Waking Nightmare - Gorr Boss Event Information (7/20/22)

Options

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I just read. Had not had the strength of will to read all that text describing his abilities. Will probably be an awful drag later on.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Morbius wipes out all the minions which is nice 
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    qandols said:
    It's strangely scaled. A level 50 or 100 enemy should not have that much HP. He also seems to take a lot less damage than would be expected. Ah, well.
    Assuming this might be like Gargantos was. He started with a good health pool that was the same for rounds 1-5, but between rounds 5-8, he only increased 7k in total. So hopefully Gorr follows suit and although he’s starting at 18k, he’ll only get up to ~25-26k by the end. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,057 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Think the event is bugged? Don't seem to need to use the Essential characters for the side nodes?
    Same here.

This is one bug they don't need to hotfix :D

KGB
  • FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Why is the round progress points empty? I’ve won 2 boss levels and 1 node so far. 
    Never seen this before, is it a UI upgrade? 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,751 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    3/3/3 loaner.  Can I just pay 2000hp and have all the rewards. Everyone can just go back to rejoicing a weekend off playing a game.

Please, please add clearance levels to boss fights for those of us that actually want a challenge once per month and those that want a weekend off can.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @FairyBlades52

You likely hit it and flipped the boss. Your points weren't lost. They went into ending that round. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why is the round progress points empty? I’ve won 2 boss levels and 1 node so far. 
    Never seen this before, is it a UI upgrade? 
    This is the time needed for to change round and sometimes it gets frozen.
    Don't play nodes when it's on 0 because it won't count.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,519 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anybody else think he has too much health for the early rounds?
  • FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @FairyBlades52

You likely hit it and flipped the boss. Your points weren't lost. They went into ending that round. 
    Thank you, when I played another round I saw the points. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dianetics said:
    Anybody else think he has too much health for the early rounds?
    It's his damage reduction. If he gets 8 fortified repeaters (and he will), he will be really hard to kill with a 64% damage reduction. 
    So gamora and SW will be the key.
    But you all don't worry, we have full access and freedom to our roster, isn't it?
  • Dok12
    Dok12 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I’m the type of person that likes when games lay out challenges for me (“solve this but you only have these things available”) rather than purposely “playing down” just to create a challenge for myself.  I like playing optimally, and liked that “optimal” looked different last heroic event. Just like the god boosts make “optimal” different every week as well. I don’t even know what Gorr does (sadly I made it through his PvP, PVE, and shield training without reading his powers!), but I’m guessing he can be Hulkoye or shangfinited like every other boss.

I'm with you on this one - there's a definite difference to saying "here's a big toolbox, if you don't want to use the best tools you can use random ones that still get the job done slower" and "here's some random tools, work out the best ones for the job". Now that the nodes arent even restricted to the characters I am playing optimally by using my best characters, but its a far cry from the sense of working things out and danger from the last event.

(also, huge fan of your 5* rating thread, it's so informative and I'm using it as my guide as I slowly transition into 5* land) 

qandols
    said:
    Yeah I just read. Had not had the strength of will to read all that text describing his abilities. Will probably be an awful drag later on.
    Also this - I love the flavor that the devs are giving the powers, but the text boxes in mobile are becoming really dense and hard to see at a glance. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,519 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    It's his damage reduction. If he gets 8 fortified repeaters (and he will), he will be really hard to kill with a 64% damage reduction. 
    So gamora and SW will be the key.
    But you all don't worry, we have full access and freedom to our roster, isn't it?
    I threw Morbius in and it was a cakewalk after i posted my comment.
  • ImmortalZodd
    ImmortalZodd Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ares76 said:
    IceIX said:
    So is this a heroic style event, @IceIX? Seems like it, just with more loaners. Want to double check though. 
    It is not. Just themed around Love and Thunder related characters.
    DeNappa said:
    Huh, new goons? Cool.

Were the round rewards posted yet?
    In the What's New thread, yes.
    Ugh. I hate the complainers who make sure everything is the same, watered down, and not a challenge. This is why we can’t have nice things. 

Oh well. 
    Why do you want this to be this a challenge for everyone? 

If you want this brand-new boss-event to challenge you feel free restricting yourself to only using those boosted characters or only using 3-stars or whatever you want. 

In the last Heroics Boss Event I used the only 3 available five-stars Goblin, Yelena and SamDaken most of the time and it bored me to hell. If I were allowed to use everyone I sure would have played more different combos -  that actually would have synergies on top of that. 

This new possibility to earn two covers of the newest five-star is too important for most of us so that nobody should be locked out who decided not to champ them all or is fairly new to the game.

Every trio in Latest could be someone's first three five-star champs. Why let them miss those two covers because he doesn't have a broad roster?
    Totally agree Ares76- if players want to challenge themselves and only use the boosted characters, go nuts, but having limiting everyone else because you think its too easy is wrong-headed.

The last event wasn't challenging in terms of strategy- it was solely a roster check which if you didn't have the "right" characters became an exercise in frustration. While my champed Agent Venom carried the rest of my random Dark Avengers through the event, other alliance members were grinding partial points on every attempt at Gargantos.  

Shield Clearance Levels is the equivalent of a roster check for other content, but the purpose of boss events is to allow alliances to work together on group progression goals.  To leave the players with less complete rosters to fend for themselves from round 1 because of hard roster requirements doesn't feel great. 
  • danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    baffled by anyone cheering the lack of required characters. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    People don't quite understand that it's not only a non-heroic event, but also that the required characters aren't actually required, only mildly suggested.
    Which is definitely a bug.
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @FairyBlades52

Thank you, when I played another round I saw the points. 
    I also close the app and restart it just to ensure the points show up. Excessive, probably, but it’s not time-sensitive so not too much of an inconvenience for me.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    The dev has confirmed that not requiring specific character in essential node was a deliberate decision because they want to try and review something.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/comments/w4kz08/gorrs_allience_event_is_glitched_essential_nodes/

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    People don't quite understand that it's not only a non-heroic event, but also that the required characters aren't actually required, only mildly suggested.
    Which is definitely a bug.
    Intended actually, but don't really want to call it out big time because we want to see what overall player uptake is on the event organically. Doesn't help if we do a message of the day and say "Hey, everyone, just come in and play! Loaners all over and use who you want!" since that will get people that weren't intending to interact interacting.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    qandols said:

This is something I wish the developers would consider: the text for most characters is small enough.  When you add "character color" about the hero or villain within that text box, it is smaller still.  Please be mindful of that.  Learning "what's limiting my team's damage to this dude" shouldn't require a pair of reading glasses because the font size has shrunk to quantum-realm level to incorporate gobbledygook about eternity, shadow dimensions, endless loneliness and ancient weapons.