Waking Nightmare - Gorr Boss Event Information (7/20/22)

Options

Comments

• Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Bowgentle said:
    baffled by anyone cheering the lack of required characters. 
    People don't quite understand that it's not only a non-heroic event, but also that the required characters aren't actually required, only mildly suggested.
    Which is definitely a bug.
    Intended actually, but don't really want to call it out big time because we want to see what overall player uptake is on the event organically. Doesn't help if we do a message of the day and say "Hey, everyone, just come in and play! Loaners all over and use who you want!" since that will get people that weren't intending to interact interacting.
    Are there any other metrics you're looking for besides participation? Such as individual and alliance completion of the event? Length of time to complete vs other events? Are there any plans to send out a survey to see how players felt about it?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Bowgentle said:
    baffled by anyone cheering the lack of required characters. 
    People don't quite understand that it's not only a non-heroic event, but also that the required characters aren't actually required, only mildly suggested.
    Which is definitely a bug.
    Intended actually, but don't really want to call it out big time because we want to see what overall player uptake is on the event organically. Doesn't help if we do a message of the day and say "Hey, everyone, just come in and play! Loaners all over and use who you want!" since that will get people that weren't intending to interact interacting.
    Oh wow, interesting, the polar opposite of the last event, then.
    Thank you for the info, I stand corrected.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @Heartbreaksoup the dev is working on that and here's the quote from reddit:

Appreciate the post and great discussion surrounding it. Flavor text and screen real-estate are indeed a problem and one that does need addressing. We are looking at a multi-pronged solution. Part of that solution is creating two versions of ability text: one with flavor text and one without. Another part is making better use of screen space and improved UX. Lastly, work is being done to standardize ability descriptions to make them more concise and legible. MPQ's format of play and rich inspiration make flavor text important, but certainly not at the cost of a poor user experience.

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Why is there two different 4* rewards in progression?  I see R&G cover and Gorr shards.  This doesn't seem like the norm.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    They also added an extra 75 5* shards.

Also, I realised I have 20 Waking Nightmare tokens. Where did that come from?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is it ok to encourage a better participation?
    Right now they are giving 2 5* covers of a certainly new meta character and it's totally for free. Not required characters, good loaners.
    Nobody has any excuse to get those high level rewards without really breaking a sweat.
    Players who won't get those covers will be because their alliance isn't reliable.
    The problem isn't the event, isn't the rewards, the problem are the players who aren't interested.
    Perhaps it would be better to lessen the rewards for the alliance and to enhance individual rewards and adding difficulty levels.
    Then each interested player would fight and will have fun to get those valuable rewards in a meaningful way.
    Right now there is no other game giving these type of rewards so easily, I think, and it's not fair for the active, grinding players to depend so much on people who are on vacation.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited July 2022
    Options
    It's 2 + 75 5* shards now. The dev is really generous. Hopefully, players won't flip the tables on them this Sep/Oct.
  • Bad
    Options
    Instead of giving 2 5* covers and 2 75 5* shards it would be better less alliance rewards and more individual rewards and having difficulty levels according to 4* and 5* rewards. 
    Then each player would enjoy the event as not all the rosters are the same and never will. 
    And each player roster tells about the player engage and interest to the game. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    This is alliance event: All for one and one for all.
  • Bad
    edited July 2022
    Options
    This is alliance event: All for one and one for all.
    And in the way I'm talking about that would be true too.
    But the difference would be that not all players would be lowered to the easiest difficulty level for to see if uninterested players raise the participation, and at the same time each player would get the rewards which each player works out. 
    You know, because gifts are nice and all that but there is a limit: the one which devalues all rewards in game. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,751 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

The sky isn't falling just because we're getting a couple of 5* covers for little work.
    Yeah hopefully when we start to cover 5* much faster and easier it will quicken the road to 6*
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    Bowgentle said:

The sky isn't falling just because we're getting a couple of 5* covers for little work.
    Yeah hopefully when we start to cover 5* much faster and easier it will quicken the road to 6*
    "we" are the top 1% players of the game.
    Nothing we do will influence the game, unless we collectively stop spending.

The other 99% of players will get maybe a single 5* cover, which they'll need a roster slot for.

The 1% will save maybe 50 Latest pulls with those covers, which is nice, but seriously, does it change much for us?
  • Birdy
    Birdy Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Personally speaking, I'm loving the changes to these Boss Events.
    4* covers, 4* shards, 5* covers & 5* shards. Long may it continue  B)
  • Bad
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Nothing we do will influence the game, unless we collectively stop spending.

The other 99% of players will get maybe a single 5* cover, which they'll need a roster slot for.

The 1% will save maybe 50 Latest pulls with those covers, which is nice, but seriously, does it change much for us?
    My god, the arguments in here.
    Before talking about fallacies, you should know where the revenues come in this game.
    And it's not on that group anymore.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,751 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

I'm not the top 1% :( 

I doubt I'm even the top 10%  :D
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Also, I realised I have 20 Waking Nightmare tokens. Where did that come from?
    Now THAT I’m curious about. I only have 3 so far: 2 from personal progression (with one more coming), and 1 from alliance  progression. 

Does anyone else have 20 tokens?
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lack of difficulty on this is kind of a bummer.  My steam account is breezing through round 4 in my very casual alliance using just the loaners.  That account is a 2* transitioning to 3*.  Seems way too easy.  

My main account is one shotting everything including a turn one whipping of level 6 Gorr with a small cascade.  I really liked the heroic much better than this.  That said the extra rewards are nice and appreciated.  But boss events should feel somewhat tough and have some kind of sense of accomplishment.  This does not hit that mark.  
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't get what the issue is with people getting more/better rewards lol.  It's not like suddenly new/casual players are suddenly going to be stomping pvp or anything.

I always hear people champing every 5* and that's waaaay beyond me.  I tend to hoard and then pull when there's a trio I want/like in LL.  I did it once for onslaught/apoc/killmonger, again for sw/ronan/knull, and will unload again for kamala/jane/(either shuma or new 5*).  So in 2~3 years I basically have those 6 champed and....beta ray bill lol.

I've been doing scl10 for a while now, but having a 5* from new rewards is just a nice bonus and lets me not be screwed when they're a required node.  Even if I manage a couple more powers, might be slightly stronger than the loaner in pvp lol.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2022
    Options
    revskip said:
    Lack of difficulty on this is kind of a bummer.  My steam account is breezing through round 4 in my very casual alliance using just the loaners.  That account is a 2* transitioning to 3*.  Seems way too easy.  

My main account is one shotting everything including a turn one whipping of level 6 Gorr with a small cascade.  I really liked the heroic much better than this.  That said the extra rewards are nice and appreciated.  But boss events should feel somewhat tough and have some kind of sense of accomplishment.  This does not hit that mark.  
    Day 2 minions : Hold my shade 

I don’t even see damage reduction working . Days 3 and 4 if increased again will have people complaining the exact opposite