Waking Nightmare - Gorr Boss Event Information (7/20/22)

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
edited July 2022 in MPQ General Discussion
Loaned Characters
Mission Pins: A character will be loaned for each pin (so if Valkyrie is specified, a version of her will be loaned)
Gorr: Thor (Modern), Valkyrie, Thor (Mighty Thor)

Featured Characters
5-Stars: Beta Ray Bill, Gamora, Loki, Star-Lord, Thor (Gladiator), Thor (Mighty Thor)
4-Stars: Drax, Gamora, Loki, Mantis, Nebula, Rocket & Groot, Star-Lord, Thor (Goddess), Throg, Valkyrie, Yondu
3-Stars: Gamora, Loki, Rocket & Groot, Star-Lord, Thor
2-Stars: Thor

Boss Changes
Black - Raised the base amount of damage and threshold for the culling strike portion of the ability.

Yellow - Raised number of initial Minions (max level 8), raised number of created Minions per use (max level 5), raised base damage reduction from 5% to 8%.

New Minions - Shadow Monsters
These minions do not make matches on their own.

Amalgamated Shadow
Generates 1 Black and 1 Purple AP per turn.

Fade - Black PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Summoned from the shadows, these monsters fade back into the darkness with ease - only to strike where you least expect. On battle start, when summoned, and for every set health they lose, the Shadow goes invisible for 1 turn. When returning from being Invisible, the Shadow deals damage.

Lurk - 7 Purple AP
The Shadow Monster lurks, readying to strike their prey, choosing a random enemy and creating a 3-turn Countdown tile that deals damage to that character and converts 4 random basic tiles to Black.

Amorphous Shadow
Generates 1 Yellow and 1 Green AP per turn

Creep - 6 Green AP
The Shadow Monster creeps, readying to strike their prey, choosing a random enemy and creating a 3-turn Countdown tile that deals damage to that character and converts 3 random basic tiles to Yellow.

Ambush - 7 Yellow AP
The Shadow Monster's amorphous form congeals and conforms to strike where least expected. Creates a 3-turn Countdown tile that deals damage and destroys 3 random enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles. (Destroyed tiles do not generate AP).

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Huh, new goons? Cool.

Were the round rewards posted yet?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So is this a heroic style event, @IceIX? Seems like it, just with more loaners. Want to double check though. 
  • IceIX
    Options
    So is this a heroic style event, @IceIX? Seems like it, just with more loaners. Want to double check though. 
    It is not. Just themed around Love and Thunder related characters.
    DeNappa said:
    Huh, new goons? Cool.

Were the round rewards posted yet?
    In the What's New thread, yes.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Don’t worry too much. Rumors are when it’s next up in a month, it will be another Heroic. 
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree that heroic boss PvE is fun, but I also think that we probably shouldn't have two heroic boss events in a row nor should we have it be heroic the first time it is run.

I also want to point out, this is a change of pace to give loaners for side nodes in a non-heroic boss event. I don't think that has been done before. It should assist newer players.
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    Featured Characters
    5-Stars: Beta Ray Bill, Gamora, Loki, Star-Lord, Thor (Gladiator), Thor (Mighty Thor)
    4-Stars: Drax, Gamora, Loki, Mantis, Nebula, Rocket & Groot, Star-Lord, Thor (Goddess), Throg, Valkyrie, Yondu

So are we only going to be able to play with all of these characters only?
    Because I dont see any problem.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sounds interesting, hopefully the goons' turns will be fast and not like AIM jerks.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    9RMetal said:
    Featured Characters

So are we only going to be able to play with all of these characters only?
    Because I dont see any problem.
    No. You can use anyone. I really wish that they went with just these characters. I’m guessing there would have been much fewer complaints. The loaners would allow everyone access, getting rid of the “locking out new players” complaint. And two top 10 metas are available, so the people who only chase good characters would be satiated as well. My guess is that we wouldn’t hear a peep. Instead we went back to same old vanilla (if anything they made it even easier). 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I like new goons. Is there a possibility the dev creates new goons based off Infinity War or End Game? For example, Outriders, Chitauri Gorillas, Leviathans and Chitauri etc.

Based on the post about what has been rumoured from Discord, it reminded me of training mode. First run = training mode. Second run = complain mode.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Amalgamated Shadow
    Generates 1 Black and 1 Purple AP per turn.

Fade - Black PASSIVE
    (PASSIVE) Summoned from the shadows, these monsters fade back into the darkness with ease - only to strike where you least expect. On battle start, when summoned, and for every set health they lose, the Shadow goes invisible for 1 turn. When returning from being Invisible, the Shadow deals damage.

Lurk - 7 Purple AP
    The Shadow Monster lurks, readying to strike their prey, choosing a random enemy and creating a 3-turn Countdown tile that deals damage to that character and converts 4 random basic tiles to Black.
    They generate Black AP for their passive ability?
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is showing up as Peer into Madness right now.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dianetics said:
    If you click on the event rules, it displays as Waking Nightmare. I assume this is a display error, albeit a rather confusing one.  Hopefully it can be fixed before the event starts. 
  • samael64
    samael64 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Looks like it has been fixed.
  • IceIX
    Options
    dianetics said:
    If you click on the event rules, it displays as Waking Nightmare. I assume this is a display error, albeit a rather confusing one.  Hopefully it can be fixed before the event starts. 
    It was. Wrong Boss Event card was displayed. All fixed now.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    With a favorite BRB , no one should be complaining. I know Mantis’ perma stun and Gamora’s Activate InstaKill will have to be voided or nerfed . I have to admit I liked last months challenge better, this roster available is a walk in the dark.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Excited to try out the new minions. Also, thanks for providing loaners! That's super helpful for the smaller rosters in my alliance family.