What's New MPQ: January 2023 (Updated 1/18/23)

Comments

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 806 Critical Contributor

@entrailbucket said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    The Apple Store clue for the most recent update says “Flying Samurai;” wonder what that’s about?

Omega Red, obviously.

Don't. Don't give me hope.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards

The “flying samurai” is a guitar model from Yamaha. I’ve been seeing a lot of Spider-Punk media around the web lately, so I guess that’s a tenuous possibility. He doesn’t appear to be drawn playing one of those though, looks more like a basic Fender Strat to me usually.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

Omega Red can play 8 guitars at once. Confirmed!

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker

The increased pvp placement rewards are just temporary? (Per the calendar)

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker

@hygge_hound said:
    The increased pvp placement rewards are just temporary? (Per the calendar)

Yes, and Ice confirmed that was always the plan, on Discord I believe.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,091 Chairperson of the Boards

Omega Red is "complicated" the Devs said: read nobody wants to touch anything Russian right now. So maybe the forum can come up with a better joke clue character? Like Longshot is a longshot but...

• ThaRoadWarrior

I definitely want to flesh out the Mojoverse a bit more. I may go for Longshot. mojo, mojo II, Shatterstar…

• entrailbucket

We can't possibly come up with a better joke character than Big Wheel, that ruined every other joke forever

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards

Bob, Agent of Hydra. That's my current go-to joke character suggestion.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

Bob is no joke

• DAZ0273

@entrailbucket said:
    We can't possibly come up with a better joke character than Big Wheel, that ruined every other joke forever

The Hypno Hustler says: "Hold my beer"

• ThaRoadWarrior

Might be fun to do some of those 90s characters they were trying so hard to get over like Darkhawk, Sleepwalker, and Slapstick as well

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    Omega Red is "complicated" the Devs said: read nobody wants to touch anything Russian right now. So maybe the forum can come up with a better joke clue character? Like Longshot is a longshot but...

I don't know about that. Omega Red featured pretty heavily in X-men comics all last year and is currently a member of X-Force. Additionally, he is also in a few other Marvel mobile games, including Marvel Snap.

• DAZ0273

@fight4thedream said:

@DAZ0273 said:

I don't know about that. Omega Red featured pretty heavily in X-men comics all last year and is currently a member of X-Force. Additionally, he is also in a few other Marvel mobile games, including Marvel Snap.

I can only quote what IceIX said. Omega Red is complicated. He never said why so the rest is my assumption.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2023

Maybe they are going to put him up against the largely post-russian team of MCU Thunderbolts (winter soldier, red guardian, yelena, taskmaster, and ghost) and save him for that? Or bring him back in Deadpool 3 since he was mostly cut from DP2?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOBGZZNSM2Y

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2023

The new update says ‘Defend the realm with Wong in some fun, mystical events’ so it would seem that he is in fact the next 5 and that clue about the Flying Samurai would apply to the next 4.

Not to mention them running Strange Sights again next week and not changing it because of “reasons” they said which would make sense with him being the next release.

• entrailbucket

Maybe they'll give us a Dr. Strange buff with that? Last week was the first one in awhile with no random, massive, unannounced 5* buffs.

• ThaRoadWarrior

Wouldn’t Places of Power have been a fun alternate strange friendly event to run besides double strange sights?

• bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 128 Tile Toppler

Hey @IceIX, if possible, can you please tell us who will be the Essential 5-star for Strange Sights 1/15 - 1/19?

Thanks!

• EddieCL
    EddieCL Posts: 26 Just Dropped In

Latest update reads:

"1/12 - 1/16 Infinite Pursuit NEW
    Placement Rewards: Hit-Monkey (EDI), Doop, She-Hulk (Modern), Wolverine (Astonishing)
    Progression Rewards: Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Reptil, Wolverine (Patch), Ares

1/15 - 1/19 Strange Sights NEW
    Placement Rewards: Arcade, Wiccan, Mystique, Moonstone
    Progression Rewards: Wong, Doop, She-Hulk (Modern), Wolverine (Astonishing)"

Typically, Infinite Pursuit should have Wong in placement rewards, instead of Hit-Monkey. Is this intentional, @IceIX ?