Apocalypse join, not.

Options

Comments

• bickle
    bickle Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options

Just give alliance progression rewards to those that missed them and keep the event up so that everyone can work on personal progression

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Reset has happened, no sign of the alliance rewards.

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options

@AdeptusRevolt said:
    From Facebook: 📢We're currently aware of the X-Men vs. Apocalypse issues in the recent boss event. While we continue to investigate the exact cause and rewards resolution, we ask that you participate in the event like normal. Please stay tuned and thank you for your patience!

Thanks! Is it normal for them to communicate through Facebook first?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

@BoyWonder1914 said:

@AdeptusRevolt said:
    From Facebook: 📢We're currently aware of the X-Men vs. Apocalypse issues in the recent boss event. While we continue to investigate the exact cause and rewards resolution, we ask that you participate in the event like normal. Please stay tuned and thank you for your patience!

Thanks! Is it normal for them to communicate through Facebook first?

No, I think they normally post on the unofficial Reddit first.

(Seriously. The offical forum is always the last to know.)

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:

@gamecat235 said:

@revskip said:

Don't join late?

I remember back when the first Civil War was running how everyone figured out how to make it on to make sure we could clear as fully on both sides as possible. That was truly the most fun I've ever had in a boss event.

I joined 16 minutes after the event started because I had a work meeting. Is your argument really that I should have ignored work to join a game?

EDIT: and my alliance had already finished all 8 rounds. So I have no alliance rewards.

@entrailbucket said:
    Why would anyone miss out? Join now, and if your alliance already finished, you'll get every alliance reward at the next reset. I'm pretty sure that's always how this has worked...

No one has confirmed that this will actually happen. Until a dev confirms this, it’s just a rumor.

Annddddd no rewards for my alliance mates that missed out. That sucks.

Do they get all the previous round rewards if they complete a boss fight? I really thought there was a way to do this before, but maybe I was wrong.

Or maybe there was a way to do it before and they've broken it!

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Demiurge used to have a hamster(?) running the show. I wonder what animal BCS brought in? It got to be much bigger than a hamster because the impact it causes is big. Guinea Pig? Beaver? Capybara?

• bickle
    bickle Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Do they get all the previous round rewards if they complete a boss fight?

Nope, outta luck

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's the Age of Apocalypse indeed. Maybe this is one of Moira Mactaggert's ten lives.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:

I hope someone let them know on their LiveJournal or wherever they are posting now.

Hahaha, livejournal. Man I’m old…

• HoundofShadow
    Options

BCS is typically good at compensations.

I want to say both my accounts have hit round 8 and have gotten the alliance Kang cover. This is probably the first and last time I finish a boss event with casual alliance in under 24 hours. :D

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    Problem is, I have folks in my alliance family who can’t “participate in the event like normal” and are essentially locked out due to difficulty.

This is a real issue since Apoc heals up every round, underleveled rosters will not be able to progress the event at anywhere near a normal pace. They will only get points for side nodes, but I'm sure many will just quit becuase they constantly wipe to Apoc.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 573 Critical Contributor
    Options

@dianetics said:

@Daredevil217 said:
    Problem is, I have folks in my alliance family who can’t “participate in the event like normal” and are essentially locked out due to difficulty.

This is a real issue since Apoc heals up every round, underleveled rosters will not be able to progress the event at anywhere near a normal pace. They will only get points for side nodes, but I'm sure many will just quit becuase they constantly wipe to Apoc.

That's true, but one of the best apoc teams is teenjean/4clops/im40. They're pretty low level characters so anyone who's in 4star land could be fine.

Maybe morbius, valkyrie, Nico also?

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2023
    Options

It's in the name... Broken. I joined late, now I can't get the Kang cover; personal or alliance reward.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Has everyone forgotten retreating after damaging boss still earn you point? Give them some 5* teamup to deal heavy damage and retreat if they can't down them.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It suddenly occurred to me that we could organize some kind of betting event.
    We could bet if an incoming event will be bugged or not.
    And BCS could be allowed to bet in here since they actually can't know if effectively the event will be broken.
    It could be fun.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bad said:
    It suddenly occurred to me that we could organize some kind of betting event.
    We could bet if an incoming event will be bugged or not.
    And BCS could be allowed to bet in here since they actually can't know if effectively the event will be broken.
    It could be fun.

Nobody would bet on it running smoothly.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Nobody would bet on it running smoothly.

Depends on the odds. I sometimes like a longshot.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Of all the options I was expecting to wake up to, abandoned as broken wasn't top of the list! So we're just writing this one off, eh?

The Forum seems calm. Too calm.

I had better gets me some popcorn Imma thinking.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think most of the forum is like "got mine, don't care".
    Me I'm waiting to see if we get to double dip, if not, I'll live.
    Now if I had joined late, it'd be pitchfork time!