***** Thor (Mighty Thor) *****

Options

Comments

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wymtime said:
    Seeing these numbers she is going to be a beast!!  I am thinking 5,3,5 for a build.  What is nice is she is a stand alone character that could go with another charge tile character like storm or Black Bolt, or just another random strong character like SW, Colossus or whomever is buffed!!

Problem is Black bolt won't generate Charged tiles after turn 1. He's still probably a good choice just for the passive damage, but to generate is not worth it. Maybe Lockjaw would be better for the passive damage, plus the creation.

Throg is a great choice with his Blue passive. he'll be protected from damage and will continue to auto create.

Also maybe a 3/5/5 5torm could be dangerous (altho whose yellow will you use?)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Her teammates depend on what you focus on.
    For example,

Polaris /KK/= passive damage (KK + Polaris), cascades, board shake and strike multipliers.

Polaris/C5rol= passive damage (Polaris), cascades, board shake, strike multipiers and yellow ap generator.

*I can't think of anyone right now who can generate strike tiles as well Polaris.

Carbage/BRB: a crawl in the park

BRB/Iceman: Electrified Ice.
    A more aggressive version: Loki's Shadowplay

Throg/5torm/Negasonic/Gambit: Charged destruction 

• MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX said:

Affiliations: Heroes, Avengers, Godlike, Enhanced
    I see two affiliations we've seen never before. Is some kind of affiliation overhaul coming?
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,921 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Options
    "Godlike" I kind of get but I am very curious about what constitutes an "Enhanced" affiliation.  I also wonder if they will make a distinction between "God" and "Godlike". 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX said:

I see two affiliations we've seen never before. Is some kind of affiliation overhaul coming?

Ooooh, interesting! Wasn't there something in the Developer blog about having characters more accurately reflect their true power levels in comics/TV/films? In other words no more Okoye types? I wonder if these classifications might also be put into consideration for rebalancing?
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,921 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    IceIX said:

Ooooh, interesting! Wasn't there something in the Developer blog about having characters more accurately reflect their true power levels in comics/TV/films? In other words no more Okoye types? I wonder if these classifications might also be put into consideration for rebalancing?
    Well since we are on the topic, "From your lips to god's ears" as they say.  o:)
  • Deku_Scrub
    Deku_Scrub Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    IceIX said:

It would be nice for affiliations to play a bigger part in the game. Very few characters use them and when they are used there not very impactful.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    IceIX said:

Well since we are on the topic, "From your lips to god's ears" as they say.  o:)

God doesn't normally provide me divine information, they are more likely to lob lightning bolts at me for being a heathen!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can think of a good use for these affiliations. Heroic battles!  ;)
    However having this girl possibly would eliminate any difficulty on the event. 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Even her Legendary store is decent for me as I would be happy with Storm or Electro covers (if it had been BlackBolt it would have been even better!)
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I think those new affiliations are for supports.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Or maybe for new wave heroic events?
  • DAZ0273
    Options

Why would they be assigned to characters then?

• Vhailorx
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

Isn't that always how it worked? Supports are labels assigned to characters and then supports are restricted to specific labels.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Omegased said:
    wymtime said:
    Seeing these numbers she is going to be a beast!!  I am thinking 5,3,5 for a build.  What is nice is she is a stand alone character that could go with another charge tile character like storm or Black Bolt, or just another random strong character like SW, Colossus or whomever is buffed!!

Problem is Black bolt won't generate Charged tiles after turn 1. He's still probably a good choice just for the passive damage, but to generate is not worth it. Maybe Lockjaw would be better for the passive damage, plus the creation.

Throg is a great choice with his Blue passive. he'll be protected from damage and will continue to auto create.

Also maybe a 3/5/5 5torm could be dangerous (altho whose yellow will you use?)
    Just remember Black Bolt passive will do a lot of damage too.  Also his green will pair well as a 3rd damage power to go along with Thor red and yellow 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Isn't that always how it worked? Supports are labels assigned to characters and then supports are restricted to specific labels.

I guess but that has always been affiliated by groups identifiable through comic book affiliation - X-men, Avengers or variants of character Spider-Man etc. This seems much more generic and seems strange that it would only be used for Supports.  I guess though Hero and Villain are pretty generic too. I hope they are going to have a bigger impact on the game than just being used for Supports. It makes it interesting for a character like Worthy Cap - what category does he fall into?
  • jeffsterz
    jeffsterz Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    I can’t wait to pull for her, Garg and KK!
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Besides Support, they can use it for Heroics, 12 days of Christmas or new pvp theme etc. 
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Came to our attention that we were using the wrong scalar for part of Thor's Red damage, her numbers for both bonuses have been adjusted (Reduced about 40%). Still deadly, no longer as catastrophic.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Came to our attention that we were using the wrong scalar for part of Thor's Red damage, her numbers for both bonuses have been adjusted (Reduced about 40%). Still deadly, no longer as catastrophic.

Have the numbers been updated on page 1 of this thread?  I assume the adjustment was to the second, "per destroyed charged tiles" part of her damage?  Without a cap that seemed like it could get a little out of control.