Options

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    658_2 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Who's Padme and IM?
    Probably Mighty Thor (Padme) and Iceman (IM).  Padme and Mighty Thor are played by the same actress, Natalie Portman. 

(1) referencing to an entirely different IP (and 17+ year- old movies too) is a pretty long walk for a nickname.

(2) it is amazing to me that all pop-culture references are now just inside-[Disney]-jokes. As Candide always said, we are clearly in "the best of all possible worlds!"
    Lol. We’re headed towards the JThor iceberg if someone doesn’t do something (or Jhor, *shudder*). One of my alliance mates coined Padme. C’mon, it’s funny!
    Still voting for fosthor

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 653 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Docthor?
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Who's Padme and IM?
    Probably Mighty Thor (Padme) and Iceman (IM).  Padme and Mighty Thor are played by the same actress, Natalie Portman. 

(1) referencing to an entirely different IP (and 17+ year- old movies too) is a pretty long walk for a nickname.

(2) it is amazing to me that all pop-culture references are now just inside-[Disney]-jokes. As Candide always said, we are clearly in "the best of all possible worlds!"
    Let's refer to the character as Mathilda, even an older movie reference. An awesome movie though.
  • IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have Mighty Thor at 5/3/2 and the charged tile synergy between her, Crystal (3/5/5) and Loki Alligator in his Sim Event has been incredibly fun! 

I missed the boat entirely on 5* Colossus and SW5 and have been getting beat up in Simulator with that pair ever since. Not anymore! JThor just blows up SW5’s repeater tile and whatever damage mitigation Colossus has got, can’t withstand FosThor’s red or yellow (even at only 2 covers) for more than a couple of turns. 

The team has also done surprisingly well on defense and I’ve scored more bonus points on wins from retaliatory strikes then I’ve gotten in any other PVP event.  No matter what we call her, she’s great!
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I told you guys we were headed towards JThor!
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am going with InsaneJane as suggested by Daredevil217.  
  • McRich
    McRich Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    How many different name variance available of Mighty Thor?
    Dr. Thor
    Padme
    JThor
    FosThor
    InsaneJane 
    5* JF
    5ThorJ
    She-Thor

I am sure, there are more names available.
  • FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I’m calling her Dr.Thor. Anyone who earns a Ph D has the title of doctor. 
     Doctor Jane Foster is Dr. Thor. 

Doctor Stephen Strange
    Doctor Octopus
    Doctor Doom
    if the men keep their phd title, so should Jane

• heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I’m calling her Dr.Thor. Anyone who earns a Ph D has the title of doctor. 
     Doctor Jane Foster is Dr. Thor. 

Doctor Stephen Strange
    Doctor Octopus
    Doctor Doom
    if the men keep their phd title, so should Jane

I can go with Dr. Thor (Docthor? no, that's horrible).  lnsaneJane just reflects here playstyle. 

But there are some characters who don't keep the Dr. when in hero/villian form: Lizard (Dr. Connors), Mr. Fantastic (Dr. Reed Richards), Invisible Woman (Dr. Sue Richards), Hulk (Dr. Bruce Bannor), Hank Pym, and Beast (Dr. McCoy).  So there is precedent to drop the Dr.  But with that said, Dr. Thor has a nice ring to it.
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Fosthor all the way!  
  • EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    I was thinking of DocThor...
    It sounds like "doctor", am I right guys? xDD

Okay, I know where the door is.... xD
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just champed Thor this morning. I find she's pretty darn crazy with Shang-Chi She quickly helps generate AP Shang-Chi can use, the charged tiles generated benefits Shang-Chi very well of course. The board shake from Thor doesn't mess things up at all from my brief experience using these two together. It's been quite helpful actually and even if her board shake prevents a match or to for Shang-Chi, using his red pretty much negates that problem being able to manipulate the board to get those matches back. 

It's also nice her most powerful color is red, so you can run Valkyrie and go crazy. Being able to add so many charged tiles, along with her yellow active and red if you want to polish off a close to death enemy instead of using Shang-Chis red is a nice option to have. 
  • 658_2
    Options
    Played a bunch of matches with JT and Iceman. Iceman’s stun does go off nearly every turn, but a full stunlock is mostly out of reach unless the board has tons of blue. It’s a lot of one turn stunning, which is still great, and that team definitely has some defensive value, both intramatch and for sub 800 climbing, but it’s short of overwhelming. You also can’t hop with that team. It’s slow, bordering on very slow.
  • 658_2
    Options
    JT plus Big Wheel is quite fun, and JT/Hafthor/BW is a super fun Sim team. I got to 20 speed points on the regular and you can fire power(s) every turn. JT/Pol floods the board with specials incredibly fast. JT/KK/Pol hits hard (though way short of Oko/KK/Pol).

Don’t take Sersi vs JT. It doesn’t matter what power you choke, you’re supercharing her other two. If you’re hitting BRB, bring a stun or plan to take him out early. You’ll be feeding him ap every turn, Clash of the Worthy is coming out early.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tonypq said:
    I just champed Thor this morning. I find she's pretty darn crazy with Shang-Chi She quickly helps generate AP Shang-Chi can use, the charged tiles generated benefits Shang-Chi very well of course. The board shake from Thor doesn't mess things up at all from my brief experience using these two together. It's been quite helpful actually and even if her board shake prevents a match or to for Shang-Chi, using his red pretty much negates that problem being able to manipulate the board to get those matches back. 

Yeah. I thought this duo wasn’t gonna work that well but when I tried it, it’s like they’re yin/yang or order/chaos. There’s a strange balance with this duo that works and works fast. I use Iceman as the 3rd for defense and I pretty much have all my bases covered (although I don’t have a black outlet but eh….. no big deal). 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been using Thor, BRB, Polaris, it's been very effective for the last two SCL 10 challenge nodes. BRB ends up firing his green pretty easily 3 to 5 times. You have options with blue, using BRBs early on to get more defense tiles out and later in the match Polaris for stunning. Thor and and BRB get the AP adding up very fast. 
  • nunziotkp
    nunziotkp Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    tonypq said:
    I've been using Thor, BRB, Polaris, it's been very effective for the last two SCL 10 challenge nodes. BRB ends up firing his green pretty easily 3 to 5 times. You have options with blue, using BRBs early on to get more defense tiles out and later in the match Polaris for stunning. Thor and and BRB get the AP adding up very fast. 
    Same. If Jane is champed you pretty much can do challenge nodes unscathed. Only rough patch is if you can't match any specials early. That's only happened once. You make one early shield match and it is pretty much over. You very quickly are drowning in AP and can stun lock the entire enemy team. Game over.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,404 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I’ve been using her pretty regularly the last couple weeks, and I think it’s pretty clear she is a top 10 5*
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With required 5* Jane I can feel the great synergy with SC although I only have a 1/1/3.
    She shakes up the board and if there are no moves, using blue gives a whole new board for to get red or purple.
    Also she charging tiles is extra TNT for SC.
  • 658_2
    edited August 2022
    Options
    dianetics said:
    So I’ve been using her pretty regularly the last couple weeks, and I think it’s pretty clear she is a top 10 5*
    Same and agreed. Her powers are so spammable and both self and teammate supercharging, she can punch way above her weight in pick 2. I took down a 550 Col/SW with 456 JThor/Thor, and easily (with a TU stun). And given how many D wins I keep waking up to, and how little problem I’m having offensively with anything in Sim (except the champed Chasm team), Jthor/Pol/BRB is probably the next dominant SIM team and it’s obviously a great Challenge node team. The only thing JThor lacks is pick 2 defense. I have zero hesitation saying she’s t10, and suspect she’s t5.