New Supports Experience Blog

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is what happen when you want them to bypass official approval process. The moderator tried to help, and at the time of his posting, those information was still under approval. Unfortunately, the dev team has been portrayed as a bunch of liars now.

And you can see AI teamup. It's written in the blog.

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options

Nice. While I'm sure there will be wrinkles to iron out, new devs have my trust right now. This game is way better than it was a year ago.

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023
    Options

And some players keep making stuff up like, "the dev is lying" when they are the one who can't interpret information and context correctly.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well, I will be looking for an alliance with zero PVP requirements. It is already a grind and have no desire to actually get involved much with PVP if supports are allowed.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    And some players keep making stuff up like, "the dev is lying" when they are the one who can't interpret information and context correctly.

No they lied or at the very least was disingenuous. They cannot be trusted.

Broken Boss events.
    Broken New releases.
    Broken PVE events
    Broke the in game economy.

May as well break PVP and call it a clean sweep.

Stop releasing broken stuff and fix the poor releases.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bzhai said:
    Guys can we not go down this rabbit hole again? Just put on your ignore goggles and let's focus on the main issue. If you feel strongly against the change in pvp it would be more beneficial to give the devs as much feedback and sentiment as possible.

Personally I will wait for more information, preferably not second hand reported here as to how this all plays out. As I already said there is also a MMR change in the works, who knows how that all adds up and what it means.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Man, this is definitely going to have some knock on effects. I'm very curious how this is going to play out

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I think it's an issue that literally a few days ago, someone from the publisher told us they have no plans to do this, then today we find out the developers are planning/have been planning to do this (do note that these are two different companies, although they work together closely).

I don't see the issue. They said there would be no supports in PvP unless there is a change to the UI. If this was taken to be no supports in PvP, I don't see how. There is a condition to their statement.

As far as we should know the blog info before the end of Kamar taj support offer, I agree it would have impacted my decision to purchase.

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023
    Options

Scofie is not a developer. He's a moderator of this forum. And I think another moderator has mentioned before what their roles are, and aren't.

If you want to fully trust information from non-officially approved sources, and then become unhappy when officially approved information differs from unofficial ones, then it's on you, not the dev.

Supports are not even activated in pvps yet, and there are already resistant to changes. Go get this book called "Who Moved My Cheese?", read it and learn to adapt.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Scofie is not a developer. He's a moderator of this forum. And I think another moderator has mentioned before what their roles are, and aren't.

If you want to fully trust information from non-officially approved sources, and then become unhappy when officially approved information differs from unofficial ones, then it's on you, not the dev.

Supports are not even activated in pvps yet, and there are already resistant to changes. Go get this book called "Who Moved My Cheese?", read it and learn to adapt.

Scofie would have had nothing to quote if the Devs had stayed quiet. Or even better, before you released a brand new Support with ramifications for PvP you provide advance information to inform players on purchase choices. This is not on Scofie, it is on the person who issued the non officially approved information on the non officially approved media platform. Simples.

BTW - in most other industries, information provided through a non official channel is normally described as "a leak".

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Let me state some facts, as far as some players being unhappy with the information about supports being activated in pvp is concerned:

BCS posted and said to wait for approval for more information about future of Support.

Thanks for this thread. We have an official post that is currently wrapping up approvals that help to clarify some points and give some further insight on the future of Supports. Should answer a few questions and spawn some discussion.

S0kun wrote:

Our next blog is going to be a good one folks. Apologies for not having it ready this week, but some of your questions will be answered next week if things go as planned. Fingers crossed.

Scofie posted something from Discord, and some of you ate it up like it has been approved or it's some kind of immutable truth. As a matter of fact, at the time of posting, announcement was still undergoing Marvel approval.

After this official blog is out, some of you were unhappy supports will be activated in pvps, and decided to bring up Scofie's replies last week.