Apocalypse join, not.

Options

Comments

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Options

@dianetics said:
    It will matter for lower tier players who cannot push into the 8th round.
    They won't be able to get their regular rewards.
    It is not about the tiny majority, but the larger player base who may have no idea whats going on.
    Everyone should have a fair shake at personal progression.

edit** supports and mmr have nothing to do with and is totally off topic. I'm on a wait and see stance for those things...though I don't have high hopes.

This is a great point and it drives home that for the VAST majority of the player base who might be much more casual (I was there for the first 8-10 months of play) they have NO idea what’s going on. I don’t know what the reader base is on here or over on the subreddit, but this is a lot bigger than just us vocal commenters.

Thanks for the perspective.

• Domsouth04
    Domsouth04 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options

My son joined our alliance so he’s happy with the Kang cover

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,720 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:
    It will matter for lower tier players who cannot push into the 8th round.
    They won't be able to get their regular rewards.

That's a fair point but then by trade off they get an alliance one for zero work.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,959 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My casual alliance finished round 8 with only 6 players joined. So all 8 rounds will be finished long before your whole alliance joins (unless they all join at the same time).

I don't think they can restart the event unless the restart gives out 0 alliance rewards and they just give out full alliance rewards to everyone so that every alliance gets full alliance rewards so that everyone is treated fairly. The question is can they restart and give out 0 alliance rewards and give everyone who didn't yet get full alliance rewards the full rewards.

That doesn't fix personal progression issues surrounding a restart so not sure what they could do there unless that also didn't give out double rewards since many top alliances have likely all gotten personal progression too.

KGB

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They can do what they did on previous PvE's and just reset the event and let all players keep the rewards they got. Simple...easy...not difficult.
    Some players get bonus rewards, many players miss out.
    I missed out, and I don't care. All players should have the chance to progress the event and get their personal progression rewards.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    They reset this and give out more Kang, the people who didn't get the one for joining late will riot.

Don't join late?

I remember back when the first Civil War was running how everyone figured out how to make it on to make sure we could clear as fully on both sides as possible. That was truly the most fun I've ever had in a boss event.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Why would anyone miss out? Join now, and if your alliance already finished, you'll get every alliance reward at the next reset. I'm pretty sure that's always how this has worked...

• gamecat235
    edited March 2023
    Options

@revskip said:

Don't join late?

I remember back when the first Civil War was running how everyone figured out how to make it on to make sure we could clear as fully on both sides as possible. That was truly the most fun I've ever had in a boss event.

I joined 16 minutes after the event started because I had a work meeting. Is your argument really that I should have ignored work to join a game?

EDIT: and my alliance had already finished all 8 rounds. So I have no alliance rewards.

@entrailbucket said:
    Why would anyone miss out? Join now, and if your alliance already finished, you'll get every alliance reward at the next reset. I'm pretty sure that's always how this has worked...

No one has confirmed that this will actually happen. Until a dev confirms this, it’s just a rumor.

• revskip
    Options

@gamecat235 said:

@revskip said:

Don't join late?

I joined 16 minutes after the event started because I had a work meeting. Is your argument really that I should have ignored work to join a game?

EDIT: and my alliance had already finished all 8 rounds. So I have no alliance rewards.

@entrailbucket said:

No one has confirmed that this will actually happen. Until a dev confirms this, it’s just a rumor.

I mean if the reward is so valuable to you that it causes you distress to not have it perhaps. Or you could you know remember that it is just a matching gem game and that missing out on any reward is relatively meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Rioting because they made another snafu on a boss event when that has become the norm seems pretty counter-productive to mental health.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah we'll have to wait and see. I didn't get any round reward covers either because by the time I joined the early joiners had already easily pushed it to the end.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 271 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@DeNappa said:
    Yeah we'll have to wait and see. I didn't get any round reward covers either because by the time I joined the early joiners had already easily pushed it to the end.

Same. Kind of annoying.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options

Haha wow.. 180k for max alliance rewards ain't it normally 18 mil? Looks like someone missed a few zeros... I never moan but I have to say this is getting a bit silly now

• gamecat235
    Options

It’s all meaningless. It is just a game. But yet we’re still here talking about it.

At the end of the day all most of want is an equitable solution which makes the least number of people feel like they’ve lost.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

With this now past 5 hours for the first sub and no solid announcements I am starting to think this is not getting reset. I guess maybe they might be looking at seeing if the everybody profits at the next stage happens? I would be OK with that and we just plow on but I guess we wait and see. Well I won't see until tomorrow now. There isn't a dull day with BCS for sure!

• revskip
    Options

@gamecat235 said:
    It’s all meaningless. It is just a game. But yet we’re still here talking about it.

At the end of the day all most of want is an equitable solution which makes the least number of people feel like they’ve lost.

No doubt, although reasonable minds will have very different ideas of what equitable means. I remember when we had the event snafu where some people were able to grind out an entire PvE in slice 1 because the devs screwed up the opening nodes and made the whole event available day 1. Some players wanted to roll back the rewards of anyone who participated, some wanted to leave things alone and others advocated for some blend of the two. I missed out on those rewards since I never play slice 1 but didn't begrudge those who got to double dip. Sometimes you win some extra stuff and sometimes you don't.

I'll be okay with whatever is decided for this snafu. If those who finished early get extra rewards it isn't that big of a deal. If not also not a big deal. Rioting because of either is pants on head silly.

• gamecat235
    Options

@revskip 100%. And I think the real measure will be whether alliance rewards are attainable for those who haven’t yet received them, but should have. (Though I see boss events as a way to farm some extra CP in slow motion, and an easy way to gain some iso and refill my boosts, those are all minor).

The bigger parts are folks with new rosters are already struggling. Round 8 bosses and a fledgling 3* roster don’t always play nicely. Those folks may never come close to max progression whereas normally they can keep up until somewhere in the 400,000-700,000 range. I’ll get personal progression by the start of day 2 with the current event assuming no reset.

It’s a lot of factors at play. And I’m sure that’s why we haven’t seen any official response yet. But I wouldn’t be shocked by a reset of the event. The bigger question is when?

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@gamecat235 said:

@revskip said:

Don't join late?

@entrailbucket said:

Annddddd no rewards for my alliance mates that missed out. That sucks.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@gamecat235 said:
    @revskip 100%. And I think the real measure will be whether alliance rewards are attainable for those who haven’t yet received them, but should have. (Though I see boss events as a way to farm some extra CP in slow motion, and an easy way to gain some iso and refill my boosts, those are all minor).

The bigger parts are folks with new rosters are already struggling. Round 8 bosses and a fledgling 3* roster don’t always play nicely. Those folks may never come close to max progression whereas normally they can keep up until somewhere in the 400,000-700,000 range. I’ll get personal progression by the start of day 2 with the current event assuming no reset.

It’s a lot of factors at play. And I’m sure that’s why we haven’t seen any official response yet. But I wouldn’t be shocked by a reset of the event. The bigger question is when?

You don't even have to kill the boss to get points. Put a decent amount of damage on him before your turn ends and then retreat. You'll keep the points and it'll go towards personal progression. If anything it's much easier to do it early on while the side nodes are super easy.

• AdeptusRevolt
    AdeptusRevolt Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options

From Facebook: 📢We're currently aware of the X-Men vs. Apocalypse issues in the recent boss event. While we continue to investigate the exact cause and rewards resolution, we ask that you participate in the event like normal. Please stay tuned and thank you for your patience!