Why no new event?

Comments

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor

Because creating a full post, vs a quick Reddit post are not the same level of effort.

Ultimately it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I think we'll be ok.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

Is the Reddit the go-to for stuff like this now? I was away from the forum for like a year so I don't know if they changed it.

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 203 Tile Toppler

Post and compensation has arrived. Hurray!

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

That could mean that reddit has a lot more engage than the official forum.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bad said:

I mean, yes, obviously?
    There's like 5 people posting in the forum.

• Bad

It won't be because they aren't able to post anything freely.
    Still when something big happens a lot of people post things in here.
    Perhaps if they'd renove the forum and make it modern more people would engage it.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    Is the Reddit the go-to for stuff like this now? I was away from the forum for like a year so I don't know if they changed it.

If they're changing it, they need to announce and make it official.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

But is reddit more visited because more info and quicker info is posted there? Would the official forum be more frequented if this WAS the primary source of information?

• Bowgentle

Usually discord gets the info first, then we get a more elaborate Version here, in the official place.

• entrailbucket

@Bowgentle said:

@Bad said:

I mean, yes, obviously?
    There's like 5 people posting in the forum.

But they're the best 5 people!

I dunno, I just wish they'd tell us which place is the official place. Is Discord official? I thought that was run by the unofficial podcast people?

• Bowgentle
    edited January 2023

And what would you do with that info, bucket?
    File an official complaint when discord gets an unstructured info dump a few hours before they're able to write up a more wordy post on here?

Also, there better be a PVE preview up in 22 minutes...

• entrailbucket

How could I file an official complaint when I don't even know where the official complaint department is? I'd only be able to file unofficial complaints!

It's not a big deal, and I wasn't trying to make it sound like one. It'd just be nice if they were clearer about it.

• Bowgentle

Clearly you'd need to file your complaint ingame via the help button!
    I mean, d'oh.

Also, PVE preview is up, all is right again with the world.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

The forums, discord, and Reddit all get official announcements, usually simultaneously. Reddit and discord are referred to the announcement posted here. Discord, Reddit and our own bug’s section gets spoilers from Devpool and Ice acknowledging something is not working as intended and something is happening about it. But it is usually done in response to a posted thread. Though Ice throws out ideas on discord to get feedback as well

• Bad

@Sekilicious said:
    The forums, discord, and Reddit all get official announcements, usually simultaneously. Reddit and discord are referred to the announcement posted here. Discord, Reddit and our own bug’s section gets spoilers from Devpool and Ice acknowledging something is not working as intended and something is happening about it. But it is usually done in response to a posted thread. Though Ice throws out ideas on discord to get feedback as well

Now that's a puzzle worthy of a game called Marvel Puzzle Quest.
    And the Quest would mean the difficulty to find the official site (penultimate speculation).

• killahKlown

@Sekilicious said:

Just seems like unofficial announcements by Icex are posted elsewhere instead of here. And people constantly saying here that devs said This and That over on discord. Pertinent information regarding things happening in game now or very soon. We shouldn't have to hear that the devs who should communicating here are doing so other places that are not here.

Why can't iceX tell is here that something isn't working as intended? Copy/Paste don't work?

• Sekilicious
    edited January 2023

The responses to things not working as intended can be found in the bugs section. Ice consistently responds here after posting an announcement. Official announcements are here. A great portion of the community do not come here though. I think it would be negligent to ignore those forums as potential for engagement. Discord is a better format for back and forth in real time engagement imo as well.

I really don’t know what is the best way to engage the community. I think it is unfair to say they ignore this community in favour of others though.

• killahKlown
    edited January 2023

@Sekilicious said:
    A great portion of the community do not come here though.

But would they if this were the primary source of info? This place was a lot busier before the info started migrating to other places.

I've seen people here mention they were told the Emma vault was going to consist of Cyclops and Colossus. And that the info was posted on discord. So to say that the official info gets posted here shortly after it's posted elsewhere just isn't correct. Because that still not being presented here from an official source

• killahKlown

@Sekilicious said:
    I really don’t know what is the best way to engage the community. I think it is unfair to say they ignore this community in favour of others though.

I think they should just tell us where to go for all the latest info. That way we can just all go there. Rather than the fragmented way of engaging with the community. It's disappointing to have to several different sources just to have all the info coming from the developers. Just pick one and post everything there... please!

• Sekilicious

@killahKlown said:
    So to say that the official info gets posted here shortly after it's posted elsewhere just isn't correct. Because that still not being presented here from an official source

I see where our disagreement is. Ice saying on discord what is going to be in a vault isn’t an announcement. It is the current behind the scene thinking, a spoiler from a credible source as it were. Nothing is official until he posts it here or it shows up in game.