Last Batch of Champ Updates: One More Time To Fill the Chains (Live 12/22)

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,309 Chairperson of the Boards

@jsmjsmjsm00 said:
    Once this change goes into effect, I believe we will have the following double-fed 5s.

Kingpin
    Electro
    Killmonger {primary + secondary}
    Hawkeye
    Havoc
    Hulk, Bruce Banner
    Kitty
    Deadpool
    Jean Grey
    Cable
    Colossus

Sounds like we need another 66 loads of 5* retro rewards in January to me... 😜

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 187 Tile Toppler

@Daredevil217 said:

@Sp1d3r said:

@Daredevil217 said:

@Sp1d3r said:

@Punter1 said:
    Another good day to be a hoarder. The long-term strategy of always holding one max 2, 3 & 4 and farming a 2nd has really paid off with all these feeders.

Of the new 4 feeders, Fist is my best at Max+280 which is great seeing as he feeds the best 5* on the list.

The stats guy in me wishes that I had saved a snap-shot of my roster before these feeder updates rolled out. Not that it is a big marker of anything, but would have been interesting to see how much my average 5* level bumped up after them all.

With these feeders the devs are really spoiling us!

Yep I definitely wish I'd have kept my maxed 3*s and started new 1s to farm instead of selling them.. your going to make a killing this time around lol

I’ve kept two max-champ of every 2*, three of every 3* (plus one for farming), and will never sell a 4 or 5* (they just take too long to max). Though I do have dupes of some 4s most are sub-280.

Suffice to say, being more of a collector. I’ve come up huge this Holishard Season. My CP/LT hoard is as high as it’s ever been. And thanks to the feeders on release it’s going to continue to grow since I’ve champed everyone through Arcade, and Riri (7 covers) and Monkey (5) are half done before even opening a token.

I feel like a dragon sitting on a pile of gold (and dupe 3*s). So powerful.

Wow that's ALOT of roster slots.. I'm nowhere near that lol I have 92 4s champed and 3 5s.. a long way to go

I’ve always felt like roster slots are the best investment in the game because they are the only thing that is permanent. Even characters can be deleted lol, but slots are forever. I would always buy big during roster slot sales knowing they would eventually get used. At first, I started housing dupe 3* as a “placeholder” of sorts. Like if I need a slot in a pinch, I could just sell a max dupe. Well I’ve been in 6-figure HP territory for so long that I never needed to sell a 3*. So I ended up just keeping all those dupes. Now I’ve grown attached.

I realize that the collection aspect of the game really is the whole game for me. I get T5 in a PVE or T100, it doesn’t matter because the treadmill doesn’t stop. There’s always another event right after. But looking at my roster and seeing now SIX Bag-Men is a fun use of my HP because that’ll endure long after this holiday vault closes or the FFW event ends.

Current slot count is 522 by the way.

And I was doing this when I was FTP. I only recently started spending more than 2 dollars a month with the new developers because I really appreciate the changes they’ve made and ways in which they communicate with us.

I've not spent alot of money just the odd bits on hps when needed..my roster it at 271.. 6 figure hps?? Wow I was in dream land when I had saved 16k which I spent most of on shards for apoc so I could champ him I decision I later regretted because I would have eventually champed him anyways lol

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards

@Sp1d3r said:

@Daredevil217 said:

@Sp1d3r said:

@Daredevil217 said:

@Sp1d3r said:

@Punter1 said:
    Another good day to be a hoarder. The long-term strategy of always holding one max 2, 3 & 4 and farming a 2nd has really paid off with all these feeders.

Of the new 4 feeders, Fist is my best at Max+280 which is great seeing as he feeds the best 5* on the list.

The stats guy in me wishes that I had saved a snap-shot of my roster before these feeder updates rolled out. Not that it is a big marker of anything, but would have been interesting to see how much my average 5* level bumped up after them all.

Yep I definitely wish I'd have kept my maxed 3*s and started new 1s to farm instead of selling them.. your going to make a killing this time around lol

I’ve kept two max-champ of every 2*, three of every 3* (plus one for farming), and will never sell a 4 or 5* (they just take too long to max). Though I do have dupes of some 4s most are sub-280.

Suffice to say, being more of a collector. I’ve come up huge this Holishard Season. My CP/LT hoard is as high as it’s ever been. And thanks to the feeders on release it’s going to continue to grow since I’ve champed everyone through Arcade, and Riri (7 covers) and Monkey (5) are half done before even opening a token.

Wow that's ALOT of roster slots.. I'm nowhere near that lol I have 92 4s champed and 3 5s.. a long way to go

I’ve always felt like roster slots are the best investment in the game because they are the only thing that is permanent. Even characters can be deleted lol, but slots are forever. I would always buy big during roster slot sales knowing they would eventually get used. At first, I started housing dupe 3* as a “placeholder” of sorts. Like if I need a slot in a pinch, I could just sell a max dupe. Well I’ve been in 6-figure HP territory for so long that I never needed to sell a 3*. So I ended up just keeping all those dupes. Now I’ve grown attached.

I realize that the collection aspect of the game really is the whole game for me. I get T5 in a PVE or T100, it doesn’t matter because the treadmill doesn’t stop. There’s always another event right after. But looking at my roster and seeing now SIX Bag-Men is a fun use of my HP because that’ll endure long after this holiday vault closes or the FFW event ends.

And I was doing this when I was FTP. I only recently started spending more than 2 dollars a month with the new developers because I really appreciate the changes they’ve made and ways in which they communicate with us.

I've not spent alot of money just the odd bits on hps when needed..my roster it at 271.. 6 figure hps?? Wow I was in dream land when I had saved 16k which I spent most of on shards for apoc so I could champ him I decision I later regretted because I would have eventually champed him anyways lol

Yeah, I don’t really spend a lot on boosts, shields, vaults (other than the anniversary vault), etc. I’ve also been playing for over eight years, so once you get over the “walls”(iso wall, HP wall, etc.) and get your farms up and running, it’s pretty easy.

I stayed in soft capped 4* land for a long time, so, when I finally made the leap, I was able to hit the ground running with all of the top-tier characters in the five tier, and everyone championed in the lower tiers. Having those farms ready to go made keeping up easier.

• TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 138 Tile Toppler

Really pleased that Havok is getting some attention. He’s mid-tier but really needs to be fully covered to be effective.

Nice work devs! The sequential rollout of these feeders was a great idea.

• fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker

No love for Cerci? :'( J/K

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2022

This means I HAVE to iso Dane, this is gonna be just as painful as Puck was.
    But still excellent work devs, and a happy shardmas to you all.

• samael64
    samael64 Posts: 66 Match Maker

@IceIX said:

3-Star
    Hawkeye (Hawkguy) - Hawkeye (Ronin) / Kate Bishop Swapped, accidentally missed

@IceIX
    I believe this one was fixed in last week's feeder changes. I received a Ronin cover amongst the feeder update rewards (it was in the notification) and the 3-star Hawkeye update is the only plausible reason I can think of for receiving this cover.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 907 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2022

@samael64 said:

@IceIX said:

3-Star

@IceIX
    I believe this one was fixed in last week's feeder changes. I received a Ronin cover amongst the feeder update rewards (it was in the notification) and the 3-star Hawkeye update is the only plausible reason I can think of for receiving this cover.

I got rewards for Kate being primary and Ronin secondary again last update. Same as the first update they were included in.

Edit-just checked 3* Hawk and the swap happened. I'm rather happy the way it worked out, I prefer Kate to Ronin anyway.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 201 Tile Toppler

@WilliamK1983 said:

@IceIX said:

3-Star

I got rewards for Kate being primary and Ronin secondary again last update. Same as the first update they were included in.

Edit-just checked 3* Hawk and the swap happened. I'm rather happy the way it worked out, I prefer Kate to Ronin anyway.

The swap happened as listed in the 3* Hawkeye champion rewards, however, the actual retro rewards were as you said the first time. Kate was primary and Ronin secondary again in the last feeder update.

I'm sure of this because I was waiting for the 2 Ronin covers that would have max champed him. Instead, I received all shards for Ronin and 2 covers for Kate again.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

1* characters have always been interesting. There has never been an impetus to roster more than one, an interesting choice for a collection game. I sometimes think they could be used to provide a source of iso, such as when fully covered they can be sold for 10k profit. But then, the way iso is structured as one of the limiting features for roster advancement it is probably working as intended.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,089 Chairperson of the Boards

I use 1* Spider-Man exclusively for the train 3 powers milestone so collect and keep him on the vine for that. I don't have any others rostered and am pleased that the concept of 1* champion rewards appears to be on the "never" pathway at present.

• QuietSe7en
    QuietSe7en Posts: 14 Just Dropped In

Shouldn't America Chavez feed Gargantos instead of Elsa Bloodstone?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,089 Chairperson of the Boards

@QuietSe7en said:
    Shouldn't America Chavez feed Gargantos instead of Elsa Bloodstone?

Elsa is a monster hunter so I guess the logic follows but it would be much better for me if Chavez did feed Garg!

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker

I’d be all aboard the America feeding Gargantos train as that would give me another cover for him if that was the case.

As it is I’m really looking forward to that next batch of feeders for next year as I don’t have a ton of champed 4’s over 280 but with that batch ALL of them are over that mark for me so I’m excited to get those rewards when they arrive.

And as always, awesome job to the devs for making this happen. Feeders now mostly all make sense and the rewards have been very plentiful and generous!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards

I went ahead and rostered all the 1s after the November Q&A introduced the possibility of 1* champs. I also was at a “full Pokédex” moment of everyone else champed who was available to be champed.

• samael64
    samael64 Posts: 66 Match Maker

@Wolvie171 said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

@IceIX said:

3-Star

The swap happened as listed in the 3* Hawkeye champion rewards, however, the actual retro rewards were as you said the first time. Kate was primary and Ronin secondary again in the last feeder update.

I'm sure of this because I was waiting for the 2 Ronin covers that would have max champed him. Instead, I received all shards for Ronin and 2 covers for Kate again.

I received both pushes of rewards, the initial incorrect Kate cover and Ronin shards two weeks ago and then the Ronin cover and Kate shards last week.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 187 Tile Toppler

@Daredevil217 said:

@Sp1d3r said:

@Daredevil217 said:

@Sp1d3r said:

@Daredevil217 said:

@Sp1d3r said:

@Punter1 said:

Yeah, I don’t really spend a lot on boosts, shields, vaults (other than the anniversary vault), etc. I’ve also been playing for over eight years, so once you get over the “walls”(iso wall, HP wall, etc.) and get your farms up and running, it’s pretty easy.

I stayed in soft capped 4* land for a long time, so, when I finally made the leap, I was able to hit the ground running with all of the top-tier characters in the five tier, and everyone championed in the lower tiers. Having those farms ready to go made keeping up easier.

Thanks for the advice..I think I'm at that stage now its a slow process but I'll get there 😁

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

It doesn't look like 4* Grocket feeds anyone. Am I missing this somewhere?