***** Thor (Mighty Thor) *****

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    I'm curious about the order of operation. If I were to fire her yellow, would her passive blue trigger before her active yellow? If it doesn't, then her passive blue works only with her active red and blue.

I'm thinking of Domino + strong black user like Moon Knight to take advantage of those massive destruction that would hopefully triggers black cascades. Sersi could replace Domino to give more flexibility that is not based on black power.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Lets look at the flavor text with bolds
    (PASSIVE) At the start of the match, generates 1 Charged tile(s). At the beginning of the turn, generates 1 Charged tile(s), and at the beginning of the turn and whenever <CHARACTER> uses an ability, each Charged tile on the board destroys 1 random adjacent tile, prioritizing Special tiles. (Destroyed tiles do not deal damage or generate AP).

The yellow will force adjacent tile destruction only if <character> fires a power. This is okayish but really works well with SC. She will not work with BRB or Kitty that well.

So it is good to great depending on the team your face. She will obviously crush the forgotten Ultron, but will have trouble against toons like Crystal.

Her blue clearly as worded works at the beginning of the turn or when she fires a power.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2022
    Please use this cover.  Fits the movie and doesn't delve into the future plotlines for her movies.  Artist Martin Coccolo.  Published:  June 8, 2022

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please use this cover.  Fits the movie and doesn't delve into the future plotlines for her movies.  Artist Martin Coccolo.  Published:  June 8, 2022

But that cover doesn't have Zeus on it?!?!?!!?! 😀
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:

But that cover doesn't have Zeus on it?!?!?!!?! 😀
    He's an extra, he's not really needed.  But a certain someone is, I can tell you, but someone else will complain about spoilers.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can’t wait to see the numbers on those red and yellow powers. That will determine Whether it’s 3/5/5 or 5/5/3. 

That blue has got me. Once per turn, every charged tile blows up a tile around it, prioritizing specials? I’m feeling that. 
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2022
    dianetics said:
    Lets look at the flavor text with bolds
    (PASSIVE) At the start of the match, generates 1 Charged tile(s). At the beginning of the turn, generates 1 Charged tile(s), and at the beginning of the turn and whenever <CHARACTER> uses an ability, each Charged tile on the board destroys 1 random adjacent tile, prioritizing Special tiles. (Destroyed tiles do not deal damage or generate AP).

The yellow will force adjacent tile destruction only if <character> fires a power.
    It does not say the adjacent tile destruction is only when they fire a power. It says it also happens at the beginning of the turn.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX said:
    I was hoping her abilities are totally different from 4* Thoress. The main difference is she's generating charged tiles passively and destroying special tiles instead, but she loses her stun.

Anyway questions for her powers:

Red Power
    1) is there any cap for additional damage based on charged tiles matched or destroyed? For example, Big Wheel's speed point has a cap of 20 but it's not stated in the game.

2) "plus low damage for each Charged tile that's been matched or destroyed this match" 

a) Does it mean the total number of charged tiles matched/destroyed since the start of the game? 

b) Does it also count charged tiles matched/destroyed by enemies?

Blue passive power
    "whenever <CHARACTER> uses an ability, each Charged tile on the board destroys 1 random adjacent tile, prioritizing Special tiles."

1) Does this destroy any special tile, regardless of whether it's players or AI's special tile?

I like charged tiles + tiles destruction ability. Sersi, 5torm and Crystal should be good.

550 Gargantos/Kamala Khan/Thoress coming soon, I guess.

Blue 1) Yes. Also note that Charged tiles are Special tiles, so they can blow each other up if they're adjacent.
    Interesting...does this mean it will trigger KK's green passive?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bzhai said:
    IceIX said:

Blue 1) Yes. Also note that Charged tiles are Special tiles, so they can blow each other up if they're adjacent.
    Interesting...does this mean it will trigger KK's green passive?

I would say no. Charged tiles like web tiles are consider neutral, not team affiliated and KK's passive states friendly special tiles.

KGB
  • KGB
    I can’t wait to see the numbers on those red and yellow powers. That will determine Whether it’s 3/5/5 or 5/5/3. 

That blue has got me. Once per turn, every charged tile blows up a tile around it, prioritizing specials? I’m feeling that. 
    Except it that doesn't do any damage or generate AP. It just does board shake and has a chance to remove your charges tiles since it said the power can destroy charged tiles. So I'm not sure how great this passive is going to be (certainly against BRB/Polaris it will remove their tiles but at a cost of giving them a ton of AP or will give your own BRB/Polaris AP if it destroys theirs). If there are 6+ charged tiles on the board this power may also resolve VERY SLOWLY as it loops through them all 1 at a time (think those stupid sentinels).

Gotta think this character would be an excellent partner with Black Bolt. Only 1 color over lap and Bolt adds 2 more charged tiles per turn and his own passive can do nice damage per turn if 1 of them is on the enemies strongest color.

KGB
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:

Except it that doesn't do any damage or generate AP. It just does board shake and has a chance to remove your charges tiles since it said the power can destroy charged tiles. So I'm not sure how great this passive is going to be (certainly against BRB/Polaris it will remove their tiles but at a cost of giving them a ton of AP or will give your own BRB/Polaris AP if it destroys theirs). If there are 6+ charged tiles on the board this power may also resolve VERY SLOWLY as it loops through them all 1 at a time (think those stupid sentinels).

KGB
    I’m not looking at it like that. I don’t care about BRB/Polaritty. I’ve got them handled. 

I’m looking at other ways to deal with Wanda by getting rid of her repeater and/or not giving her charges. Because it happens at the start of the turn, the blue passive could theoretically, get rid of the repeater and allow you to wreck her (and her team) with other passives, AOEs, multiple-hit powers, etc. Not doing damage with destroying specials would actually help if you can’t tag that repeater so you’re not charging the repeater more. 
  • HoundofShadow
    I went to re-read her blue after seeing what Tiger_Wong wrote. I thought she destroys tiles besides charged tiles only when she fires her powers.

Indeed, she's passive anti-special tiles, including friendly special tiles. There goes Apocalypse, BRB, Polaris, Wanda and all trap tiles characters. 5 in her blue is necessary to increase the chance of doing so. The board will shake even more as time progresses. Up to 10 tiles destruction on turn 6. While no damage will be dealt, but the potential for cascades are great. I deem the following Team Cascades: Big Wheel, Prof X, Onslaught and  SC. Sersi has some potential there bu I hardly see her anywhere.

Just a side history: 4* Thoress was the first character to introduce charged tiles into the game in March 2015. 7+ years later, her 5* version made her charged tiles even greater by being a counter meta. 
  • iOwnThisName
    iOwnThisName Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    If the next 5 is an awesome build Gorr, it’s going to be an easier choice to hold for KK, Thor, Gorr than currently trying to figure out if I should put anything toward Shuma. Having Moon Knight champed throws a big wrench into plans with not wanting more covers at the moment.
  • KGB
    edited June 2022

Indeed, she's passive anti-special tiles, including friendly special tiles. There goes Apocalypse, BRB, Polaris, Wanda and all trap tiles characters. 5 in her blue is necessary to increase the chance of doing so. The board will shake even more as time progresses. Up to 10 tiles destruction on turn 6.

It will be a bit faster than that. She starts the battle with 3 on the boards (Rank 5 in Yellow) and adds 2 per turn so on turn 4 she could potentially have 3+2+2+2+2=11 depending on whether the 2 are added before the destruction begins or after. Also assuming none get matched away.

Some trap tile characters will benefit from this. Those that trigger on destruction in addition to being matched (like XPools purple or Medusa's CD) will be happy to see her destroying them.

Not sure how well she will stop Polaris/BRB. It will take her a while to get going given she starts with so few charged tiles and BRB will generate AP for each one destroyed so it may be that Polaris gets AP needed to stun even faster.

KGB

P.S. What I am curious about is the order it resolves in. Normally things like this resolve left->right then top->bottom. So I wonder if a charged tile destroys one below itself so it falls down a row will it then resolve a 2nd time when the row below is evaluated and potentially 7 times if it continues to work downward?
  • DAZ0273
    So you guys all have datamined who this is with the constant "she" references? Will be extra funny if it turns out to be a dude, lol!
  • HoundofShadow
    I forgot about the start of the game passive charged tiles creation.  :D

As for trap tiles, I was thinking that her charge tiles could overwrite them, rendering trap tiles useless.

As for that chain of destruction, it really depends on how the destruction is coded. That chain of destruction seems broken but pretty cool. It's like a lightning bolt striking down the column.
  • HoundofShadow
    I don't datamine (and I don't know how to) because it spoils the fun of guessing. There are only a few logical choices. The fact that there will always be a non spoiler tie-in further limit those choices. From the trailer, I know only Jane Foster, Gorr, Thor, Korg and Valkyrie. Once the abilities are revealed, it just screams 4* Thoress. It's similar to how when Apocalypse's abilities were revealed, it simply screams Apocalypse for some players.

Of course, if it turns out to be 5* Thor, it will be a shocker. Do we need another 5* Thor in the game when the existing Thor is part of the meta?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2022
    DAZ0273 said:
    So you guys all have datamined who this is with the constant "she" references? Will be extra funny if it turns out to be a dude, lol!
    IceIX said "her Blue" in this post: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/982422/#Comment_982422
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    IceIX said "her Blue" in this post: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/982422/#Comment_982422
    Fair enough. 🙂