What's New MPQ: January 2023 (Updated 1/18/23)

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,592 Chairperson of the Boards

Cool to see maybe Galactus coming back which would be cool.
    Seems like we are getting less and less PvE events though. It would be nice to get some of the older PvE's reworked and brought back.
    That buff list though, basically all the new devs releases here to dump on the rest of the roster :D

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

Two Wongs in the game! Great way to provide twitter armor for the week. I hope his support can be attached to himself.

• Kaidrin1979
    Kaidrin1979 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In

Nice to see, that there is no PvE and Boss-Event together.
    Is it posible to see:
    Prodigal Sun
    Enemy of the State and
    The Hulk again?
    Long time not seen!

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

@UNC_Samurai said:

@entrailbucket said:
    If one of his powers doesn't involve Madisynn we riot

She's in MPQ, but it's not where you think

That's kind of awesome

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker

@Sekilicious said:
    Two Wongs in the game! Great way to provide twitter armor for the week. I hope his support can be attached to himself.

I hope they do a new Beyonce-Playlist support for him

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker

If it really is Wong then they definitely need to make a Madisynn support to go along with him.

• Killa_Bees
    Killa_Bees Posts: 14 Just Dropped In

@Xception81 said:
    @IceIX - any possibility of both Ironheart and HitMonkey coming into Latest Legends at the start of the new season on the 12th? If not, we’re now looking at 46 days between the end of a new 5s special store and them getting into Latest… while a different new 5 is released in the meantime.

Allowing both of them to come in together will mean Emma leaves faster than others, but that’s not a bad thing if we get back on a normal schedule.

If there are going to be 2 characters rotating into Latest Legends, I would **really **hope that we'd get some sort of announcement ahead of time. I've got tokens saved up, but since I have 5* She-Hulk already championed, I'm waiting for Riri to enter and She-Hulk to exit before spending them. If Emma Frost makes an early exit, I'll miss out on my opportunity to get her championed before she leaves.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

@Killa_Bees said:

@Xception81 said:
    @IceIX - any possibility of both Ironheart and HitMonkey coming into Latest Legends at the start of the new season on the 12th? If not, we’re now looking at 46 days between the end of a new 5s special store and them getting into Latest… while a different new 5 is released in the meantime.

Allowing both of them to come in together will mean Emma leaves faster than others, but that’s not a bad thing if we get back on a normal schedule.

If there are going to be 2 characters rotating into Latest Legends, I would **really **hope that we'd get some sort of announcement ahead of time. I've got tokens saved up, but since I have 5* She-Hulk already championed, I'm waiting for Riri to enter and She-Hulk to exit before spending them. If Emma Frost makes an early exit, I'll miss out on my opportunity to get her championed before she leaves.

Her introduction token store for 25cp will be available with Cyclops and Colossus when she rotates out. This is to compensate for the shorter period she was available.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards

Oh they are definitely rotating out simultaneously?

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Oh they are definitely rotating out simultaneously?

Yes. See IceIX's comment about half way down on page 1.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87956/ongoing-pve-break-till-1-5-and-compensation/p1

KGB

• ThaRoadWarrior

Oh wow, ok. I stopped tracking that thread after the initial post

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker

Technically the Red Hulk defeated both the Hulk and Thor on his first appearance. Wouldn't be surprised if he still claimed he is technically the best of three.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 123 Tile Toppler

Wong as a support has saved the day many time for me. I can't wait to see what Wong as a character does. If it is him.

• ThaRoadWarrior

The Apple Store clue for the most recent update says “Flying Samurai;” wonder what that’s about?

• Cataliban
    Cataliban Posts: 50 Match Maker

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    The Apple Store clue for the most recent update says “Flying Samurai;” wonder what that’s about?

Same clue in Android store.

Maybe Shiro Yoshida "Sunfire" ?

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards

Saw that clue too. I hope if it's Sunfire, Silver samurai, etc, that it's not tied into the Chinese/Lunar New Year stores. Afaik, Japan doesn't celebrate the holiday, so although it's better than having Tony Stark or Okoye represent the holiday, it's not exactly right either...

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

Samurai is typically land-based. So, a flying samurai suggests someone who can fly or someone who uses floating device to slash opponents with sword. Alternatively, Samurai is linked to Japan. So, it could also suggest a character that represents things related to Japan and he flies.

Google gives Sunfire or Silver Samurai. Looking at their bio, Sunfire seems to fit the clue better. The question is, how are they linked to Abomination because he's feeding the next 5*? Google shows zero link.

Another possibility is that the dev has already revealed the next 5* in google playstore and this hint is for the next 4*. And I think Silver Samurai was part of last year survey.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Omega Red, obviously.