Waking Nightmare - Gorr Boss Event Information (7/20/22)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    45,317 in round 8
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    45,317 in round 8
    Fantastic! Thanks!
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anyone know which Event tokens did this Waking Nightmare PVE take its stash from? It is because as this is a new PVE Alliance event, I have already quite a few tokens in its vault when it start.

• NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm likely gonna miss out on full progression rewards for both personal and alliance tracks, only like half my alliance is active, and I spent like a full 24 hours plus in bed sick mid event unfortunately. Oh well. Still appreciate the regular boss events with solid rewards from the new devs. I also liked both the new style of no required characters we got this time around and the heroic reduced usable characters from the last one. Fun variation. Hope they keep it up.

Maybe we could get an alliance boss event with required characters like the standard boss events, then a harder heroic rerun of the event every month, plus an additional non alliance boss event for the new 5* of the month, where you can play solo, at your own pace, with any team of characters you want. Or we could choose from varied difficulty levels of each boss event to participate in, like an SCL for boss events sorta. No character requirements for SCL 1, required character nodes for SCL 2, heroic character restriction for SCL 3. You could eam better personal rewards for each progressive SCL, or just more points per node for the more difficult versions. That way the players who are down for increased difficulty get rewarded for their effort, but the players who don't like the restriction aren't forced to play the heroic version of the event to play it at all. Incentivize the players to take the challenge rather than require them to. 
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wingX said:
    Anyone know which Event tokens did this Waking Nightmare PVE take its stash from? It is because as this is a new PVE Alliance event, I have already quite a few tokens in its vault when it start.

Just a guess but initially the artwork was Gargantos so maybe that?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I noticed that the goons that put down green cd don't create them in green basic tile. I had a purple match-4 next turn and it destroyed my match-4 by turning one of the purple tiles to green cd.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,843 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Alliance was able to finish Round 8 and no doubt the loaners and lack of requirement of Essentials was a massive help to some of our younger roster players so it will be very interesting to see what happens when the event is re-run again (assuming that it is going to be of course). 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    This will be especially interesting when you can't bring Characters who mitigate the damage from the invisible goons.
    Doing this with the Dark Avengers would have been... Not fun.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    This will be especially interesting when you can't bring Characters who mitigate the damage from the invisible goons.

This.  It would have been a real healthpack sink, if it was even possible, to do this with just scorpion and and AV.  By saturday night the invisible creeps were doing 10k each time they came back from invis, and by sunday I don't know if even boosted scorpion would have been able to one-shot them.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,057 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Bowgentle said:

This.  It would have been a real healthpack sink, if it was even possible, to do this with just scorpion and and AV.  By saturday night the invisible creeps were doing 10k each time they came back from invis, and by sunday I don't know if even boosted scorpion would have been able to one-shot them.

Boss events like these are why it's nice to still be in 4* land where roster based scaling meant they were only doing 3-4K.

KGB
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,751 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Bowgentle said:

If you’re not a sandbagger who waits until your alliance has you in round 7 before you start putting the effort in, then you only really had to face them a couple of times before you hit 900k. I was at about 700k before they got to a troublesome amount of damage.

By then as a worst case scenario I could have still finished the event just on boss flips or doing the non new goon nodes.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KGB said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Bowgentle said:

Boss events like these are why it's nice to still be in 4* land where roster based scaling meant they were only doing 3-4K.

KGB
    Amen to that!
    I just took Juggs/Gamora/Grocket to every side node and let Juggs wipe out the invis-goons.

Did the same on my alt (which is in soft-capped 3* Land).
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agreed, it is going to need careful testing if this event runs again with a limited roster. I found it very easy with a full roster but the invisible goons were doing 15,000 damage a time on the last day. Without being able to use top tier characters I think this would go beyond being a challenge and into the realms of the impossible.

One other point - not knowing who you are going to face on the wave nodes is a real issue if you want to select a suitable team. With standard story events they run so often that you can normally remember, but that isn't the case with alliance events.
  • ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    Options

One other point - not knowing who you are going to face on the wave nodes is a real issue if you want to select a suitable team. With standard story events they run so often that you can normally remember, but that isn't the case with alliance events.
    The presence of amalgamated shadows made such a difference that I actually started reading the mission text to try to find clues. I discovered that when the text included phrasing like “Gorr’s minions” or “creatures from the shadow realm” it meant you were probably going to face amalgamated shadows. If that text wasn’t present you would face tile movers or non-shadow goons. It was pretty reliable though my sample size was admittedly small.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Honestly I think Dark Avengers could handle the stealth shadows more easily. They don't re-stealth unless you deal enough damage at once, correct? Just stay below the threshold and you only have to deal with the one free hit. I know compared to the team I ran, DA would take less damage vs these goons.

This is based on my understanding that their ability works like 5BP
  • ArchusMonk
    Options
    Honestly I think Dark Avengers could handle the stealth shadows more easily. They don't re-stealth unless you deal enough damage at once, correct? Just stay below the threshold and you only have to deal with the one free hit. I know compared to the team I ran, DA would take less damage vs these goons.

This is based on my understanding that their ability works like 5BP
    The text on the first page says every set amount of health, and when I read the text in game it specified every 25% health, and that is the way I recall it working when I fought them, so I had to stun them after the free hit and kill them before it wore off. 
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If you deal less than 25% health in one attack doesn't that stop the stealthing?

Could you defeat them easily with 5 hits of 20%? (I didn't test this, but I assumed this was like 5* Black Panther) 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    KGB said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Bowgentle said:

KGB
    Am I missing something?  I though scaling for all boss event nodes was universal (even the side nodes after the first 3 refreshes). Do the side nodes key off of level?  I had thought they were fixed like boss health (which is why it really really benefits weaker rosters to jump in early and maxmimize playing time before the side nodes are all level 400+ on Sunday).
    It's not an obstacle for my roster so much as time sink, but it would suck for 5* transitioners.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,057 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    KGB said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Bowgentle said:

KGB
    Am I missing something?  I though scaling for all boss event nodes was universal (even the side nodes after the first 3 refreshes). Do the side nodes key off of level?  I had thought they were fixed like boss health (which is why it really really benefits weaker rosters to jump in early and maxmimize playing time before the side nodes are all level 400+ on Sunday).
    It's not an obstacle for my roster so much as time sink, but it would suck for 5* transitioners.

They still scale off roster level. The last thing in the game that does. Side nodes for me never get higher than 320ish which is just below my roster level.

This is why the Dark Avengers heroic boss event was so hard on 5* players because they were getting side nodes scaled for 5* champ character levels even though the limited characters were almost all far below that level (even the boosted champed 4*) minus the 3 5* characters. For me, it was a walk in the park with boosted 4* because they destroyed L320ish side nodes.

They really need to look into fixing this if they are going with heroic events in the future. Ideally just scale side nodes based on available characters.

KGB
  • ArchusMonk
    Options
    If you deal less than 25% health in one attack doesn't that stop the stealthing?

Could you defeat them easily with 5 hits of 20%? (I didn't test this, but I assumed this was like 5* Black Panther) 
    I didn’t specifically test this since I just stunned them once I realized why I was taking so much damage. I feel like I was triggering the stun without doing more than 25% of their base health damage, however.  Also, the text of their power does not read the same as BP’s power. I know that doesn’t necessarily prove anything though. Experiments can be done when/if this is run again.