Apocalypse join, not.

Options

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    “Apologies for the recent issues in the X-Men vs Apocalypse Boss Event! We're watching how rewards pan out for players and will be re-running another version after this one so players can better obtain rewards they may have missed. More info coming on Monday!“

• MPQ Twitter

So there is is.

So now we're playing Communication Roulette! Place your bets on which method they'll use to communicate about the next problem!

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options

Someone from my alliance just seen this on twitter?? "Apologies for the recent issues in the X-Men vs. Apocalypse Boss Event! We're watching how rewards pan out for players and will be re-running another version after this one so players can better obtain rewards they may have missed. More info coming on Monday!"

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options

As someone who remembers these events not giving covers, but instead tokens to a special store where you had to HOPE you pulled the new 5, I'm not opposed to doing the grind again in the slightest. My side nodes didn't even scale past like Lv. 40-50 something, and reaching personal progression was a cakewalk.

However, I also remember when progressing through these events was NOT a cakewalk, and how I would have been screwed in later rounds had I not been in a good alliance. Putting lower level rosters through this again when they're probably already struggling at the moment just feels cruel. Having such low Alliance Targets this time around felt like a good tradeoff for that, but then folks didn't get them.....so that shouldn't be on the players to push through again.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 977 Critical Contributor
    Options

Am I to understand that if you join a Boss event when all rounds are completed, you don't get any allliance rewards? Never got to the last round before (and always join pretty early). Personal progression is never a problem IF my ally mates make sure they get the early rounds out of the way soon.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Better subscribe to that RSS feed just in case.

I don't know why they just didn't restart it right away when the problem was global and known immediately. It won't take much time to clear it out again, and at least it's an interesting boss event.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Dogface said:
    Am I to understand that if you join a Boss event when all rounds are completed, you don't get any allliance rewards? Never got to the last round before (and always join pretty early). Personal progression is never a problem IF my ally mates make sure they get the early rounds out of the way soon.

I think that’s one of the things they are waiting to see. They want to see if when the event is over the alliance rewards get pushed through. I guess if that happens then this solution makes sense. Because those who joined late would be getting the rewards they should have gotten and it solves issue #1.

Lower rosters who can’t complete the side nodes aren’t in that same boat. They’re essentially locked out altogether. So they’re not missing out on rewards they worked for. They are not allowed to work. Hence running it again. So, that way they have a chance to play.

Weirdly this is making sense unless I’m missing something. But it’s all predicated on the rewards being pushed through at the end, which no one, including the devs, know for sure. If the rewards aren’t pushed through then I’d say everyone gets a free Kang and then rerun the event. Or everyone gets two free Kangs and don’t rerun.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,195 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Daredevil217 said:
    “Apologies for the recent issues in the X-Men vs Apocalypse Boss Event! We're watching how rewards pan out for players and will be re-running another version after this one so players can better obtain rewards they may have missed. More info coming on Monday!“

• MPQ Twitter

So there is is.

So now we're playing Communication Roulette! Place your bets on which method they'll use to communicate about the next problem!

Myspace 🤣

• BeetleGeorge
    BeetleGeorge Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options

I don't think it makes sense to rerun the event on Monday. The players that have no problem beating round 8 Apo will have done so often enough now to finish personal progression. And the others will probably not be happy to try for another two days. So if they really plan to rerun it they should do it now and not in parallel to normal pve after a weekend of nothing to do.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

It's another way to bet indeed. On this modality devs couldn't be allowed to bet as they can possibly cheat.
    So I think my suggestion about betting if the event is broken is more inclusive.
    If devs bet against themselves, can you imagine the fun of that?

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,959 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Waddles_Pines said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Daredevil217 said:

• MPQ Twitter

So there is is.

Myspace 🤣

It's "MeSpace". Don't you ever read the dialog in Webbed Wonder :D

KGB

• bickle
    bickle Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options

I’m hoping for future updates through Friendster

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Glockoma said:
    So, what teams other than 4* Jean, 4* Cyclops, and IM40 (as well as some well placed 5* teamups) would you recommend to the very low 3* to 4* players? Our alliance mates are definitely running into the Apoc health problem. Thank you

There's also the old X-force Wolvie with 3* Mags and Loki team. Maybe Kamala could work as well, for purple. It's a relatively reliable infinite move team and it should work much faster now that Xforce is back to his old damage numbers. Just need him covered well on green and black.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Rogue / Vulture / Cloak&Dagger always worked great for me. Put a support on Rogue to make her green the strongest color if she isn't already. C&D make black for Vulture or switch them over to heal. 4 damage mitigation methods (C&D heal, C&D debuff Apoc with Cloak's black, Rogue tanks, Vulture flies), Vulture feeds the strongest color to defeat the AP restriction, C&D can remove SAP tiles, Vulture can remove both sap and countdown tiles. Rogue can even board destroy-remove them with red in a pinch.

Can also trade Rogue out for other tanky characters with a strongest color of either green or blue (so Vulture feeds you the AP easily). Vulture/C&D/third is very solid for Apoc.

• allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options

@ArchusMonk said:
    If that is indeed the solution, it is disrespectful to those who have done the whole event but did not get alliance rewards. My time is valuable. I put in the time during the broken event to get 2 covers, but I will receive only 1. If I get 2 covers for putting in the time to do the event twice, then I will still be short 1 cover. Just push me the cover I should have gotten in the first place and call it a day. If you can’t find a way to push covers only to people who did not get the alliance reward, then push a cover to everyone. I don’t care if that means some people will get extra. Good for them. I’ll be happy if I get the expected awards for the time I spent participating. Running a second fixed event does not do that for me (even though I will end up with more Kang covers as a result).

I feel like that's the ideal solution (pushing rewards to alliance members who joined "late"), but I very much doubt they can do that because Inifinity whatever has shown over and over they have a tenuous grasp on the code base at best.

They probably should just push the entirety of the alliance rewards out to everyone, but I guess that's ...too hard? I dunno. I feel like they're going to screw **** up further down the line because "the boss event pushed the schedule out of whack" or something else stupid.

• WeaponX092
    WeaponX092 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Glockoma said:
    So, what teams other than 4* Jean, 4* Cyclops, and IM40 (as well as some well placed 5* teamups) would you recommend to the very low 3* to 4* players? Our alliance mates are definitely running into the Apoc health problem. Thank you

Winfinite 4Thanos / BRB / Polaris worked great.

Match the protection tiles to generate blue and green, Polaris multiplies them and Thanos removes the attack tiles, shoot Beta's blue to generate more protection tiles, you will have enough green to trigger Thanos ' power, Polaris fills the board with tiles of protection, you will have 30 green AP every time you shoot the power of Thanos.

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2023
    Options

Absolutely ridiculous. Not looking forward having to go through this aggravating event again to get rewards I should already have.