***** She-Hulk (Immortal) *****

Options

Comments

• bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    With the 3 resurrection cap, my excitement for Immortal She-Hulk has now been severely lowered.  I might not try to champ her, although with my dwindling supply of LLs, it may not even a choice I have to make.
  • Eirikr56
    Eirikr56 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Bad said:
    I don't think the enemy will take damage from airborne if it wasn't because she fired him with red.
    They had been testing and they saw the potential of the green power for free. 
    Still she will be a major health pack saver and she not directly tanking will help the player to avoid the fourth death while crushing with the 3 revives.
    It's irrelevant 3 capped downs, nobody on pvp will decide to down her 3 times and to take 3 green powers as a tradeoff.
    Her great potential hasn't moved a bit for me.
    Confirmed on discord by Ice that red passive does work regardless of what sent them airborne.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    She Hulk’s “bonus damage” apparently does not work the same way as 2099’s. I just labored through a match with her and Okoye in pvp and Okoye did not boost the bonus damage, so presumably Apoc and SW don’t either. 

She Hulk and Chasm is a pair you should almost never lose a match with offensively, and someone thinking about getting into 5* play should probably be all over the JThor/Chasm/SH trio, but Chasm has many partners he should almost never lose with. For example, he tanks everything but blue on Scarlet Witch. She Hulk’s value in the meta, I think, might almost entirely rely on how much of a scarecrow Chasm/SH is. Having to do that team in one final turn, every time, is going to be a legit pain in the butt. It’s going to have defensive value, but in this time with so many character and pairs having overwhelming offensive value, will *any* team really slow down the hits one takes very much? 
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    658_2 said:
    She Hulk’s “bonus damage” apparently does not work the same way as 2099’s. I just labored through a match with her and Okoye in pvp and Okoye did not boost the bonus damage, so presumably Apoc and SW don’t either. 

She Hulk and Chasm is a pair you should almost never lose a match with offensively, and someone thinking about getting into 5* play should probably be all over the JThor/Chasm/SH trio, but Chasm has many partners he should almost never lose with. For example, he tanks everything but blue on Scarlet Witch. She Hulk’s value in the meta, I think, might almost entirely rely on how much of a scarecrow Chasm/SH is. Having to do that team in one final turn, every time, is going to be a legit pain in the butt. It’s going to have defensive value, but in this time with so many character and pairs having overwhelming offensive value, will *any* team really slow down the hits one takes very much? 

I thought the same thing that if I see that team in PVP I will probably skip it just because I don't want to deal with it.
  • darkman84
    darkman84 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Is it correct that the animations for her Red and Green powers are the same?
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I’m seeing that they are… but I don’t know if that was the intent. Lol
  • SNKAllen
    SNKAllen Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    darkman84 said:
    Is it correct that the animations for her Red and Green powers are the same?
    Yeah yeah. I know animations are usually off but this just seems to be rushed out the door by the art team.
  • Gundala
    Gundala Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've been playing with Ihulk-5hehulk-Vulture in challenge node vs Pepper-Warmachine-IM3, it's hillarious. I feel really really happy, immortality  does exist. My Ihulk is not even Champion and 5hehulk is only 0-1-0 (yeah, 1 cover ). Please, please kill me..... :)))
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So the way I see it, She-Hulk's main value will be as an honest-to-goodness Tank.  She soaks up the damage, does match damage offensively as well as some other powers, dies, does more damage, and comes back stronger.  iHulk makes an extremely bad tank, despite his resurrection mechanic, because the more he tanks the more he hurts himself and he damages your team when he resurrects.  She-Hulk doesn't have either problem.
    The big problem with She-Hulk, though, is there is absolutely no reason not to save her for last.  By herself she doesn't do very much, so defensively she doesn't provoke anyone into attacking her.  She'll make an ok pairing for other resurrection characters, but for non-resurrection characters you just leave her for the end.  The fact that her resurrection mechanic is slower than others gives you an easy out there too - nearly kill the other character, kill She-hulk, and kill the other in the same turn.
    All in all, she's ok, but I don't think she'll see much use unless the other boosted 5*s are pretty poor.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5he-hulk is definitely feeling more like a garg-level release, if not a little bit worse.
    Like garg she has a niche team currently (HE for garg, and ihulk for 5he-hulk), and the possibility of pairing extremely well with future release that offer a specific function (blue battery for garg, and res for 5he-hulk).
    The problem for 5he-hulk is that her trick (resurrection) is less useful than garg's (massive raw damage), even if it is rarer. And both of them lack truly compelling secondary or tertiary abilities.
    kk/fosthor/chasm is looking like a better LT set than fosthor/chasm/5sh-hulk. Does anyone disagree?
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

kk/fosthor/chasm is looking like a better LT set than fosthor/chasm/5sh-hulk. Does anyone disagree?
    I agree with your assessment of SheHulk, but not so certain about which trio is better. It depends on the individuals current state of progression. 
    If I am an Ultra hoarder, and wish to unhoard and go straight to level 550 for 3 characters, I think SheHulk and Chasm have more scarecrow value. If I see a 550 chasm in the wild, I probably skip it. If I see a 550 SheHulk AND Chasm in the wild, it’s a hard skip. A 550 KK, on the other hand, would be tough, but not so hard. It’s possible to punch up against a 550KK than a 550 SheHulk and Chasm. 
    If I am a champ-em-all player, then a 450KK is more attractive than a 450 SheHulk. KK plays well with a few meta character like Oko, Apoc and Polaris. SheHulk, on the other hand, doesn’t bring much to the toolbox of a baby champ roster. 
    So I guess it depends. I am a champ-‘em-all player, so I would save some of my pulls for SheHulk, since I already champ KK.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It also depends on whether one primarily plays PVE or PVP. For those who only care about PVE, Kamala is the clearly superior one. For someone who's more into PVP, She-Hulk is better.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Options
    atomzed said:
    Vhailorx said:

I agree with your assessment of SheHulk, but not so certain about which trio is better. It depends on the individuals current state of progression. 
    If I am an Ultra hoarder, and wish to unhoard and go straight to level 550 for 3 characters, I think SheHulk and Chasm have more scarecrow value. If I see a 550 chasm in the wild, I probably skip it. If I see a 550 SheHulk AND Chasm in the wild, it’s a hard skip. A 550 KK, on the other hand, would be tough, but not so hard. It’s possible to punch up against a 550KK than a 550 SheHulk and Chasm. 
    If I am a champ-em-all player, then a 450KK is more attractive than a 450 SheHulk. KK plays well with a few meta character like Oko, Apoc and Polaris. SheHulk, on the other hand, doesn’t bring much to the toolbox of a baby champ roster. 
    So I guess it depends. I am a champ-‘em-all player, so I would save some of my pulls for SheHulk, since I already champ KK.

I am a baby-champ-many-of-'em player at this stage, and play more PVE than PVP, so that definitely colors my assessment. I tend not to spend much time worrying about the 550 game as I don't see to many of them at my MMR and certainly won't ever get there myself, but it's certainly interesting to hear your perspective on the scarecrow value of chasm/5he-hulk. If that pairing at 550 has real value then I can certainly see an argument for waiting to get both with a single hoard. 

I guess I just have some confidence that people will figure out new strats to tackle the various res teams that are starting to show up now, which will limit their long term scarecrow value. In the meantime, while I don't especially love KK as she seems a bit slow an fiddly to use well, a passive damage power that procs on a common action that one will likely be doing often in many matches seems like a worthwhile tool to collect for the toolbox (cf polaris).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think a lot broke for Thor/KK/Chasm. KK for Apocalypse + BRB I think. Also the dev will give the option to turn off banner in the future so she should be faster.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is 5he-Hulk’s god boost supposed to be active in Infinite Pursuit? Mine is not. PVP she is, but not the former. Thanks
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Glockoma said:
    Is 5he-Hulk’s god boost supposed to be active in Infinite Pursuit? Mine is not. PVP she is, but not the former. Thanks

She's boosted in the main... But not in the sub, lol.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Anyone thinking of bringing her into match where she will get killed with 1-2 match damage to trigger her destruction and damage increment? 40% health is just nice.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think a lot broke for Thor/KK/Chasm. KK for Apocalypse + BRB I think. Also the dev will give the option to turn off banner in the future so she should be faster.
    Just to be clear, they have never said they WOULD do this.  Only that they know it is an issue and they are looking into it.  This is their exact words from the last Q&A:

"We're investigating speeding up banners immensely, disabling them altogether, and making these sorts of options available via options."
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    A lot of QoL take time to implement due to legacy code or whatever terms they use. Once they sort it out, I think it would be possible. However, I think QoL is something for next year.