MPQ What's New July (Updated 7/20/22)

Comments

• Notepaddy
    Notepaddy Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Why does not having the buff list updated upset me so much?  :D They had it like 3 weeks out the other day and I was in heaven.
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Notepaddy said:
    Why does not having the buff list updated upset me so much?  :D They had it like 3 weeks out the other day and I was in heaven.
    Ask, and you shall receive!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    SW again. This time she's appearing in Valkyrie, Gorr and Heimdall pvps.  :D
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    woohoo!  Infinite Pursuit & Lost in Time are back to back events (excl. Boss) that will give me 2 more champed 5*.

I'm only 270 shards from finally finishing Magneto, and 335 shards from finishing Gargantos.  
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,590 Chairperson of the Boards
    That’s a lie . I’m one of those incomplete roster people as are others in my alliance and we loved it. It gave us a new challenge. Furthermore I completed full progression with a day to spare . Don’t presume you know how the majority of players think because you read a handful of complaints on a fanboy forum site from people who literally complain about everything in the game .

O.o

I made a broad general statement, with no mention of how the majority of players think.

I really don't even know what your getting at. My comment came from me, and not what other people think or say.

I said I was not a fan of heroics and why. I don't get why you are calling me a liar or spinning this into some "fanboy" thing.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay boosted Switch & JJ! This next week will be so much better!
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    That's fine, as long as we don't get a month of Odin or Colossus in a row.
    I'd LOVE a month of boosted 5Colossus. That was seriously AWESOME in both PVE and PVP last week!
    Seconded.  PvE was so quick.   
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    dianetics said:
    That’s a lie . I’m one of those incomplete roster people as are others in my alliance and we loved it. It gave us a new challenge. Furthermore I completed full progression with a day to spare . Don’t presume you know how the majority of players think because you read a handful of complaints on a fanboy forum site from people who literally complain about everything in the game .

O.o

I made a broad general statement, with no mention of how the majority of players think.

I really don't even know what your getting at. My comment came from me, and not what other people think or say.

I said I was not a fan of heroics and why. I don't get why you are calling me a liar or spinning this into some "fanboy" thing.
    “Limiting the choices available will hinder newer players from competing and potentially leave a sour taste in their mouths. It’s not a problem for me and many other long time players, but it’s a hurdle for people with incomplete rosters.”
        This was your broad , general, statement . No one I knew , aside from the handful of chronic forum complainers who complain about everything, had a negative view of the event . Also as stated I have a limited roster and it was not a hurdle in any way to complete this easily with plenty of time to spare . So by definition, your statements are lies .
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,590 Chairperson of the Boards
    potentially leave a sour taste in their mouths.

I also didn’t say all players with incomplete rosters. Get over yourself. You are not everyone.
    I was making a broad general statement. 
    A player who is in the game for less than two years would have a difficult time dealing with heroics in general, unless there were adequate loaners. I literally made that statement in my post.
    My statements were about heroics in general. Not the one specific instance you are referring to.
  • FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    I think the main issue of using meta teams is that with over 200 characters it’s hard to find synergies without a lot of time spent on learning what each character can do, but casual daily players and those who use forums for help generally don’t have time for that. The locked roster and the devs choosing characters that can have synergy helps build that knowledge.  So yes, sometimes these forums, the ones on reddit or wherever are very negative about a vast majority of characters so they aren’t providing new synergy help, just the same easily identified meta teams advice. 
    I spent a lot of time and yes, money on building my roster in this game and it feels disappointing to only use 10% of it regularly because of time. I only have so much free time to play, so trying out teams I’m not sure how they work or will get my my butt kicked swiftly? Just don’t have time. The god champs help too. I will use a a boosted 5 just to learn how they work better while I have them at 6-10 covers. 
    I like using America, Killmonger and Karnak, but Karnak gets killed so quickly. With the rosters as they are it makes sense to have a 5* and two support 4*, but usually you need two 5* that shield the 4* from being in front so they can do their tanking or stunning. 
    This is the perspective of a casual daily player, I didn’t kick anyone from my alliance who found the locked roster boss event hard or time consuming, even though we didn’t get both covers, it was still fun and it made my alliance chat with one another for advice on who to use. This made a returning player more engaged, they asked more roster help questions. 
  • CoxLargo
    CoxLargo Posts: 54 Match Maker
    next pvp events?
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2022
    Why is capt marvel the required 5 for gorr's welcome to shield? We literally just had her for hulkling.

Edit: it seems like it was a copy and paste from the hulkling. The 2, 3, 4 and 5 are all the same. New devs, same practice.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 906 Critical Contributor
    axmoss said:
    Why is capt marvel the required 5 for gorr's welcome to shield? We literally just had her for hulkling.

Edit: it seems like it was a copy and paste from the hulkling. The 2, 3, 4 and 5 are all the same. New devs, same practice.
    Can't speak to the reason for captain marvel, but the 2, 3, 4, and 5 are always the same opponents.  At least they have been for the past year and a half I've been playing for.  
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    axmoss said:

The devs have completed passing the baton to one another and the new devs are masters of the programming now? I’m still giving them transition time.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even though the dev was already in transition a few months ago, however, learning a new system/coding structure still takes time. I'll give them until June 2023 to iron things out.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    axmoss said:

Can't speak to the reason for captain marvel, but the 2, 3, 4, and 5 are always the same opponents.  At least they have been for the past year and a half I've been playing for.  
    Referring to the necessary characters needed
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Was hoping there would be an update on Thursday's alliance event.  Would like to prep the alliance for any restrictions on roster use.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, please don't spring another heroic on us with 8 hours notice.
    Also, new boost list, please?