***** Thor (Mighty Thor) *****

Options

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    So you guys all have datamined who this is with the constant "she" references? Will be extra funny if it turns out to be a dude, lol!
    IceIX said "her Blue" in this post: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/982422/#Comment_982422

IceIX data mining!!! 😲
    Whoops. :P
  • Deku_Scrub
    Deku_Scrub Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    Looks good, really not a fan of charge tile characters because far too often it benefits the other team with not enough damage benefit for my team to be worth the risk. Still looks like a good three to pull for.
    Yup more often than not it seems that they benefit from charged tiles than I ever do lol
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If charged tiles are destroyed not matched, does a single charged tiles destruction deal triple damage  ?

I was curious as most of us know charged tiles are a double edged sword as they remain available for either team to match and gain benefits from. I was thinking if a character with decent board shake, just a few cone to mind at the moment Juggs, Carnage Thanos, destroyed a bunch of tiles if any charged tiles destroyed this way cause additional damage, of if that only happens when they're matched. 

Was trying to think if this character and whoever else they pair with would actually lead to too many charged tiles on the board. If that could be the case, someone with good board shake/tile destruction could be a good partner clearing a bunch of charged tiles, juat wasn't sure if charged tiles generate extra damage if destroyed individually through powers like these.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Options
    My take - since her charged tiles target "special tiles" regardless of ownership, she's actually not going to pair well with certain S-Tier characters.  She'll wipe out Apocalypses repeaters, for example, and frequently kill SW's repeater which limits its use as well -- depending on what order you put your characters it will either proc first, or else be destroyed first and be re-created so it can help mitigate damage, but if will frequently be destroyed which is sub-optimal.  OTOH she'll have all the board-shake, destroy BRB's protects but only ding his CD, and massively fuel Polaris, so there's that as well.
    Unless her numbers actively suck compared to her contemporaries, I think she'll be very useful.  If her numbers are actively good?  She'll probably be S tier, I think, particularly with the right partners.  If you're dependent on things on the board, she'll be a liability, but with other kinds of teams she'll mesh well with many of them.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 460 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    So you guys all have datamined who this is with the constant "she" references? Will be extra funny if it turns out to be a dude, lol!
    I guess this would be a good opportunity to use the singular they.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She'll probably be good with Polaris and BRB though.  :D She'll be better than KK in terms of laziness. After 4 or 5 turns, the board probably will have 30-40 protect tiles on the board, thanks to Thoress.

I'm still waiting for trap, web and airborne meta. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Nope!  

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 460 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Nope!  

So people were data mining because they said she but you also don't like they... What's your preferred way to describe it? The As Yet Unnamed Character is a lot to type!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Imo KK will be pretty close to airborne meta.
    If they released some day a 5* venom and rebalance spidey, there could be a web meta.
    And a traps tiles meta only will happen if a 5* appears fortifying trap tiles.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Nope!  

So people were data mining because they said she but you also don't like they... What's your preferred way to describe it? The As Yet Unnamed Character is a lot to type!
    TAYUNC for the win!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    Imo KK will be pretty close to airborne meta.
    If they released some day a 5* venom and rebalance spidey, there could be a web meta.
    And a traps tiles meta only will happen if a 5* appears fortifying trap tiles.

I think the weakness with trap tiles is being overwritten or destroyed, not being matched away.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This one will be very interesting to see what is better red or yellow for damage
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

I think the weakness with trap tiles is being overwritten or destroyed, not being matched away.
    Deadpool 4* is interesting because he has repeaters acting like traps, and then are susceptible to double dip on fortifying them. 
    Imagine if a character fortifying trap tiles appeared, sinister would be really glad to meet him.
    Edit: I got it! It's a task for mysterio 5*: mysterio enhances and fortifies 3 selected traps and 3 random tiles. The enemy will see 6 basic tiles fortified. 
    Which one will be the real trap and which one the illusion? Use your spider sense! :D
  • TheHawkNY
    TheHawkNY Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    IceIX said:

Yellow - What KGB said. Destroys all tiles, totes up the number destroyed, and deals out a packet of damage for each one destroyed (so it double dips on Strikes/Okoye, etc). It then makes 3 Charged tiles afterwards to jumpstart the cycle.
    Can you please replace the last comma in the description with a semicolon to articulate this more clearly?
  • CongoFury
    CongoFury Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Bad said:
    It should be enemy special tiles. Destroying your own special could be interesting for Polaris and Kamala but harmful for any other character.
    It seems a really reliable 5*. Enforcing charged tiles meta is a welcomed idea.
    Characters such as crystal, BB, storm, cable, havok, negasonic, lockjaw and black knight could see more use.
    Can’t forget Silver Surfer in the mix of charged tile meta. 
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    As a note, we should be releasing the announcement for this character tomorrow. Going through some final balance/grammar passes and some other approvals. Soon(tm).
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,403 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It does not say the adjacent tile destruction is only when they fire a power. It says it also happens at the beginning of the turn.
    Yeah my bad sometimes my reading comprehension is bad when I'm drinking, and I just completely missed that part.

It is interesting that her power will destroy all special tiles though, and not just enemy tiles. She's like an overpowered Throg who doesn't have to fire a power to clear out a board.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I just imagined a scenario related to mirror matching of Polaris/BRB, and it's going to be traumatising as time goes by. Good luck to those using BRB/Polaris for climbing, unless you want to use + 4 blue ap every match to slow down the eventual madness. The RNG and tiles multiplication will be off the chart.

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Options

Am I the only one who is hoping it's a tag team combo of Thor and Mighty Thor? We still don't have any character pairs in the 5* tier like Cloak & Dagger and Rocket & Groot. This definitely seems like a great opportunity for Love & Thunder.