Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@dianetics said:

@HoundofShadow said:
    Are players so needy that they need dev to report every step of their movements to them? It's end year holiday. Let them enjoy their break. It's just one pve fewer. We have Strange Sight on the 5th.

This is such a strange argument. We want content and if there is no content we want the devs to say why.
    It is literally a 5 minute post to say “hey we aren’t here, and we will be back on this day”. Easy.

We aren’t children and they aren’t either. Why expect less?
    We want them to enjoy their holiday and vacation but just a bit of communication is not too much to ask.

But if they aren't there then who is there to say they aren't there?!?!? Unless you want an automated response but that way leads to Skynet...hopefully we hear something soon.

I mean the sensible thing would have been to announce their absence before they left, but obviously that fell through.
    I'm guessing both Ice and Sokun were unavailable to relay that info.

I don't disagree but then I think there was a bit of last minute drama about squeezing through the extra feeder updates so maybe it got lost in that? Somebody will definitely pop up at some point and either this is all a screw up and we get tossed an Abomination cover or it was planned and we get to moan about it some more.

I wouldn't call it "drama," but they definitely posted that they intended to do some last updates in January, then said the developers managed to squeeze that in. I do recall when they were talking about the last two updates they planned for December they did say they were trying to get them into one so they could go on vacation -- I'm pretty sure this was a planned vacation.

The PVE gap probably wasn't? Who knows, I'm sure someone will tell us something in the next day or so -- they're probably not quite back in the office yet or else back and catching up.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,091 Chairperson of the Boards

@dianetics said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    But if they aren't there then who is there to say they aren't there?!?!? Unless you want an automated response but that way leads to Skynet...hopefully we hear something soon.

Look in my company I pay for cell phones for my sales associates. I require 12 hour responses and 72 hour resolutions to customer issues.
    If something comes in on a holiday I ask my associates to let me know and I will contact the client directly.
    This is easier since there is an open forum.
    A simple message saying when they will be back is not too much to ask.

I never said it was too much to ask but as this isn't your company then we can't apply your company rules can we? Also these are at least two different companies. I went out shopping yesterday coz my kid needed school shoes, it was a bank holiday here. Some shops were open. Some were closed. What was I gonna do, pin bad reviews on the shutters of the ones that were not open? I would say though that it is a bit strange we have heard nothing today but I think at least some of these guys are west coast USA and so maybe the timezone is delaying things? I am back to hoping soon for some update.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,592 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    I never said it was too much to ask but as this isn't your company then we can't apply your company rules can we? Also these are at least two different companies. I went out shopping yesterday coz my kid needed school shoes, it was a bank holiday here. Some shops were open. Some were closed. What was I gonna do, pin bad reviews on the shutters of the ones that were not open? I would say though that it is a bit strange we have heard nothing today but I think at least some of these guys are west coast USA and so maybe the timezone is delaying things? I am back to hoping soon for some update.

You’re right but this isn’t retail. We aren’t standing outside the doors of a closed shop in the mall.
    It is strange and odd that we have had no response in 3ish days regarding the PvE.
    It seems like the devs have been out since the 22nd.
    But, I lay the lack of communication on management and not the dev crew.
    There are several channels to relay information and it only takes a few minutes. A responsible manager would make sure his customers have some form of communication within 72 hours and we have not had that.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,309 Chairperson of the Boards

Pretty sure it's intentional. The Abomination announcement thread posted before the break had him as featured 4* for Strange Sights starting on 6th Jan, having been the placement reward in Spider Silk, following the normal pattern for PvE.

What was odd was that the break wasn't called out (unlike the code format of the post or the feeders/ lack of 3* feeder) when it would've been fairly easy to mention. Assume that was an oversight and I'm not holding grudges this close to Shardmas and Compensationmas. I'll just enjoy a short break to bask in the glory of my slightly shinier roster.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

Probably just the easiest way to get events lined up correctly since so many of you were griping about boss event overlap.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 187 Tile Toppler

@Chrynos1989 said:
    People here are just upset because now they don’t have mpq as an excuse for not talking to their wives…

Mine dosent talk to me anyway 🤣🤣

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 187 Tile Toppler

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    could be; it's Americas (us, canada, mexico for sure, i think Brazil observes too) in our family of studios (unafiliated in any way with this game).

In the UK we got a extra holiday Monday because new yrs day (national holiday) fell on a Sunday

• Wyntre
    Wyntre Posts: 46 Just Dropped In

Several people have mentioned a Discord--I'm looking for it and can't find it. Checked under D3, Broken Circle, Marvel Puzzle Quest, MPQ, Puzzle Quest... ?!

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards

@Wyntre said:
    Several people have mentioned a Discord--I'm looking for it and can't find it. Checked under D3, Broken Circle, Marvel Puzzle Quest, MPQ, Puzzle Quest... ?!

Hope this is allowed, and that I'm linking correctly:

https://discord.gg/59GrXhrD

• Wyntre
    Wyntre Posts: 46 Just Dropped In

Thank you so much! Weird that it's not official but Devs are there--I'm very glad to be able to read it. Grateful!

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

What's it say?

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards

Well after all these years, they can still surprise us. I hope they do a post mortem and update the checklists so things like this don't happen. These things should not be happening in a mature ongoing organization.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

@Aweberman said:
    They could do 3 straight 3-day events and be okay.

Or run Enemy of the State starting Friday with the first sub as 24 hours…

Sneaky... :)

• spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor

they said on Reddit that it was an error and they will be giving compensation

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

Here's the official response:

"Hey all, sorry for the delay in response (catching up from the holiday break). It is correct that the next event for Abomination's release starts on the 5th. The cause for this deviation from what is typical appears to be an error in preparation from the holiday break. We'll be sending something out to our players and their patience in dealing with the off scheduling."

Dev, take note of the impatient people in this thread. :p

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor

I think what happened is they went on holiday and left it on autopilot:

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 908 Critical Contributor

@spatenfloot said:

And still silence on here. What's even the point of having an official message board if it's the updates aren't posted here? And I don't care about which site gets more traffic. But just throw us some compensation and all is well right? Pretty weak.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards

@HoundofShadow said:
    Here's the official response:

"Hey all, sorry for the delay in response (catching up from the holiday break). It is correct that the next event for Abomination's release starts on the 5th. The cause for this deviation from what is typical appears to be an error in preparation from the holiday break. We'll be sending something out to our players and their patience in dealing with the off scheduling."

Dev, take note of the impatient people in this thread. :p

That's about what I expected. They set things up and went on vacation. Since there was no one around, there wasn't anyone to respond to the mistake.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor

@WilliamK1983 said:

@spatenfloot said:

And still silence on here. What's even the point of having an official message board if it's the updates aren't posted here? And I don't care about which site gets more traffic. But just throw us some compensation and all is well right? Pretty weak.

eh.

on the discord they said they're preparing like, a heap of things to be shared today. I think everything will be ok.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 908 Critical Contributor

@Omegased said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

@spatenfloot said:

eh.

on the discord they said they're preparing like, a heap of things to be shared today. I think everything will be ok.

But why not on here? That's my point.