MPQ What's New July (Updated 7/20/22)

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you :)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assume this is “cool new stepdad” behavior in regards to then sudden generosity. We’ll see how long it persists 
  • Notepaddy
    Notepaddy Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Maybe I missed an announcement, but thank you for all the 4 and 5 star PvP events. Hopefully it's the new normal.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Of course it's an issue. Every companies involved in MPQ from Disney/Marvel to 505 is here for one main reason: to make money. Players don't spend when they can get covers easily. Yes, it boosts engagement but when it doesn't boost revenue, it's a big problem. Base on what I see in forums, min-max and "dedicated" players seldom spend on the game. However, they're always requesting dev to increase rewards.

If you want MPQ to shutdown quicker, get the dev to be even more generous, without reasonable tradeoffs.
    You are presuming that we already exist at the optimized point. If we were, then yes, they would need to take something while they give something to maintain equilibrium. However, especially with character/cover dilution (which will be increasing come September), opening the spigot on covers is probably good for the game. They mentioned in the Q&A that they'll likely be making resources more available as well, but I don't expect those to increase as much because it's the resource management/pressure points and time vs money that get us to spend.
  • Milmanias
    Milmanias Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Notepaddy said:
    Maybe I missed an announcement, but thank you for all the 4 and 5 star PvP events. Hopefully it's the new normal.
    I second this! PVP was getting stale having to mostly use 3*s. Thanks for the variety.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Love that you used Heimdall as the Odin placeholder . Now my second and third highest characters are boosted this week. Thanks for easy PvP week.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    I think they mentioned making resources more available due to 5*/3* roll out but I might have missed out something else about additional resources.

If competitive 100% F2P players like me can catch up to 5* and 4* releases with a little extra resources left, I think it's pretty optimal. With these increase in 5* covers, those in top alliances and top 10 placements would need even fewer pulls. They would be getting 1500 shards + 2 covers via boss events. They need to pull 8*7*3= 168 LTs now, instead of ~189 LTs to cover all 5*. 

While I was in another thread about pity timer, I realised that the additional release of 5* covers could signify a change in LT pull rate in the future. The dev mentioned about fulfilling players' requests and pity timer is one of those I've seen a few times. Maybe they are going to include pity timer in CP pulls and change the pull rate from 1:7 to 1:9.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    We're in general discussion afterall. If we have the ins and outs of the game, we'll be talking in California sitting across the meeting room. 

I'm more worried about the dev once they revealed their cards.  :/
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    My concern is that those 2x earnable covers may signal a reduction in time in latest or something. Has anyone done the math on the season to season token changeovers va the old way? I know it’s supposed to be about the same, but I’m curious about the number of weeks.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    It’s the same time but just different days: Thursday instead on Monday. Every 4 weeks. 
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2022

Reddit and these forums were filled with vocal people hating on the event for reasons that were the point of the event. We have literally dozens of events that work without restrictions. We should be able to have heroics exist as something different, more challenging but more rewarding if successful. 
    Are you entirely sure you're not just a HoS puppet? You're both VERY adept at missing the entire point of a thread and honing in on the very worst point presented in it.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2022
    Erm, why is Odin boosted again even though he's not meant to be in the current list?

If I'm not mistaken Heimdall was boosted in Riri's pvp but he's not anymore in Thor's.

Edit: I checked and Heimdall is boosted in Strange Sights.
  • Bowgentle
    Bzhai said:
    Erm, why is Odin boosted again even though he's not meant to be in the current list?

If I'm not mistaken Heimdall was boosted in Riri's pvp but he's not anymore in Thor's.
    Yeah can we please NOT have Odin as placeholder anymore?
    Maybe do something inoffensive like Wasp, where it doesn't matter if you keep her boosted for months.
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle said:
    Bzhai said:

Maybe do something inoffensive like Wasp, where it doesn't matter if you keep her boosted for months.
    Maybe we’ve discussed it already, but what’s wrong with TBD? Or 5*TBD?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle said:
    Bzhai said:

Maybe we’ve discussed it already, but what’s wrong with TBD? Or 5*TBD?
    That's fine, as long as we don't get a month of Odin or Colossus in a row.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    That's fine, as long as we don't get a month of Odin or Colossus in a row.
    I'd LOVE a month of boosted 5Colossus. That was seriously AWESOME in both PVE and PVP last week!
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll gladly take boosted Colossus over boosted Ronan any day of the week.