What's New MPQ: January 2023 (Updated 1/18/23)

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,091 Chairperson of the Boards

@EddieCL said:
    Latest update reads:

"1/12 - 1/16 Infinite Pursuit NEW
    Placement Rewards: Hit-Monkey (EDI), Doop, She-Hulk (Modern), Wolverine (Astonishing)
    Progression Rewards: Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Reptil, Wolverine (Patch), Ares

1/15 - 1/19 Strange Sights NEW
    Placement Rewards: Arcade, Wiccan, Mystique, Moonstone
    Progression Rewards: Wong, Doop, She-Hulk (Modern), Wolverine (Astonishing)"

Typically, Infinite Pursuit should have Wong in placement rewards, instead of Hit-Monkey. Is this intentional, @IceIX ?

Isn't Strange Sights the official release event though?

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

We finally are getting through chasm's boost week and it's immediately followed by his pal Ihulk being boosted. Thanks devs. Let the slog continue!

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Wouldn’t Places of Power have been a fun alternate strange friendly event to run besides double strange sights?

Damn, I don't even remember what the game play in Places of Power, and it's companion event, the Sinister 600, was like.

It was fun, I remember that, but I can't remember the details.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

The only thing memorable is that alliance that coordinate well gets 2 LTs per day.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

@BriMan2222 said:
    We finally are getting through chasm's boost week and it's immediately followed by his pal Ihulk being boosted. Thanks devs. Let the slog continue!

Yeah but Silver Surfer is finally boosted, first time since the buff! I think he's got 475,000 HP and his red is 100k+ for 7ap.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,230 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@BriMan2222 said:

Yeah but Silver Surfer is finally boosted, first time since the buff! I think he's got 475,000 HP and his red is 100k+ for 7ap.

I just got him champed recently. I haven't had a chance to use him boosted yet, I'll have to give it a go.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

I don't think a baby champed Surfer will be usable, but we'll see.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 508 Critical Contributor

You don't have a maxed silver surfer 🤔🤣

• DAZ0273

@HoundofShadow said:
    The only thing memorable is that alliance that coordinate well gets 2 LTs per day.

Yes and only well rounded out Alliances could achieve that. So it was a very mixed bag. Sinister 600 I remember being even harder to complete - I think it needed 14 players with the rosters required to achieve it and get the best rewards and you couldn't split 50/50 as it wouldn't be enough to complete either side of the rewards. My Alliance didn't have that then (and probably might not now but who knows, it would depend on required characters etc)

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah I didn’t care for those co-op alliance events because I don’t have a ruthlessly efficient alliance, but I figured it was at least something a little different.

• DAZ0273

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Yeah I didn’t care for those co-op alliance events because I don’t have a ruthlessly efficient alliance, but I figured it was at least something a little different.

We are crying out for new PVE. It is 2020 since we got a new one (I think?). They say it is in the works so I guess we just have to be patient.

A Supernatural/Multiversal Boss Rush would be fun with (I guess) Wanda as final boss. I kind'a want to try Boss Rush as a 5* player providing it is tweaked a little bit (such as Bosses not saving up AP over multiple rounds so Gargantos arrives with 30 blue AP and one shots you before you can do anything).

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

We are crying out for new PVE. It is 2020 since we got a new one (I think?). They say it is in the works so I guess we just have to be patient.

A Supernatural/Multiversal Boss Rush would be fun with (I guess) Wanda as final boss. I kind'a want to try Boss Rush as a 5* player providing it is tweaked a little bit (such as Bosses not saving up AP over multiple rounds so Gargantos arrives with 30 blue AP and one shots you before you can do anything).

Since you can always end a round on a power yourself, and carry your AP over, Boss Rush would do nothing, without a complete overhaul.

I wish they'd just run simulator again, or one of the Heroics, or a 7 day event.
    ANYTHING other than Meet Rocket And Groot pt 456.

But hey at least Deadpool vs MPQ joined simulator in retirement, I guess they're building new nodes for those PVEs with the 300 characters which were released since Deadpool ran for the first time.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

@Pantera236 said:

How could anyone NOT have a maxed Silver Surfer? He's the oldest 5* and he's been in tokens since like 2015. I've been pulling his covers for 8 years!

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Pantera236 said:

How could anyone NOT have a maxed Silver Surfer? He's the oldest 5* and he's been in tokens since like 2015. I've been pulling his covers for 8 years!

Is it sad that I was playing when he was first released and I think I barely have him fully covered now after the most recent Shardmas?

At the time of his release I was a 3* player and had no LT's to open while he was in latest. By the time I started seriously pulling LT's it was easily more than a year after his release. By then he had disappeared into classics and was rarely in stores for new characters plus was acknowledged to be essentially useless by that point (Gambit had been released) so you'd never pull in release/special stores for just him anyway.

IIRC, I pulled him when I was a 2* player with a few 3* characters and had no idea why the game got so much harder. When I rostered a second 5* character (Phoenix), the game became impossible. Someone explained the sliding difficulty to me, and I sold those two.

• mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler

Just champed Surfer after his buff, he's my only champ on the list but I'm thinking he should do well.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 508 Critical Contributor

@entrailbucket said:

@Pantera236 said:

There's a guy in my alliance family that has a dupe SS that's bigger than mine 🫠

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker

Yea I got one cover for Surfer and it’s the one i bought with the Worthy costume lol. Only been around for a year and a few months though

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

**Mod note. I deleted some comments as off topic. Please stick to the discussion.

• furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler

So strange sights is a 4 day event this time. I'm guessing that's not a mistake. Will be there a new 4th section?