What's New MPQ: January 2023 (Updated 1/18/23)

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@furbear00000 said:
    So strange sights is a 4 day event this time. I'm guessing that's not a mistake. Will be there a new 4th section?

Starts tomorrow, ends Wednesday.
    Looks like normal 3 days to me.

• furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2023

@Bowgentle said:

@furbear00000 said:
    So strange sights is a 4 day event this time. I'm guessing that's not a mistake. Will be there a new 4th section?

Starts tomorrow, ends Wednesday.
    Looks like normal 3 days to me.

Umm... Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. How many days is that?

Even the schedule on page 1 shows 4 days.

• Bowgentle
    edited January 2023

S2 starts Sunday at 6, first sub ends Monday, second sub ends Tuesday,third sub ends Wednesday.
    That's 3 days.
    Schedule always goes from start of S1 to end of S5.

By your logic Infinite Pursuit would be a 4 day event, too.

• furbear00000

Isn't it usually? So we will have no event Wednesday?

• Bowgentle
    edited January 2023

I hope there's no gap in pve, since they spent 3 weeks now to get things back on track.
    But that graphic would suggest a break, sooooo.
    Who knows.
    Same for Hearts of darkness into Webbed wonder.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor

Wong is the placement in IP and progression in Strange Sights. Hit Monkey is the 5E.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

Strange Sights is a 3 day event like it always is.

This should be confusing no one.

• furbear00000

A 3 day PvE starting on a Sunday is definitely out of the ordinary.

• Bowgentle

Can we get an update please, @IceIX ?
    Possibly with an explanation why there are days without PVE coming up again - I thought the break you took was to take care of all that and that it would be regular schedule from here on out.

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler

There looks like a one day break because they ran two 3 day events in a row.

• Bowgentle

Yes but what's the reason for that?
    I get they wanted to run SS for Wong, but there should have been a way to just run a 4 day before that.

• toecutter3095
    toecutter3095 Posts: 55 Match Maker

While we're talking about breaks in play, can we also get confirmation that there will be another break later in the month between Hearts of Darkness and Webbed Wonder and then again between the end of Webbed Wonder and the boss event?

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 201 Tile Toppler

Webbed Wonder appears on the calendar as a 2-day event. That can't be right, as this event comes only in a 3- or 4-day version. If it's the 3-day run, Webbed Wonder should end on Thursday when the Boss event starts.

Similarly, if Hearts of Darkness is the 4-day version, this would avoid another break in the schedule.

• Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor

4-Star Clue: Flying Samurai

the first-ever DC Puzzle Quest crossover, confirmed!!! ^_^

• TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2023

So... "Flying Samurai"

That happens to be a reference to an electric guitar which is often called and axe.

My guess is the next character will be someone from the AXE: Judgment Day series.

My bet is Starbrand as she's unique in that series and the Eternals generally qualify as 5-star characters while the next character is a 4-star.

I don't want it to be Starfox (Eros) as he seems rather disgusting.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

Obviously not Madisynn since she would be a 5*

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2023

4* clue, is it Sunfire?

Not many Japanese characters that can fly.

@TriSentinel said:
    So... "Flying Samurai"

That happens to be a reference to an electric guitar which is often called and axe.

My guess is the next character will be someone from the AXE: Judgment Day series.

My bet is Starbrand as she's unique in that series and the Eternals generally qualify as 5-star characters while the next character is a 4-star.

I don't want it to be Starfox (Eros) as he seems rather disgusting.

Unless it is a character that TriSentinel suggested. AxE story is so big and that clue is so abstract that it can be anyone in AxE and there are so many.

Your clue writers really need to write better clues if it is someone from AxE.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

I saw 4* Juggs as the placement reward in Namora's PvP. I got scared there would be. Juggs PvP but it's 3* Thor. I don't want to experience that lol

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 201 Tile Toppler

@Punisher5784 said:
    I saw 4* Juggs as the placement reward in Namora's PvP. I got scared there would be. Juggs PvP but it's 3* Thor. I don't want to experience that lol

Juggs picks up after Jubilee in the 4* alphabetical order for PVP placement rewards. The normal rewards were interrupted while they get through their slate of character creations. Namora is the last of them, and Colleen Wing's PVP should reward Karnak when the alphabetical ordering resumes