***** She-Hulk (Immortal) *****

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    And with this character, you have the additional annoyance of facing someone who revives AND can significantly shake the board and do damage. This is a 3/5/5 character all the way.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    His powers are just way too close to the Immortal Hulk to be a third Hulk in the 5* tier.  Not to mention we have yet to have three of the same characters in the same tier - it's already pretty excessive to have two.  On the other hand, these powers are extremely "Hulk like" so it seems very likely this is someone in the Hulk's Orbit.

Looking through lists, Abomination doesn't seem to have the "come back from the dead" power, at least as much, as the Hulk does, but he does regenerate.  This actually seems like a really great match for the Wendigo, who just plain can't be killed normally, but that's a pretty deep cut I think.
  • Tchezz
    Tchezz Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Reed Richards coming!!!
  • leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited August 2022
    A bit bummed that a rebalance of Banner isn’t more urgent.
    You were saying?
    Couldn't be more thrilled. Now it truly feels like the time to celebrate Hulk characters. So glad to know our asks are heard and delivered bigly. This first rebalance from the BCS sends a lot of promise to older character- excited to see more works to come. Call the swarm!
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    GrimSkald said:
    His powers are just way too close to the Immortal Hulk to be a third Hulk in the 5* tier.  Not to mention we have yet to have three of the same characters in the same tier - it's already pretty excessive to have two.  On the other hand, these powers are extremely "Hulk like" so it seems very likely this is someone in the Hulk's Orbit.

Looking through lists, Abomination doesn't seem to have the "come back from the dead" power, at least as much, as the Hulk does, but he does regenerate.  This actually seems like a really great match for the Wendigo, who just plain can't be killed normally, but that's a pretty deep cut I think.
    Immortal She-Hulk is a character that exists in Marvel, so it looks incredibly likely to simply be her.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a revive meta developing that could be super-annoying.
  • Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    I'm with the majority and believe this is Professor Hulk too. Seems like a decent character, but I think I'll pick KK over pHulk to unhoard on.

If this is another Hulk, I wouldn't be surprised if the special store release was a pHulk/iHulk/bHulk store especially with Banners rebalance. Or maybe with the new Genius affiliation it could be something like pHulk/IM/Doom. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:

Immortal She-Hulk is a character that exists in Marvel, so it looks incredibly likely to simply be her.

That seems incredibly likely.  Since they have the affiliation "Heroes" it can't be Abomination or Wendigo or something like that, and as I said, the powers are just too similar to iHulk to be another Banner.  It's completely redundant.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    GrimSkald said:

That seems incredibly likely.  Since they have the affiliation "Heroes" it can't be Abomination or Wendigo or something like that, and as I said, the powers are just too similar to iHulk to be another Banner.  It's completely redundant.
    Plus they've already said the 4* feeds this new 5*

KGB
  • VALACK
    VALACK Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    His power cost little high conpare with recent 5* characters...   liiiitle complain for that  :/
  • allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Eh, nothing here seems like it's cause for celebration, other than maybe that red passive if Smart Hulk had someone else who could reliably send enemies airborne for cheap.  Dude's just a tank.  I don't see it.
  • allen_koholic
    KGB said:
    If this character can be played with IHulk it would be almost impossible to win against a pair of them unless you fired an AOE that killed both at the same time so hopefully they can't be played toegether. I'm worried that even Smart Hulk + Chasm will be virtually impossible to down.

Sooner or later we are going to need a character who prevents revivals as a passive power, some kind of lord of the dead.

KGB
    Highly likely that this character will be a Hulk so that only one can exist on your team. Does Glidey’s blue prevent revivals?
    Does it prevent iHulk now?  I honestly don't know, which is why I'm asking.  I mean, I hope not.  Having a 4star that completely shuts down 5s is not ideal.

Also, while I'm ranting about Glidey - why the eff did they use the lock tile from Killmonger, rather than the sticky lock tile from Bagman?  And the trap thing is silly, but eh.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Eh, nothing here seems like it's cause for celebration, other than maybe that red passive if Smart Hulk had someone else who could reliably send enemies airborne for cheap.  Dude's just a tank.  I don't see it.
    He’s a fantastic partner for both JThor and Chasm. JThor will hide behind him and nuke anything to death, and this guy plus Chasm will be a huge pain to finish off. You gotta get both of them in one turn to end the match
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, chasm needs some requeriments to revive.
    Ihulk severely damages himself and allies.
    This character revives for free, tanking everything, and only requires alive partners.
    In other words, an excellent 5* character, if not another meta one.
  • allen_koholic
    edited August 2022
    Bad said:
    Also, chasm needs some requeriments to revive.
    Ihulk severely damages himself and allies.
    This character revives for free, tanking everything, and only requires alive partners.
    In other words, an excellent 5* character, if not another meta one.
    Yea, I guess that was what I was trying to say - he might not be terrible, but I don't think he's going to end up being meta.  I'm not worried about him and Chasm, since Smart Hulk will most likely be tanking Green and Black over Chasm, which really only leaves Purple matches to generate Abyss tiles.  As an exmaple - No one cares about Sersi, and she can at least minorly influence her revive conditions.

iHulk's revive is neat and occasionally annoying with the team damage, but his trick is that green AOE.  Without that, no one would use him.  With that, plus Okoye or Apoc or another dmg booster, it's insane.  There's no in-between.  Honestly, none of the revivers are good at what they do because of the revive (unless you end up in an Ikaris lock).  If there's another character that can reliably send enemies airborn and Smart Hulks red passive works as it reads AND it's a decent amount of damage (20% plus), then Smart Hulk becomes insane.  Otherwise, he's a tank, but there's already a bunch of those that probably have better kits.

All of this is assuming that he can't be run with iHulk, which would be bonkers broken.  Ikaris+iHulk+this dude is almost an auto-winfinite.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this one really smart hulk? The clue seems to point to that, but still these skills seem primitive to me, specially the revive is not something for Banner-Hulk mixed. 
    If he was hulk, being the same character couldn't run together. 
    If not , yes. Nobody has a high leveled Ihulk and both share same colors but different order, so Ihulk only would tank green.
    After this character dying once Ihulk wouldn't tank nothing. 
    However this character needs one turn for to revive. Their partners are vulnerable then, Ihulk could die.
    This character uses their green skill. Would that mean for free? This character could damage a lot with that green creating cascades: if that green power is for free this character easily could be meta.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Chasm will tank everything but red on Hulk until Hulk revives twice. There will be abyss tiles all over the place
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Information on the newest 5-Star to join the game, the Immortal Jen Walters, the She-Hulk!
  • Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited August 2022
    KGB said:
    If this character can be played with IHulk it would be almost impossible to win against a pair of them unless you fired an AOE that killed both at the same time so hopefully they can't be played toegether. I'm worried that even Smart Hulk + Chasm will be virtually impossible to down.

Sooner or later we are going to need a character who prevents revivals as a passive power, some kind of lord of the dead.

KGB
    Highly likely that this character will be a Hulk so that only one can exist on your team. Does Glidey’s blue prevent revivals?
    Pretty sure immortal hulk and immortal she-hulk will be playable together. Yikes, the revive meta is going to be real! 
    This presumably means stuns and disables such as glidey’s are going to be at an absolute premium on upcoming releases to prevent all the nonsense.
    Not a great deal of stun on meta 5star chars at present, right? Maybe 5*Jane and iceman will be the combo to shut down zombieland?
  • Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    edited August 2022
    Gymp28 said:
    KGB said:

KGB
    Pretty sure immortal hulk and immortal she-hulk will be playable together. Yikes, the revive meta is going to be real! 
    This presumably means stuns and disables such as glidey’s are going to be at an absolute premium on upcoming releases to prevent all the nonsense.
    Not a great deal of stun on meta 5star chars at present, right? Maybe 5*Jane and iceman will be the combo to shut down zombieland?
    It will interesting to see if you can play both hulks together. They both have (Immortal) in there under name. I don't you can play them together, but I can be wrong. 

If you can play them together. Expect the 550 players to come out for these 3.