Cage Match 6/1-6/4

Options
DirigiblePilot
DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
Patch is on!
I coulda sworn it was called something different last time, though...

Notables: Panther Blue and Yellow (Black Alliance)
Patch Green at 1100
Wolvie X-Force Yellow 1300
Invis Woman Green #1

(All rewards have the usual values of HP and Iso.)
Progression:
25- Standard
50- 500 Iso
100- Stockpile
200- 250 Iso
300- Cage Match Recruit Token
400- 250 Iso
500- 500 Iso
600- CStorm Green
700- 500 Iso
800- 1000 Iso
900- 50 HP
1000- 1000 Iso
1100- Patch Green
1200- 1000 Iso
1300- X-Force Yellow

Placement:
1- Invisible Woman Green
2-10 Black Panther Blue and Yellow
11-50 Black Panther Blue
51-200 Storm Blue
201-250 Standard x 3
251-300 x2
301-400 x1
401-500 250 Iso

Alliance:
1-100 Black Panther Black

1-2 250 HP
3-50 100 HP
51-2500 50 HP

1-100 2000 Iso
101-250 1500 Iso
251-500 1000 Iso
501-1000 500 Iso
1001-1750 250 Iso
1751-5000 200 Iso
<5000 140 Iso

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Last time it was all the wolverines with old lightning round 100% style buffs. It was not a good time as if you had patch you were invincible and you just got attacked by everyone else running invincible patch teams. Glad they are not rerunning that event.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yawning at the rewards. If it was Human Torch or Hood however...
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    A gazillionth non-shielding tourney in a row? I'm loving this. And buffed Patch? Invincible indeed. Thanks to this tourney's rewards, I can ignore the Simulator ranking, too. What's not to love!
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Last time it was all the wolverines with old lightning round 100% style buffs. It was not a good time as if you had patch you were invincible and you just got attacked by everyone else running invincible patch teams. Glad they are not rerunning that event.

Oh yeah, and it was called "The Best There Is."
    kensterr wrote:
    Yawning at the rewards. If it was Human Torch or Hood however...

My sentiments exactly.

Anyone want the alliance rewards?
    ...They'll be up in a sec.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Vs tournaments. All random 3*, all the time
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mkai - can now just play the Simulator to get the 500/250 ISO rewards from as many nodes as possible and the 1000/2000 rewards ^_^
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    A gazillionth non-shielding tourney in a row? I'm loving this. And buffed Patch? Invincible indeed. Thanks to this tourney's rewards, I can ignore the Simulator ranking, too. What's not to love!

I need 1 Yellow and 1 Black BP. So...

I'll be getting Yellow from Alliance rewards in PvE. And I need only top75 to get Black.

Combined with Black from Alliance rewards in this one... I guess I can sit down, prepare a shisha, pour some amaretto into milk and relax icon_cool.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm always happy for any event where I have the buffed hero at 141.

On a different note: two events with Panther rewards, I guess we know what the next PVP will be.
  • kensterr
    Options
    PVP featuring BP but a PVE that will give out Mohawk Storm, BP's love interest. What say u guys? icon_e_smile.gif
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Buffed maxed Patch takes yellow from maxed Hood, not to mention Magneto. Of course, it means that Hood's insane crit multiplier will only trigger on environment and black matches, but still, a 4/6 TBTI? I'm going to enjoy this tourney so much.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This Patch is just +50% level unlike The Best There Is.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Buffed maxed Patch takes yellow from maxed Hood, not to mention Magneto. Of course, it means that Hood's insane crit multiplier will only trigger on environment and black matches, but still, a 4/6 TBTI? I'm going to enjoy this tourney so much.
    Patch 535:

Green 2627dmg, 6 strike tiles dealing 219dmg each. That's +1314dmg!
    Yellow heals 547 each turn.

I feel sorry for people without CMags. And obviously I'm taking Betsy as the third icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Phantron, I know that the current buff is lower, but TBTI's buff was too insane for a regular tourney, even for my indiscriminate tastes.

By the way should I keep Patch at 4-5-4 for this tourney? As I intend to have some quicker killings, and healing is quite glorious as is. After that I can respec to 3-5-5 (have both green/yellow in cache).
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Phantron, I know that the current buff is lower, but TBTI's buff was too insane for a regular tourney, even for my indiscriminate tastes.

By the way should I keep Patch at 4-5-4 for this tourney? As I intend to have some quicker killings, and healing is quite glorious as is. After that I can respec to 3-5-5 (have both green/yellow in cache).
    When combined with CMags no build can match 535.

1. You kill faster.
    2. You don''t need healthpacks.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    PVP featuring BP but a PVE that will give out Mohawk Storm, BP's love interest. What say u guys? icon_e_smile.gif

I've had a few thoughts re: next character to be released.

It's highly likely that we'll be getting a rerun of Thick as Thieves pretty soon. In terms of storyline, it's heavily focused on mutants and maggia.

Playing up the mutant side of things, I think that buffing mutant heroes would make sense (we've had rewards of Psylocke, Patch and Mags) and the pins that open up in the main bracket with the guest C.Storm could instead feature Mohawk Storm as a way for us to get a taste of fully-covered Storm (and thereby entice some cover sales post-release).

Playing up the Maggia side of things, I think that TaT could equally be used to introduce She-Hulk. Buff Spider-Man, Daredevil and Black Panther (since this is his "Man Without Fear" incarnation) - TaT was such a goon-heavy event, buffing Daredevil would be hilarious and aggravating all at once. Conversely, buffed Spider-Man could

I think both of those options are possible, however I have also applied some degree of reasoning and theming - which I don't think we're really seen applied before - so I could be way off the mark.
  • kensterr
    Options
    @mawt
    Demiurge is like a box of chocolates
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:

I know, was just pointing out that it's not +100% level like TBTI when he just kind of laughed at everyone else besides himself and then killed everyone.

I'm guessing the first 4 is red? Because 4g5r4y is an awfully weird build for him. The level fo TBTI/regen is dependent on how many colors Patch is tanking:

1. If Patch is tanking 3 colors, you should have TBTI at level 5 and regen at 3 because you're only tanking half of the time, and your ability to fight is virtually certain to be throttled by the two other guys that shares the other 3 colors.

2. If Patch is tanking 4 colors (probably most likely scenario with Patch getting red/yellow/green/purple), TBTI 3 is almost never enough to kill another Patch from full health, while TBTI 5 is always enough, and TBTI 4 is hard to tell. You also have to think about how your team is constructed and whether it's even feasible to pick up 14 red on defense.

3. If Patch is tanking 5 colors, you should have TBTI at level 3 and regen at 5 because you're doing most of the tanking and you already own enough tiles to make TBTI work.

I think regen is overrated in general for PvP, and in this particular event the only attack that can seriously threaten Patch is a Berserker Rage or TBTI from an opposing Patch, and both attacks are likely to easily punch through regen. I keep TBTI at 5 because I figure I'm going to lose on defense the vast majority of the time, but if the AI magically picks up 14 red I want to make sure their Patch has no possibility of surviving that. On offense, Berserker Rage + Magneto is enough to handle everything anyway comfortably.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    locked wrote:

When combined with CMags no build can match 535.

1. You kill faster.
    2. You don''t need healthpacks.
    I like TBTI too much to give up (oneshotting Hulk/Sentry/LT, not to mention any 5800 3*, after putting down strike tiles? Awesome).
    5 green with 3 yellow is way too suicidal if Magneto isn't around. There's absolutely no one else you can combine 5 green Patch with, barring Loki (yay?). Even the friendly Hulk can't stand that kind of abuse for longer than one match.
    3 green with 5 yellow is giving up some immediate damage, but I can use it much earlier despite not having enough AP for other attacks, which should result in the same amount of damage done.
    I don't get the notion that you can't use TBTI much with Magneto. With Magneto's current state, I can both spam Projectiles and use TBTI at least once in most matches. Of course, if Magneto gets ragnified, you can't probably have both, but then again 5 green in Patch becomes too suicidal to ever use, too.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I'm guessing the first 4 is red? Because 4g5r4y is an awfully weird build for him. The level fo TBTI/regen is dependent on how many colors Patch is tanking:

1. If Patch is tanking 3 colors, you should have TBTI at level 5 and regen at 3 because you're only tanking half of the time, and your ability to fight is virtually certain to be throttled by the two other guys that shares the other 3 colors.

2. If Patch is tanking 4 colors (probably most likely scenario with Patch getting red/yellow/green/purple), TBTI 3 is almost never enough to kill another Patch from full health, while TBTI 5 is always enough, and TBTI 4 is hard to tell. You also have to think about how your team is constructed and whether it's even feasible to pick up 14 red on defense.

3. If Patch is tanking 5 colors, you should have TBTI at level 3 and regen at 5 because you're doing most of the tanking and you already own enough tiles to make TBTI work.

I think regen is overrated in general for PvP, and in this particular event the only attack that can seriously threaten Patch is a Berserker Rage or TBTI from an opposing Patch, and both attacks are likely to easily punch through regen. I keep TBTI at 5 because I figure I'm going to lose on defense the vast majority of the time, but if the AI magically picks up 14 red I want to make sure their Patch has no possibility of surviving that. On offense, Berserker Rage + Magneto is enough to handle everything anyway comfortably.
    I applied covers as they happened to drop/be awarded, missed a yellow once recently - thanks, bracket of death. My Patch is 4-5-4 with 5 in red, obviously.
    With Magneto he tanks at the very least 3/6: green, red, yellow. Purple depending on the third guy, never blue, rarely black, as black is stronger for Magneto but also weak, which means that only oBW/Doom/GSBW/Yelena can take half the rainbow in all cases, and I don't run any of those with Patch (oBW is nice, but lack of health, board control and offensive abilities is a no-no).
    In Starfall, he had green, red, yellow and purple, leaving black and blue to Mags.
    Currently he takes green, red, yellow and purple, leaving blue to Mags and black to Hood. Which is as awesome as it gets this side of Galaxy and the only things I miss out on are strong purple damage and the Hood's crit multiplier.
    So, I get it that 3/5/5 is more boring than builds with 5 in green, but I want to win/survive even with bad boards, thanks.
    Edit: forgot to add that 5 in yellow is at least a fail-safe for when the enemy gets an ability ready. I never want Magneto to take the blow as Magneto can win on his own and Patch cannot; whereas Patch can heal back even after a near-mortal hit and Magneto cannot).
    Edit: I don't even need to run the Hood for all matches, he's just a damage prevention measure, as Magneto can get me as much AP as I need. For active yellow/black and the scare factor, I can add BP or LT. It's just that the Hood is much cooler and I love the opportunity to run him. Hmm. Although I am quite sure that Hood is scarier than either BP or LT.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    I applied covers as they happened to drop/be awarded, missed a yellow once recently - thanks, bracket of death. My Patch is 4-5-4 with 5 in red, obviously.
    With Magneto he tanks at the very least 3/6: green, red, yellow. Purple depending on the third guy, never blue, rarely black, as black is stronger for Magneto but also weak, which means that only oBW/Doom/GSBW/Yelena can take half the rainbow in all cases, and I don't run any of those with Patch (oBW is nice, but lack of health, board control and offensive abilities is a no-no).
    In Starfall, he had green, red, yellow and purple, leaving black and blue to Mags.
    Currently he takes green, red, yellow and purple, leaving blue to Mags and black to Hood. Which is as awesome as it gets this side of Galaxy and the only things I miss out on are strong purple damage and the Hood's crit multiplier.
    So, I get it that 3/5/5 is more boring than builds with 5 in green, but I want to win/survive even with bad boards, thanks.
    Edit: forgot to add that 5 in yellow is at least a fail-safe for when the enemy gets an ability ready. I never want Magneto to take the blow as Magneto can win on his own and Patch cannot; whereas Patch can heal back even after a near-mortal hit and Magneto cannot).

The problem with regen is that the less colors you have, the less reliably you can do your tanking. If you only have 3 colors then there's a good chance you don't even get to have Patch take a hit for someone more vulnerable. If your team is Patch/Magneto/The Hood with no level boosts then Patch gets red, green, purple, and environment so that's 4 out of 7 so maybe regen works. Now you get 5 out of 7 (get yellow over The Hood) when Patch is boosted, but if Magneto is boosted instead Patch would only have green (Magneto would be in center position and get environment as well). Now with one color TBTI is pretty useless too, but at least you can hold your red AP until someone dies and then try to knock out someone in one hit, whereas waiting for someone to die so you can regen is rather pointless. In this particular event I think most builds are fine, but in general it's too easy for Patch to be stuck with only 1 or 2 colors in PvP which is why I don't bother with regen on him.

Now regen on 5 is obviously very good for PvE, though I think Daken is probably better as a tank for PvE in general because he usually regens more than Patch, and crazy level PvE guys can often tough out Berserker Rage spams unlike the PvP enemies.