Apocalypse join, not.

Options
12345679»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So we'll know sometime on Wednesday via carrier pigeon. Got it.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It got to be Tuesday. The shark is going to spill the beans.

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Timemachinego said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    So what is happening?!??! Are we getting Apocalypse again or did everybody get paid?

It looks like many (all?) in my alliance family got their rewards, though I do still feel bad for low-level rosters that got jumped up straight to 8th round and couldn't do much of anything.

The low level rosters in my alliance got the personal progression rewards.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options

One guy in our alliance got stuck. He had previously been able to get full prog.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

@St_Bernadus said:
    One guy in our alliance got stuck. He had previously been able to get full prog.

Time to dump that dead weight

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    But if you're skipping, you don't have cache anyway.

In multiple pvps, such as season end when we're managing pvp and ssim.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

In general, pushing out changes to a live environment at the end of the week is not a good idea. If issues arise, as they typically do, nobody wants to be called in on the weekend to put out fires. That would explain the radio silence and lack of a Boss restart this past weekend.

As for re-running the Boss event, the devs didn't say it would happen but would provide more information on Monday. It appears that they wanted to reassess the situation after the current run ended and see if the alliance rewards were pushed out to players who didn't receive them. Thankfully it did, which has been the expected norm in past Boss events.

At this point, we're waiting to see what BCS will do next. Anything can happen, and here are 2 possibilities:

1) Re-run the Boss event, with the proper fixes, to give players another opportunity to earn the rewards
    2) Send out the alliance rewards to all players in lieu of running the Boss event again

Personally, I don't mind either option. If they were to re-run the Boss event, I'd prefer they do it today so that it doesn't interfere with the start of the next season. The easiest solution would be to send out the rewards to all with their standard mea culpa message, maybe throw in some extras to sweeten the impact, and call it a day! :)

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Wolvie171 said:

1) Re-run the Boss event, with the proper fixes, to give players another opportunity to earn the rewards
    2) Send out the alliance rewards to all players in lieu of running the Boss event again

They've already done #2. My alliance mates who joined after we finished round 8 all reported they got full rewards this morning.

KGB

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Options

Got my rewards last night. Was a welcome surprise. My Kang is now 3/2/2 with 1250 shards waiting for bad pull distribution when I pull for him after next season (already have HM and Wong at 13+).

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options

@KGB said:

They've already done #2. My alliance mates who joined after we finished round 8 all reported they got full rewards this morning.

Yes, as I mentioned earlier that is what normally happens at the end of a Boss event.

Option #2 is separate from this. Skip running the Boss event a second time. Just send out the rewards. To everyone.

• ArchusMonk
    Options

@Wolvie171 said:

@KGB said:

Yes, as I mentioned earlier that is what normally happens at the end of a Boss event.

Option #2 is separate from this. Skip running the Boss event a second time. Just send out the rewards. To everyone.

Why would they send out more rewards if everyone got the rewards they should have gotten (including those blocked from personal progression by small rosters)? These guys have been generous but I don’t see a need for that?

• killahKlown
    Options

@ArchusMonk said:

@Wolvie171 said:

@KGB said:

Why would they send out more rewards if everyone got the rewards they should have gotten (including those blocked from personal progression by small rosters)? These guys have been generous but I don’t see a need for that?

Not all CP was rewarded

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@killahKlown said:

@ArchusMonk said:

@Wolvie171 said:

@KGB said:

Not all CP was rewarded

What CP? Are you talking about a few CP you can earn beating the Boss in round X as part of your personal progression?

There's no need to go back and award that stuff and more importantly how would they even do it because what guarantee is there than you would have been playing a given round to earn it.

KGB

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,129 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@killahKlown said:

@ArchusMonk said:

@Wolvie171 said:

@KGB said:

Not all CP was rewarded

What CP? Are you talking about a few CP you can earn beating the Boss in round X as part of your personal progression?

There's no need to go back and award that stuff and more importantly how would they even do it because what guarantee is there than you would have been playing a given round to earn it.

KGB

There have been times recently (during the black screen bug) where rewards were given out that could have been earned during the PvE, such as the Howard cover and CP for the various CNs etc.

If I'm reading correctly those were not given here otherwise everyone who took part would have got them (I normally get about 20 per boss event and got about 6 this time).

• killahKlown
    Options

@KGB said:

@killahKlown said:

@ArchusMonk said:

@Wolvie171 said:

@KGB said:

Not all CP was rewarded

KGB

Yes... that CP. CP is the most important commodity im the game.

How would they know? Maybe the typical amount of time it normally takes to beat a round compared to the time you actually joined the event. It's not hard or dangerous to estimate something like that.

• ArchusMonk
    Options

I did think about all that missed CP (and other round awards), but I didn’t expect it to be granted. I’d be happy if they did push it out though!