There is!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boss event?? is on day 21
  • nixed
    nixed Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Maybe it's just my experience as someone who only has 300 days played, but Boosted 5-stars, specifically boosted 5-star Colossus in PvP really just constantly distort the matchmaking to an extreme level. Please consider re-evaluating who gets boosted and with what frequency.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The daily news mentioned using a Thor for a daily token but that didn't seem active yet when I tried it just now. I'm unsure when the start time for that is supposed to be. 
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The daily news mentioned using a Thor for a daily token but that didn't seem active yet when I tried it just now. I'm unsure when the start time for that is supposed to be. 

Same but they way it was phrased was odd. It made it sound like there's a special event to use them.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's active now, I got a vault token for using 5* Thor in Deadpool's Daily.
  • Deku_Scrub
    Deku_Scrub Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Wait im confused is there or isn't there a boss event scheduled for July? 😕
    There is!
    Nooice 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nixed said:
    Maybe it's just my experience as someone who only has 300 days played, but Boosted 5-stars, specifically boosted 5-star Colossus in PvP really just constantly distort the matchmaking to an extreme level. Please consider re-evaluating who gets boosted and with what frequency.
    I mean it's not like they're boosting Colossus every week. I'd argue that boosted Ronan is more of a pain in the Talos than Colossus is. Even for lightning rounds I'm much more likely to skip teams with a Ronan than a Colossus. As for Colossus bring a stun team-up and then go to town on him and maybe have a nuke ready for him to take him out if you can't kill him off before the stun ends. 
  • emswad
    emswad Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    PVE - Out of Time. I don’t remember this one. New?
    Out of Time is one of the sub names for Infinite Pursuit 
  • Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    emswad said:
    PVE - Out of Time. I don’t remember this one. New?
    Out of Time is one of the sub names for Infinite Pursuit 
    Good catch! Infinite Pursuit makes sense. In the previous cycle, Infinite Pursuit also ran after Operation Spider Silk.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gross... Boosted Colossus is the worst to fight against and one of my least favorites to fight.

Bare minimum PVP for me until he is un-boosted. 

Same goes for Wanda
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wanda is totally neutered this PVP by Thor taking out her repeater.
    Colossus on the other hand... Yeah, it's rough.
  • Xax
    Xax Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is the boss event really running alongside Deadpool Vs MPQ?
  • BradUF
    BradUF Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Xax said:
    I think wonder if it’s going to be like the last we’re they only allow a subset of the roster 
  • bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Xax said:
    I hope it is. That means double the rewards.

Or perhaps it'll be a choice the player can make between the usual Deadpool PVE , or a Heroic event where only a small selection of characters can be used. 

Whatever the deal, I just want the 5-star covers again!
  • Xax
    Xax Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    bladewing said:
    Xax said:
    I hope it is. That means double the rewards.

Or perhaps it'll be a choice the player can make between the usual Deadpool PVE , or a Heroic event where only a small selection of characters can be used. 

Whatever the deal, I just want the 5-star covers again!
    I definitely won't poo poo the extra rewards :)

But time commitment will be hard for a lot of people if it's not a choice like you suggested. I know everyone doesn't have to play everything, but we do like to try. 
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I like the idea of offering an alternative for the people that don't enjoy heroics.
    The problem is, alliance events aren't exactly optional. All active alliances, even more casual daily play ones who normally don't care about events, are interested that their members play alliance events. If they don't, they're hurting their whole alliance' chances at the rewards.
    So the people that want to avoid heroic events really can't actually just decide to skip a boss and play the normal PvE instead. Or, I mean, they can-- but it sucks for the alliance and as a commander you'd have to throw them out of the alliance so you can get people who will actually participate in the alliance event.
    If you want heroic events to be optional (again, I think that's a great idea), imo, they can't be alliance events. Alliance events aren't optional.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The solution is obvious: find an alliance that treats you like a human instead of a disposable tool.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That's a very dismissive way to put it. Alliance events are the main thing people usually are even in an alliance for to begin with. I certainly wouldn't stay in an alliance where bosses are not mandatory.
    I suppose technically I wouldn't need to care (I have no problems with heroics myself), but I am interested in how to implement heroics in a way that gives newer players the least amount of frustration. I want Heroics to stick around and that requires that they run in a way where a large portion of the player base doesn't hate them.
    And so, if we're talking a solution to this problem, I'm saying this imo does not solve it for the players that hate heroics. It goes in the right direction, but it doesn't actually give the players that hate Heroics an opportunity to properly opt out. If they're active players, they're going to play the boss event whether they like heroics or not.