Apocalypse join, not.

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Zarqa said:
    Actually, all Alliance events are meant to give tokens to just one Boss vault as of the last event. Not a bug, fully intended according to BCS.

And this was announced where?!?!?

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Zarqa said:
    Actually, all Alliance events are meant to give tokens to just one Boss vault as of the last event. Not a bug, fully intended according to BCS.

Discord, Fax, Telegram, TruthSocial, and you should have been overhead paged! 😎

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Zarqa said:

I think in a random thread somewhere on here.
    It was said that this makes things easier.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,129 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Zarqa said:

I think in a random thread somewhere on here.
    It was said that this makes things easier.

It was confirmed here:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88261/kangs-boss-fight-tokens#latest

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

I appreciate the sentiment, but sometimes things get actually posted right here on the forums. Shocking, I know :D

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I find it amazing I spent about 10 minutes on MPQ and then call it a day. :D

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So they are going to rerun the event but what is going to happen with the missing rewards? Are the people that didn’t get them going to get them? Because right now some people will get some rewards twice while other will only get it once

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,404 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You will get them if you do the event again.

• EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 78 Match Maker
    edited April 2023
    Options

Oh, oh, can I have the purple cover then?? Pretty please! Because I got full personal progression and the alliance cover so all I am missing is that ability. xDD

On a more serious note - I do get that people will be frustrated when you join an event and suddenly you can't get the rewards. That got me thinking - shouldn't Boss battles have a pre-join button?? Like normal PVE events. Because you have the event "starting in ....hours" and when it starts THEN you can enter. And in such cases when someone joins later - no rewards.

For example my alliance is suuuuper casual. Like I don't think we finish round 5 normally or we barely reach round 6. Not to mention that I am the only one in there who gets to the personal progression. xD Meaning I am 1st on the scoreboard. xD

Edit: forgot to mention that when the event started I think I was on night shift. Like, I entered but no one from my alliance had done any battle. They had entered but no battles. Closed the game and after a few hours when I had free time I was quite surprised to see all the rewards in when I opened the game again. xDD

• DAZ0273
    Options

I beat up Apocalypse some more even though I didn't need to.

I feel shame.

So this is what it is like to finish a Boss Event on a Friday.

It feels cold. So cold.

Hmm...is that still one wave node available? Just a minute, I have to go...uhm...check on my cat as it looks like he might be thinking about the Boss Even even though he doesn't need to coz that would be ridiculous. Ridiculous. Silly cat!

• Bowgentle
    Options

It's 500 ISO per side node.
    That's 50 skips in pvp!
    It all adds up.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 377 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Hey i hit those missions more times that i needed to as well for that sole purpose of getting that extra iso for the million skips i needed to use in PvP to get a matchup that isn’t Chasm/iHulk.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@bigjojo04 said:
    Hey i hit those missions more times that i needed to as well for that sole purpose of getting that extra iso for the million skips i needed to use in PvP to get a matchup that isn’t Chasm/iHulk.

Not about the boss event, so I apologize for being off topic, but just in case you didn’t know, I wanted to mention that after skipping 4 times (and once you start having to pay iso) you can force close the app, restart it, and then you get another 4 skips for free. If you are worried about iso, this can help with some savings.

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

Yeah but then we lose our cache.

• Bowgentle
    Options

But if you're skipping, you don't have cache anyway.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Got all my covers. So I'm happy with the overall resolution. But these kinda issues should not be occuring

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options

You beat me to the post!

• DAZ0273
    Options

So what is happening?!??! Are we getting Apocalypse again or did everybody get paid?

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    So what is happening?!??! Are we getting Apocalypse again or did everybody get paid?

It looks like many (all?) in my alliance family got their rewards, though I do still feel bad for low-level rosters that got jumped up straight to 8th round and couldn't do much of anything.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

Who knows, they took a time out from Friday,
    I guess they'll look at what happened when they reconvene at work today.