Theorycrafting - The ideal 5* feeders

Options

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Sekilicious said:
    Nice. I need Gargantos, Abigail, and Moonknight rostered. I’m banking on Chavez, Monica, and Moonknight being their feeders, as promised here 😂. Luckily they’re all champed.

I can only hope my predictions are accurate :#

Havok remains my only unchamped classic 5* (otherwise I'm champed through Emma). Reptil just crossed the L300 mark and brought Havok to 4/4/4. I have a 500 shard milestone I could use to just champ him and be done, but I'm positive Polaris will be updated to feed him in the next couple of weeks

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Most likely villain to feed Electro, since she's about to lose Ock it seems?

• rainkingucd
    edited December 2022
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Most likely villain to feed Electro, since she's about to lose Ock it seems?

I don't know much about her but I went looking through her Wiki. She killed The Prowler (in game cover art too), but in my mind Prowler has to feed Big Wheel. Just feels right.

She was part of a Sinister Six (led by Aaron Davis in an Iron Spider suit!) with Sandman, defeated by Miles and the Champions. Miles could feed someone new after Kingpin's update or Sandman, but then Goblin would need a feeder refresh too.

OG Electro was part of the original Sinister Six, as were Kraven, Mysterio, Sandman, and Vulture. As well as the Sinister Twelve, with Lizard, and Scoprion.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Haha thank you for the effort!
    I'll just have to wait and see :)

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

I never knew Black Bolt's alias name until I saw the OP's interesting (canonically correct, even if not MPQ correct) sub-name for him on the original post.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

I didn't see Thor (Gladiator) listed in the original post. Thoughts on if they could put MEHulk on him and Valkyrie instead on Heimdall?
    Lokigator seems primed to move to 5Loki (as was already speculated), but is MEHulk really the right fit for Heimdall?
    Our lack of 4* Asgardians becomes quite obvious. Especially considering they newly chose for Namor to feed Odin.

Also wondered if Oscorp Spidey could move to Green Goblin, freeing up Sandman for Electro/Else. The Spidey ones have so many options, though.

• rainkingucd
    Options

@skittledaddy said:
    I never knew Black Bolt's alias name until I saw the OP's interesting (canonically correct, even if not MPQ correct) sub-name for him on the original post.

Ha, nice catch. I didn't even notice. I nicked the list from the Champ Cover Rewards google sheets file to save me from typing them all out.

@skittledaddy said:
    I didn't see Thor (Gladiator) listed in the original post.

Totally overlooked him. I think when I added Thor (Mighty Thor) I figured "one's enough".

I think Valkyrie probably makes more sense for Heimdall than ME Hulk, but neither is a great fit as far as I can tell. Thematically, Loki (even the alligator variant) is probably the closest connection in the 4* tier, but of course 5* Loki seems primed to happen.

I like the Oscorp Spidey to Green Goblin option. It would be a good fit (like Vulture to 5* Peter Parker), but then again we now have two 4* Spideys and two 5* Spideys (excluding Miles/Miguel/Gwen). I could see Oscorp Spidey going to 5* PP, even though Vulture fits better as they are both the MCU versions.

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@AlexR said:
    Polaris -> 5* Magneto

I would like to see Legion feed 5* Magneto and Polaris feed Havok.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Jacklag said:

@AlexR said:
    Polaris -> 5* Magneto

Both could happen with double feeders more and more likely being a permanent thing.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

We should put Spider Gwen and Silk to feed SMPP. They were his love interests after all and he's pretty lonely up there in 5* land.

• rainkingucd
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:

@Jacklag said:

@AlexR said:
    Polaris -> 5* Magneto

Both could happen with double feeders more and more likely being a permanent thing.

Agreed. I can't see a way where Polaris does not feed Havok. She has to right?

Magneto just got Juggernaut, but Legion would be logical second feeder.

@HoundofShadow said:
    We should put Spider Gwen and Silk to feed SMPP. They were his love interests after all and he's pretty lonely up there in 5* land.

Could be yeah. Hard to say as sometimes BCS wants to stay "in universe / in iteration", and since SMPP is MCU, and Spider-Gwen was different universe, maybe not? Silk potentially though. But with 2 spider-men in the 4* realm, I think they'll have spidey Oscorp and spidey IW feed the SMPP and BSSM

• rainkingucd
    Options

Champ Harder!

Again no surprises for Deadpool, Loki, Moon Knight, and Thor.

Nick Fury does make sense for Brand. I still thought it would be Rambeau due to the SWORD affiliation, but SWORD/SHIELD tie in works too (although Rambeau could feed her as second feeder too at some point)

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87870/champion-rewards-feeder-update-4-champion-harder-live-12-15
    4-Star
    Deadpool (X-Force) - Deadpool (Spirit)
    Loki (Alligator) - Loki (God of Mischief)
    Moon Knight (Marc Spector) - Moon Knight (Avatar)
    Nick Fury - Abigail Brand
    Thor (Goddess) - Thor (Mighty)

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I know the general reason we assume for Polaris not feeding Havok is that everyone and their mom chased after Polaris... but Havok hasn't been featured in a single special store that I can think of (been here since ihulk/apoc releases I think) so is it really so bad if we all get some covers for him?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

A lot of players chased Karnak and Juggernaut as well. They still ended up feeding 5*. Given how generous the dev is, I don't think they mind giving some more Havok covers. It's not like anyone is going to use him anyway. He's still going to be stuck in the void.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@rainkingucd said:
    Champ Harder!

Nick Fury does make sense for Brand. I still thought it would be Rambeau due to the SWORD affiliation, but SWORD/SHIELD tie in works too (although Rambeau could feed her as second feeder too at some point)

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87870/champion-rewards-feeder-update-4-champion-harder-live-12-15
    4-Star

I'm guessing a 5* Monica is a good shout for The Marvels next year so they may be saving 4* Monica to feed there.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:
    Champ Harder!

4-Star

I'm guessing a 5* Monica is a good shout for The Marvels next year so they may be saving 4* Monica to feed there.

I mean, she kind of got forgotten, but back in the 80s and 90s Monica Rambeau (going by "Captain Marvel" mostly, but then "Photon" when Carol was brought back from outer space,) was one of the more powerful heroes around. It would be pretty easy to use any of those as a 5*.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:
    Champ Harder!

4-Star

I mean, she kind of got forgotten, but back in the 80s and 90s Monica Rambeau (going by "Captain Marvel" mostly, but then "Photon" when Carol was brought back from outer space,) was one of the more powerful heroes around. It would be pretty easy to use any of those as a 5*.

I would love it if we got 80s Captain Marvel. With Hercules also due at some point I could put together various iterations of the Roger Stern Avengers line up (OK maybe not Starfox), T'would be grand.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:
    Champ Harder!

4-Star

I would love it if we got 80s Captain Marvel. With Hercules also due at some point I could put together various iterations of the Roger Stern Avengers line up (OK maybe not Starfox), T'would be grand.

I will never be able to look at Hercules without hearing "Roy Kent, Roy Kent. He's here, he's there, he's..."

• rainkingucd
    Options

One more time to fill the chains!

A double batch this time. Some omissions in the latest update, but I think we'll still see some more in the new year.

Shang Chi, Havok, Star-Lord, Thanos, Gamora as expected.

Ronan, Electro, Big Wheel thematically aligned, but not who I was thinking.

I guess Elsa makes sense for Gargantos. Monsters and all.

Did not expect The Hulk (BB) to get double fed. Thought it would be MEHulk or Rhulk into iHulk.

Sam Wilson to Heimdall was completely out of (k)nowhere. In my limited googling, I did stumble across a Tumblr fan fic of the 2 of them, but I opted not to click on that particular link.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87901/last-batch-of-champ-updates-one-more-time-to-fill-the-chains-live-12-22
    Drax - Ronan
    Elsa Bloodstone - Gargantos
    Gamora (Vol 2) - Gamora (Deadliest)
    The Hulk (Main Event) - The Hulk (Bruce Banner)
    Iron Fist (Danny Rand) - Shang Chi
    Polaris - Havok
    Rhino - Big Wheel
    Sam Wilson (Captain America) - Heimdall
    Scorpion - Electro
    Star-Lord (Outlaw) - Star-Lord (Vol 2)
    Thanos (Endgame) - Thanos (Mad Titan)

• rainkingucd
    Options

As others noted in the announcement thread, there are now three 5* that are without feeders: Doc Ock, Chasm, Sersi.

They will certainly get updates in the new year. Doc Ock is obvious, Sersi has 2 options with Black Knight and Ikaris, and Chasm has also sorts of Spider connections.

With that update, I would expect 4* Captain America to feed one of the 5* Caps. Spidey Oscorp may update to 5* Spider-Man PP, or Goblin. Immortal Hulk will probably get Rhulk with MEHulk now spoken for.

Scarlet Witch & JJ both have some options for more thematically appropriate feeders, but are probably low priority. Maybe the round after next (if there are more) are continuation of double feeders? Talos to Captain Marvel or Agent Venmo to Knull, Sabretooth has plenty of connections, etc.