What's New MPQ: January 2023 (Updated 1/18/23)

123457»

Comments

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker

@entrailbucket said:
    For whatever reason, they're not just doing straight-up number buffs. All the characters so far have had minor changes to power cost, effects, or both, as well. That takes a bit more time.

Now...why are they doing those power changes? Dunno. A lot of these guys would be just fine if all they did was apply a whatever% boost to every number, and that does seem easier.

It's a difference in approach I guess. Personally, I'd just do a blanket numbers buff to all characters pre-whoever (pick when you think 5* hp/dam inflation happened, I guess) and then fine tune from there. A lot of characters would probably be fine after that and an ap or 2 less per ability.

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 723 Critical Contributor

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    We all making a pact to play Wa5p exclusively to skew those usage stats?

Already on it.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,386 Chairperson of the Boards

@Mr_F said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Already on it.

me too! Wasp, Yelena, BRB on all clears the Challenge Node

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards

Does anybody else find it weird that we want rebalances for bad/mediocre characters, but they haven't announced officially the last few updates. If one of their metrics is Joe often a character is used, it'd make sense to let us know so they could see if it changes usage patterns.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

@Timemachinego said:

@entrailbucket said:
    For whatever reason, they're not just doing straight-up number buffs. All the characters so far have had minor changes to power cost, effects, or both, as well. That takes a bit more time.

Now...why are they doing those power changes? Dunno. A lot of these guys would be just fine if all they did was apply a whatever% boost to every number, and that does seem easier.

It's a difference in approach I guess. Personally, I'd just do a blanket numbers buff to all characters pre-whoever (pick when you think 5* hp/dam inflation happened, I guess) and then fine tune from there. A lot of characters would probably be fine after that and an ap or 2 less per ability.

I suspect the reason is that if they buffed health, match damage then later when they went and adjusted powers (costs, damage) that they'd be able to do less changes because now the health/match damage may make that character too good and we all know the howling about nerfs that would happen if they later reduced match/health damage as part of an overall update to the characters (damage, cost etc). So in their mind it's probably better to do nothing till they are ready for the full overall remake.

KGB

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 907 Critical Contributor

@HoundofShadow said:
    The dev said they can do 1-3 per month. I doubt anyone in the dev team is going to dedicate 24 hours or 16 hours of their life into rebalancing MPQ characters.

Gotta be somewhere in the job description I imagine. Good info from reddit though, thanks for sharing here.

Put me down for support revamp over character rebalances. Solid enough foundation to start but needs a lot of work. Tons of possibilities too.

@entrailbucket said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Mine is lvl522, I'd destroy everyone

I just got my missing power for wa5p bringing here to a ferocious 2/1/1. I'm in(for a few matches).

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

I Called the Swarm with my 4/2/3 Wasp! I mean...I lost the fight but I called dat Swarm!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards

“Hello? Yes who’s this?”

“THE SWARM! I’m calling to tell you about your cars extended warranty…”

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    “Hello? Yes who’s this?”

“THE SWARM! I’m calling to tell you about your cars extended warranty…”

"What's that? Why yes we do have a special offer today! It's bees! They really are so usef...hello? Hello?!?!?"

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards

Somebody was running a Chasm/Onslaught team in the Thor PVP for some reason, and I successfully beat them with Abigail/Wa5p, but I was unable to call any swarms even though I did deploy a decent number of bees. I intend to get this achievement unlocked before this boost ends…

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,592 Chairperson of the Boards

The update on the app store says the boys event is going to be Thanos.
    Is this correct, or is it going to be Galactus?