Why no new event?

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards

A lot of game industry companies observe corporate holidays that fall on a saturday the day before on friday, and those that fall on a sunday the day after on Monday, so I'd expect today (tuesday) to be the first day actually back.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    A lot of game industry companies observe corporate holidays that fall on a saturday the day before on friday, and those that fall on a sunday the day after on Monday, so I'd expect today (tuesday) to be the first day actually back.

That must be an US thing.
    In Europe, that day is just lost.
    But of course we have a lot more public holidays than the US.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards

could be; it's Americas (us, canada, mexico for sure, i think Brazil observes too) in our family of studios (unafiliated in any way with this game).

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,592 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

The problem is not the lack of events or whatnot, but it is the lack of communication.
    Clearly the devs knew 1/1 was coming and no clear communication is a problem.
    It would only take about 5 minutes to say “hey, we aren’t in the office, and we will be back on this day. Take this time to rest we will get back to it soon.”

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

The typical demograpic of MPQ is working adults. Do we want them to treat us as children?

• Bowgentle

@HoundofShadow said:
    The typical demograpic of MPQ is working adults. Do we want them to treat us as children?

By telling us the schedule?
    What weird argument is that now?
    Does your boss only tell you about your upcoming meetings when they start?

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

They said on december Q&A to save our questions because they are out on holidays.
    If no dev is on discord, and if Speculation Factory Inc reopens, I can think on some options:

• After the Android bug burnout they went to reclusion to a mystic mountain in order to find new forces and awaken the Kundalini Power.
    • After the Android bug burnout they went into vacation separately (like normal people does) but locking off all phones.
    • The game will shut down soon
    • They are doing something so big that this couldnt be done in any other way.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

Seems likely it's a screwup on their side -- they haven't changed the schedule in a very long time and we haven't had a gap in a very long time, so they'd probably have told us if it was intentional.

Also, it's not exactly the end of the world. It would be nice if they'd said something but it's the holidays so it's somewhat understandable. And given the generosity this dev team has already shown, it's likely we'll get compensated for it.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Are players so needy that they need dev to report every step of their movements to them? It's end year holiday. Let them enjoy their break. It's just one pve fewer. We have Strange Sight on the 5th.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

Puck's pvp is out, so they are doing/did it ok on pvp.
    Last speculation: to encourage pvp engagement?

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2023

It's funny to me that wasn't it only last month when all of you heaped constant heavy praise on this team for the wonderful communication?

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

@HoundofShadow said:
    I didn't know mod can't make jokes. :o

They try, they're just not funny. ;)

• Bowgentle

@killahKlown said:
    It's funny to me that wasn't it only last month when all of you heaped constant heaby praise on this team for the wonderful communication?

Wait until "someone" claims it's our fault that the devs went silent.
    Only a matter of time now.

• dianetics
    edited January 2023

@HoundofShadow said:
    Are players so needy that they need dev to report every step of their movements to them? It's end year holiday. Let them enjoy their break. It's just one pve fewer. We have Strange Sight on the 5th.

This is such a strange argument. We want content and if there is no content we want the devs to say why.
    It is literally a 5 minute post to say “hey we aren’t here, and we will be back on this day”. Easy.

We aren’t children and they aren’t either. Why expect less?
    We want them to enjoy their holiday and vacation but just a bit of communication is not too much to ask.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,760 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

That must be an US thing.
    In Europe, that day is just lost.
    But of course we have a lot more public holidays than the US.

Depends on which European country: UK has 8 publc holidays and if they fall on a weekend you get the next day off instead.
    The big difference with the US is paid time off, in the UK you get 25 paid holidays (or more).

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,091 Chairperson of the Boards

@dianetics said:

@HoundofShadow said:

This is such a strange argument. We want content and if there is no content we want the devs to say why.
    It is literally a 5 minute post to say “hey we aren’t here, and we will be back on this day”. Easy.

We want them to enjoy their holiday and vacation but just a bit of communication is not too much to ask.

But if they aren't there then who is there to say they aren't there?!?!? Unless you want an automated response but that way leads to Skynet...hopefully we hear something soon.

• Bowgentle

@DAZ0273 said:

@dianetics said:

@HoundofShadow said:

But if they aren't there then who is there to say they aren't there?!?!? Unless you want an automated response but that way leads to Skynet...hopefully we hear something soon.

I mean the sensible thing would have been to announce their absence before they left, but obviously that fell through.
    I'm guessing both Ice and Sokun were unavailable to relay that info.

• dianetics

@DAZ0273 said:

Look in my company I pay for cell phones for my sales associates. I require 12 hour responses and 72 hour resolutions to customer issues.
    If something comes in on a holiday I ask my associates to let me know and I will contact the client directly.
    This is easier since there is an open forum.
    A simple message saying when they will be back is not too much to ask.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,091 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@dianetics said:

@HoundofShadow said:

I mean the sensible thing would have been to announce their absence before they left, but obviously that fell through.
    I'm guessing both Ice and Sokun were unavailable to relay that info.

I don't disagree but then I think there was a bit of last minute drama about squeezing through the extra feeder updates so maybe it got lost in that? Somebody will definitely pop up at some point and either this is all a screw up and we get tossed an Abomination cover or it was planned and we get to moan about it some more.