Last Batch of Champ Updates: One More Time To Fill the Chains (Live 12/22)

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited December 2022 in MPQ General Discussion

Update 2 Just got word that the stragglers noted in page 4 will be added to to this batch of feeders! I've added those below the current set in this post so they're easy to tell apart.

Minor update: Pulled Punisher's change off, he's sticking with Deathlok. I was looking at an older sheet that was pre-new-characters changing the overall feeders.

Doing a double batch this week, so instead of one set on 12/22 and another on 12/29, we'll be doing all of them this Thursday!

Champion Rewards Updates
Character - Primary / Secondary, updates in BOLD
All changes will result in retroactive rewards

2-Star
Black Widow (Original) - Black Widow (Grey) / Mystique
Moonstone - The Hulk (Indestructible) / Sentry

3-Star
Black Widow (Grey) - Black Widow (IW) / Nick Fury
Blade (Daywalker) - Blade (Modern) / Elsa Bloodstone
Bullseye (Classic) - Kingpin / Scorpion
Doctor Doom - Invisible Woman / Super Skrull
Doctor Strange - Mordo / Nova
Gamora (GotG) - Gamora (Vol 2) / Mantis
The Hood - Ghost Rider / Prowler
The Hulk (Indestructible) - The Hulk (Main Event) / The Hulk (Totally Awesome)
Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) - Rocket & Groot (Vol 2) / Drax
Sam Wilson (Falcon) - Sam Wilson (Captain America) / Winter Soldier
Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) - Hulkling / Wiccan
Thanos (Modern) - Thanos (Endgame) / Nebula

4-Star
Drax - Ronan
Elsa Bloodstone - Gargantos
Gamora (Vol 2) - Gamora (Deadliest)
The Hulk (Main Event) - The Hulk (Bruce Banner)
Iron Fist (Danny Rand) - Shang Chi
Polaris - Havok
Rhino - Big Wheel
Sam Wilson (Captain America) - Heimdall
Scorpion - Electro
Star-Lord (Outlaw) - Star-Lord (Vol 2)
Thanos (Endgame) - Thanos (Mad Titan)

Extra changes!
3-Star
Deadpool (It's Me) - Deadpool (X-Force) / Gwenpool

4-Star
Black Knight - Sersi
Captain America (Worthy) - Captain America (Infinity War)
Doc Ock (No Way Home) - Doctor Octopus (Classic)
Spider-Man (OsCorp) - Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
Spider-Man (2099) - Chasm

Comments

• MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options

If my notes are correct, this will leave only three 5-Stars without a feeder:

• Sersi
    • Doctor Octopus
    • Chasm
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

According to discord this was so there could be a break for the developers over Xmas. I would be surprised if the last few 5s weren’t fed sometime in January. The title probably refers to the year end, and the fact that ice’s last post everyone stole all their great ideas for titles.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Enjoy the well deserved break!

Out of curiosity, what's the link between Sam Wilson and Heimdall? I googled for any comic link and I can't find any.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have all of those 3's max champed bar The Hood with a few dupes building too, so that should be a nice amount of 4* shards. I'll do pretty nicely out of the 5* shards too apart sadly from Rhino who is one of my lowest champed 4's for some RNG reason - No Big Wheel fun for me. Still - happy shardmas everybody!!!

• Kaidrin1979
    Kaidrin1979 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options

Wonderful X-Mas News.
    Especially Shang Chi, Ronan and Big Wheel.

• CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options

Nice and most appreciated gift this holidays, you all need a well deserve break. Finally a sangchi feeder to add more levels to the one of my most favorite PVE toon.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Super, thank you! I'm just going to count what that means in terms of 5* champs, but I think it's definitely 2 more to add to the list.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm getting shards for my birthday! Thank you!

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Enjoy the well deserved break!

Out of curiosity, what's the link between Sam Wilson and Heimdall? I googled for any comic link and I can't find any.

Echoing this as I am very curious. @IceIX any insights shared would be great. I have a decent knowledge base but I am struggling to find the connection. Is it more a Reptil-->Havok situation, or is there a comic / MCU / game connection somewhere?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,184 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I took them to a 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon calculator, and they were both in Avengers: Age of ULtron. Maybe that's it?

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options

Absolutely loving these updates but I've really kicked myself tho.. I had every 3* maxed and sold them all and started new builds I have non champed at the moment

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options

Thank You, Devs!!
    Merry Shardmas!

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Woot! This batch of feeders will champ Heimdal and Havok for me.

• MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:

Both have red/blue/yellow powers. It's not much, though....

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options

Wonderful news, think that will get me close to champing all 5*s just poor gambit left and possibly big wheel as rhino is quite low on covers

Happy shardmas everyone!!!

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,497 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

-deadpan- Oh no, no feeder for Chasm, we won't have an influx of new ones out there -/deadpan-

It is interesting that they're leaving those three out, particularly since two are very obvious -- Doc Ock to himself, Switch one of the many other Spidey Villians to Electro. They could have also made MEH feed iHulk and switch Ikaris to Sersi - if not, though, Black Knight is the perfect feeder for her.
    Still, with all the updates I don't begrudge them a break. And who knows, maybe the perfect Chasm feeder is going to be a brandy new 4 star. Speaking for myself, that doesn't bother me at all.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MadScientist said:

@HoundofShadow said:

Both have red/blue/yellow powers. It's not much, though....

oooh, they both see things? Heimdall across the realms, Falcon via birds

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options

@GrimSkald said:
    -deadpan- Oh no, no feeder for Chasm, we won't have an influx of new ones out there -/deadpan-

It is interesting that they're leaving those three out, particularly since two are very obvious -- Doc Ock to himself, Switch one of the many other Spidey Villians to Electro. They could have also made MEH feed iHulk and switch Ikaris to Sersi - if not, though, Black Knight is the perfect feeder for her.
    Still, with all the updates I don't begrudge them a break. And who knows, maybe the perfect Chasm feeder is going to be a brandy new 4 star. Speaking for myself, that doesn't bother me at all.

They just moved Scorpion to feed Electro. so that part is done.
    I think they just forgot that they didn't finish the 3Ock>4Ock>5Ock chain. It's a slam dunk that was likely overlooked.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options

Another good day to be a hoarder. The long-term strategy of always holding one max 2, 3 & 4 and farming a 2nd has really paid off with all these feeders.

Of the new 4 feeders, Fist is my best at Max+280 which is great seeing as he feeds the best 5* on the list.

The stats guy in me wishes that I had saved a snap-shot of my roster before these feeder updates rolled out. Not that it is a big marker of anything, but would have been interesting to see how much my average 5* level bumped up after them all.

With these feeders the devs are really spoiling us!