qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards

Title says it all...

Comments

• bonny79
    bonny79 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In

? nobody knows....

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

One would hope they're back in the office again today.
    But since s1 already should have started, and they probably don't want to ruin the schedule again by doing weird start times... I guess there won't be PVE until Thursday.

• Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker

They could do 3 straight 3-day events and be okay.

Or run Enemy of the State starting Friday with the first sub as 24 hours…

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler

Next event is Strange Sights on the fifth if you look at the Abomination new character post. Enjoy the break.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 201 Tile Toppler

They have had PVE finish on a Friday before. While I'm not advocating this becomes a regular occurrence, this would be an option if we don't have a PVE starting today.

Strange Sights could start tomorrow on Tuesday and finish on Friday. The next PVE after Strange Sights would return to a regular schedule on Thursday, creating a temporary overlap between these 2 events. It's not ideal, but it would fill the gap instead of waiting for an entire event until the next PVE.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

Remember how long it takes them to go back to regular after tinkering with the schedule.
    I hate the break but nobody wants to do double Florida ever again.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 201 Tile Toppler

It went back to a regular schedule immediately after the first (and last) time this was done. The Hunt PVE is an entirely different matter lol, but I agree nobody wants that ever again.

This option is more of a lesser of 2 evils. >:)

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

It makes no sense that we've had 3 events happening at once to now we have nothing.. could had threw the Boss event here for Abomination covers

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

This is an opportunity to take a break and recharge. I can't believe players would be unhappy about it. :o

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker

What a wonderful late jul present!

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

@HoundofShadow said:
    This is an opportunity to take a break and recharge. I can't believe players would be unhappy about it. :o

I'm only complaining at the fact they threw several events at once to now we have nothing. This is would had been a perfect Boss time

Sidenote: Maybe not having a PvE is why the Abomination PvP rewards are higher

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

That's not an argument. Even machines or factories are closed temporarily to do some maintenances. Just use this downtime to catch up on something else, and you'll probably feel refreshed. As they say, MPQ is a marathon, not a race. And people take breaks when participating in marathons.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker

@HoundofShadow said:

Wait what? You don’t know why players would be unhappy about not having an event to earn any rewards that they’re normally used to getting? Huh? My days off start today and not having an event to play certainly isn’t something that I want especially without any communication as to why it’s the case. You can’t expect the entire player base to be at your level of hours played needing to “recharge” by not playing the game and be happy about it.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 785 Critical Contributor

If it just one day it’s not a big deal but if it’s longer this will impact some people achieving their daily quest goals

I’m quite fortunate that I have slice 3 for story mode so I’ll have something to do in an hour or so

Pvp I’ve already done so tomorrow will be a quiet day

Been meaning to start at the gym so tomorrow I’ll be doing that 🙂

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards

Came here to read about the lack of PvE today.

It IS rather strange that the "automatic" scheduling gives us a PvE, a boss, AND a Puzzle Gauntlet during the holidays...
    ...but today, there's nothing beyond Welcome to Shield (PvE-wise).

That all said, I would've loved this break during Christmas day, eve, NYE, etc.

Anyways, like @HoundofShadow I'll enjoy the break... just strange timing, given how we got slammed during our holidays, but its so trim right now.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards

@PiMacleod said:
    Came here to read about the lack of PvE today.

It IS rather strange that the "automatic" scheduling gives us a PvE, a boss, AND a Puzzle Gauntlet during the holidays...
    ...but today, there's nothing beyond Welcome to Shield (PvE-wise).

That all said, I would've loved this break during Christmas day, eve, NYE, etc.

Anyways, like @HoundofShadow I'll enjoy the break... just strange timing, given how we got slammed during our holidays, but its so trim right now.

I'm pretty sure it's because they've probably been out of the office since like the 20th or so. What they set up to run is petering out.