Theorycrafting - The ideal 5* feeders

Options
124»

Comments

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I wouldn’t be surprised if the new 4* feeds one of the unfed 5*s.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't think anyone guessed sam wilson to feed heimdall, but whatever. A feeder is a feeder.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ice has announced the next round already in the new year. Filling in the gaps for Sersi, Chasm, and Doc Ock, plus the last two 4* not yet feeding their 5* Variants.

Which I supposed brings this thread to a close. It was fun speculating on what would come, it was fun seeing what was wrong.

A nice round of feeder updates, and great from BCS to realign the feeder pools and offer retro rewards.

We shall see if more are on the cards for the future.

Maybe getting everyone double fed (like Jean, Kitty, Cable, Okoye, Colossus, Hawkeye, Kingpin, Hulk BB, CapIW, SpideyPP) or secondary feeders (like Killmonger).

Maybe some more thematic alignments in the future (Rhulk to iHulk, Luke Cage to JJ, Wiccan to Switch, Legion to Mags/ProfX/Onslaught)

Only time will tell. Happy Shardsgiving, Shardsgiving redux, New Batch, Champ Harder,and Shardsmas to all!

Black Knight - Sersi
    Captain America (Worthy) - Captain America (Infinity War)
    Doc Ock (No Way Home) - Doctor Octopus (Classic)
    Spider-Man (OsCorp) - Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
    Spider-Man (2099) - Chasm

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,406 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Double feeding won’t be sustainable or possible moving forward.77 5s now and 136 4s.

I see value in double feeding low tier 5s or underused 5s, but there is no real reason to feed characters like Okoye or Beta Ray Bill.

If they do double feed it should be thematically appropriate and for character with low Osage rates.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:
    Double feeding won’t be sustainable or possible moving forward.77 5s now and 136 4s.

I see value in double feeding low tier 5s or underused 5s, but there is no real reason to feed characters like Okoye or Beta Ray Bill.

If they do double feed it should be thematically appropriate and for character with low Osage rates.

Why would they double feed characters nobody willingly uses?
    If the point of feeders is to get people into the 5* tier quicker (which I assume is the reason), then I pity the people who have OML as their first 5 just because he got double-fed.

No, double-feeding popular 5s who will allow people to enjoy 5* play is the way to go.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They can always pull a Shuri.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

Isn’t Okoye double fed already with Shuri and Nemora? I’d be okay with a few more feeders for her.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    They can always pull a Shuri.

Is that a euphemesm?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

It should be pull another Shuri out of a hat. :D They can make all 4* feed a second 5* with a cap of 1250 5* shards, like what Shuri has done. 130 x 1250 = 162, 500. That's another 325 covers equivalent, which is about 33% of the total number of 5*, or another 4 covers per 5*, using 76 5* as a guide.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:

I don't know if they will end up doing another mass feeder update like the ones these past 2 months, but BCS seem keen on rewards for players. Maybe they'll do slow drip feeds into logical/thematically appropriate character relationships. I think there are 11 double fed 5* (12 with Killmonger as Shuri's secondary), only 2 of which seemed to be intentional (Kitty / Cable with retro changes and then new characters launching as their feeders). The rest were all given retro changes but left original feeders as they were.

Some might get double fed from the launch of a new character a la Doop/Deathlok. Some might get double fed with retro alignments like a President's day celebration or Spring Equinox or something random to celebrate like the character anniversaries in comics.

There are definitely some 4 stars with strong thematic connections that could allow double fed 5*. Luke to Jessica is an obvious one. Spider-Verse/Mutants also have a lot of connections.

The most obvious (just to list a few)
    Red Hulk to Immortal Hulk
    Luke Cage to Jessica Jones
    Sabretooth to Wolverine/Sinister
    Talos to Captain Marvel
    Agent Venom to Knull/Spider-ManBiB
    Legion to Magneto/Onslaught
    Wiccan to Scarlet Witch
    Yondu to Star-Lord
    Monica to Brand/Scarlet Witch (although good chance we get a Marvels tie in at launch, so maybe she'll be a retro feeder at that point)

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I was thinking with Deathlok and Doop that the double feeders might come from new 4* characters and new 5* characters might get fed by old 4* characters. But with Abomination feeding the next 5* it might be as you say here, that double feeders might come when celebrating events. It will be interesting to see.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options

With 45 (out of 134, or 33.6%) 4* characters that currently don't feed a 5*, there is room for both possibilities. Double feeders could come from new releases as well as older 4* characters.

If retro rewards are a concern (as the saying goes, you can't please everyone :|), there are approximately 14 characters that were released in the past year which could mitigate players receiving too many rewards. They could choose these characters first to be double feeders:

Melinda May
    Lizard
    Monica Rambeau
    Morbius
    Silk
    Anti-Venom
    Misty Knight
    Legion
    Hellcat
    Super-Skrull
    Maria Hill
    Northstar