alliance black cover and 100 HP from a top 25 placement, so actually pleased about not having to stress out and casually playing through the end.
  • Shielded for the duration. Also sorry krow about hitting you 4 or so times. You were nomnom points.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    i struggle to find nodes with more than 3-4 pts.. i skipped for hundreds isos and nothing worthy.. damn.. that timing in shielding is gonna drive me nuts..
  • I knew I should have just waited until there were a few hours left in this event to start. Only matches I'm getting are either worth in the teens for points, or against maxed LTs and CMags. God, I hope seasons eventually stop so I won't have to get in the 1000s (which is currently impossible for me to do) just to be able to get one of the top prizes.
  • mohio have cost me a load of ISO -- no one told you not to hang out over 800 with a lousy party in last 6 hours? passed on the easy hit many times.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    Welp I just used Berserker Rage with 2 green and 0 blue on the board because I am the dumbest person alive

That'll teach me to drinbk and play

You're smarter than the AI. It used TBTI on me for zero damage.

Shielded at 816 for the duration. Work schedule plus noon end time are not cooperative for me. Between this and the PVE, I just need one blue and one black and my BP is fully covered, so I think I'll be ok.

Ohhhhhh. THAT'S what that was! I was in a tight match with Pun low on health and out in front. AI used an ability and I expected him to go down, but there he was, still looking stern. Thought it was a glitch and moved on but mystery solved.
  • Mikame wrote:
    Shielded for the duration. Also sorry krow about hitting you 4 or so times. You were nomnom points.

That was like 6 times lol. Luckily my team doesn't require health packs so I could just keep grinding.
  • HailMary wrote:

One of the positive benefits of the Spidey nerf, some actual PvP defense!

I let that team sit nearly all day yesterday and ran up from 750 to 850 or so just in def wins that overcompensated for the losses I took. Played a few retals and went to bed around 900ish, woke up only -50. Was able to get to 1100 with 2 3 hour shields. Really glad to see Hulk finding an occasional place in the meta again.
  • OTERSEY, I was just pushing to 800, how many points could I have been worth? You're so cruel...
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    OTERSEY doesn't believe in pts, just revenge

Lorenyc. If you're reading I'm not planning on hopping you for first so no need to worry about me
  • woaah.. forgot to shield up for one minute.. -100 pts.. back to square one.. i surrender mikey.. don't fell like grinding up to 1300 again.. congrats..

Ouch. Looks like you've recovered from 2 bashings............but still pushing by the looks of things icon_e_surprised.gif
  • shielded till the end, feel free to hit me