***** Thor (Mighty Thor) *****

Options

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bzhai said:

I'm surprised you didn't mention Big Wheel. He loves to roll with the chaos and his green can switch the board around and cause more cascades.
    Oh yes! I’ll definitely add him!

Enjoyed your write up and I went back and looked again at your overall rankings because I just finished fully covering Garg and I need a new target. I assume she will make T10 once you place her.

I am considering Hawkeye (I have him at 10 covers now) because he pairs so well with Garg but you have him ranked so low (40th). Now that he has a natural partner again are you considering moving him up? If not, I guess I'll finish my 10 cover Deadpool (my Onslaught, Killmonger and Ronan at 2 covers each need a store, not shards).

Also, you ranked Kamala pretty high (13th) but with Thoress appearing and wrecking every special tile user, are you considering moving her down because the key parts of her kit gets canceled out by Thoress?

KGB
  • Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    I keep hearing how KK pairs so well with her and Polaris. So she still might rank that high. Haven't tired that team myself though.
  • EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm gonna echo everyone's comment here as well.
    This new character is INCREDIBLE. Mind you, I am a transitioning 3 to 4 star land player (I am still building my 4* "army" xD ) (another note is that I still use boosted 3* characters in PVP, though I do have a champed 270 Polaris which helps me a bit... just a bit though) and I was using the loaner in the PVP event.
    Even so, at some of the matches I was wondering "what is going on?!" because both characters (the enemy and mine) are doing the thing so the poor board was pretty much battered up. xD
    So I hope when I get to the 5 land I could hopefully get her on my roster. Until then, I can dream.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Trap teams could be a thing now if they changed it to when destroyed instead of matched. I think so far the only characters that works that way are Elsa and Mysterio.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Best of all, it blows up Iceman's yellow cd that deals damage to himself as well. That's an extra layer of protection from Iceman.

Don't forget Echo for those trap tiles.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,918 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    Bzhai said:

I'm surprised you didn't mention Big Wheel. He loves to roll with the chaos and his green can switch the board around and cause more cascades.

Enjoyed your write up and I went back and looked again at your overall rankings because I just finished fully covering Garg and I need a new target. I assume she will make T10 once you place her.

I am considering Hawkeye (I have him at 10 covers now) because he pairs so well with Garg but you have him ranked so low (40th). Now that he has a natural partner again are you considering moving him up? If not, I guess I'll finish my 10 cover Deadpool (my Onslaught, Killmonger and Ronan at 2 covers each need a store, not shards).

Also, you ranked Kamala pretty high (13th) but with Thoress appearing and wrecking every special tile user, are you considering moving her down because the key parts of her kit gets canceled out by Thoress?

KGB
    I’m thinking I might’ve overrated Garg. People who have him champed say that even with Hawkeye he’s slow to start and question his meta-ness. 

Kamala I’m pretty high on just because she does a lot and her damage for destroyed specials is a unique “thing” she does that a) pairs with SO many and b) can be leveraged/exploited. 

Thoress will be a counter to a lot of characters because a lot of characters use specials in one form or another. I don’t know if I’ll reshuffle everything because of one counter character.  But maybe 🤔 

Clint I’ve always been fond of because again he has a great niche no one else does (the AP gen from countdowns) and those characters hold a special place for me. The problem is that he desperately needs a health/match damage balance pass. He’s just a huge soft target in PVP and too slow with all the CDs for PVE. Subjectively I do like his kit a lot though. 

I would for sure go after Deadpool. Everytime he’s boosted I just love him. That black is scary defensively. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,918 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bzhai said:
    Trap teams could be a thing now if they changed it to when destroyed instead of matched. I think so far the only characters that works that way are Elsa and Mysterio.
    Yelena works that way but the enemy needs to destroy them for them to trigger. So she’s a bad teammate but a good counter for Jane. She will punish the high AP from cascades with the red passive, and the purple traps deal good damage and mess with AP counts when destroyed by opposing Jane. 
  • SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just wanna say….. I tried this with my 1/1/0 FosThor, Iceman 3/5/5, Crystal 5/5/3 vs a 5* carnage team. 

It is EVIL. 

That is really awesome! It looked like it should work on paper! Could FosThor and Iceman work well in a pick 2 situation,(sounds like they should), or does Crystal serve a really strong role in this set up? I am aware she is a solid support character and just am not sure if there is a synergy I am missing. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crystal changing to air power will create many charged tiles on yellow. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used her with Crystal and Collosus and it was pretty awesome after changing to air.

I should have tried big wheel Crystal and her but I didn’t think about it at the time.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    KGB said:
    Bzhai said:

KGB
    I’m thinking I might’ve overrated Garg. People who have him champed say that even with Hawkeye he’s slow to start and question his meta-ness. 

Kamala I’m pretty high on just because she does a lot and her damage for destroyed specials is a unique “thing” she does that a) pairs with SO many and b) can be leveraged/exploited. 

Thoress will be a counter to a lot of characters because a lot of characters use specials in one form or another. I don’t know if I’ll reshuffle everything because of one counter character.  But maybe 🤔 

Clint I’ve always been fond of because again he has a great niche no one else does (the AP gen from countdowns) and those characters hold a special place for me. The problem is that he desperately needs a health/match damage balance pass. He’s just a huge soft target in PVP and too slow with all the CDs for PVE. Subjectively I do like his kit a lot though. 

I would for sure go after Deadpool. Everytime he’s boosted I just love him. That black is scary defensively. 
    As one of those with garg champed,  I think HEyeball is more 1b-meta than not-meta-at-all.  It is good,  but will struggle against very tough matchups because HE is so squishy (eg, boosted colossus this week is a bit rough) . Haven't seen kk much yet,  but I am pretty confident that fosthor will be better than garg. Her combination of passive boardshake and high damage is more valuable.

That said,  garg will always be a threat to enter the meta whenever a new characrer that generates lots of blue ap shows up (think original bishop).

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hit two champed Padmes out in the wild. First was in RiRi pvp, champed and boosted to 574, with a 623 Crystal. Took that team apart np with Sersi/SC. Just now I hit a 451 Padme with Crystal
    and IM in Sim. Padme/IM is a super legit combo. I got stunlocked almost immediately, and ended up wiping.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Who's Padme and IM?
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Who's Padme and IM?
    Probably Mighty Thor (Padme) and Iceman (IM).  Padme and Mighty Thor are played by the same actress, Natalie Portman. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    That makes sense now. Thank you. 

Another 18 more days to chaml 5* JF.  B)  
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    Who's Padme and IM?
    Probably Mighty Thor (Padme) and Iceman (IM).  Padme and Mighty Thor are played by the same actress, Natalie Portman. 

(1) referencing to an entirely different IP (and 17+ year- old movies too) is a pretty long walk for a nickname.

(2) it is amazing to me that all pop-culture references are now just inside-[Disney]-jokes. As Candide always said, we are clearly in "the best of all possible worlds!"
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    Even at just 0/X/0,  fosthor is a reasonably effective support character against somewhat pesky mindless one nodes.  It's not perfect, especially with fewer blue covers, because sometimes the charged tiles won't spawn where you need them,  but it's yet more evidence that she is a very strong counter to any opponent that prefers a stable board.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Who's Padme and IM?

(1) referencing to an entirely different IP (and 17+ year- old movies too) is a pretty long walk for a nickname.

(2) it is amazing to me that all pop-culture references are now just inside-[Disney]-jokes. As Candide always said, we are clearly in "the best of all possible worlds!"
    Lol. We’re headed towards the JThor iceberg if someone doesn’t do something (or Jhor, *shudder*). One of my alliance mates coined Padme. C’mon, it’s funny!
  • tylenol4
    tylenol4 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Lol. We’re headed towards the JThor iceberg if someone doesn’t do something (or Jhor, *shudder*). One of my alliance mates coined Padme. C’mon, it’s funny!
    How about (Natalie) Thortman?