***** Thor (Mighty Thor) *****

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    It shouldn't be a tag team because there is not a power saying replaces these powers for another ones like C&D.
    What drives us to the point that groocket should have an extra power because they are a tag team.
    Actually if they released more tag teams there could be more iterations of previous characters, as happens on fire emblem heroes.
    Obvious tag teams could be cap and winter soldier, Hawkeye and widow, Ant-Man and the wasp.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is Legion considered a tag team or multipi-player team?
  • Bad
    Actually Moon Knight could have been on the same boat.
    And he would be a lot better or at least more fun.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    Bad said:
    Actually Moon Knight could have been on the same boat.
    And he would be a lot better or at least more fun.
    I thought it was a huge missed opportunity too. None of his powers relate to his multiple personalities, which was the crux of the entire show. 
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Oh WOW. That art.... That art is insane. Way better than any I've seen in PQ. Such a difference. 

Love having new affiliations too.  
  • HoundofShadow
    edited June 2022
    Her blue passive has been changed:
    1.  The number of charged tiles created at the start of the turn is reduced from 2 to 1.
    2. She needs to have fewer than 9 aps in any of red/blue/yellow to destroy tiles passively.

Her yellow has been changed:
    1. The maximum number of charged tiles created has been raised to 4.

I'm looking at 20 charged tiles on the board, which gives me a minimum of 50194 damage for her red, and 112,180 for her yellow. Damage/ap would be 8365 and 14022 respectively, which is really high. 5/3/5) build.

This looks like a 3/5/5 or 5/5/3 for my team.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    IceIX said:
    Note: We're also making a change with the release of this character. Incarnations of Thor Odinson will now be playable with incarnations of Jane Foster. Double the Thor-ness!
    Yes!  I like that. 
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    1.  The number of charged tiles created at the start of the turn is reduced from 2 to 1.
    2. She needs to have fewer than 9 aps in any of red/blue/yellow to destroy tiles passively.

Her yellow has been changed to
    1. The maximum number of charged tiles x
    Created has been raised to 4.

I'm looking at 20 charged tiles on the board, which gives me a minimum of 50194 damage for her red, and 112,180 for her yellow. Damage/ap would be 8365 and 14022 respectively, which is really high.

In theory, sure. But her Blue will be blowing up tiles and cascades will be taking out others. In practice, you're never really going to get that high, especially for her Yellow. In theory though if you can blow out the board with Charged tiles? Yep. It's super deadly.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    New affiliations are tight!

I also like revisiting what characters can be played on teams with other characters. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Thanks to that <9ap requirements, I might have figured out the team to make it that high.  :D I just need to play her pvp to get the feel of her charged destruction. 

And good catch on the new affiliations of Godlike and Enhanced. It looks like there might be another new thread on this in the future.
  • Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Hopefully the next 4 star in July is Storm breaker thor. Great Job on the Cover Art Jane Foster, Keep it Up.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Seems like she has a real shot to be a new meta.  There are plenty of charged tile generators and her red should hit quite hard for a 6ap power (doesn't seem like it has any cap). I look forward to seeing her in practice.

No defense or stun to speak or, so she *should* be manageable when on defense. I think that super strong offensive characters that are defensive cupcakes tend to be reasonably good for the game.

I also like the on-theme release store of storm and electro.  charged tiles for everyone! [Edit:  electro bizarrely dies not charge tiles]

Is this the first time the release vault has held a fixed 5* cover instead of a specialty LT?  Nice change!  I have always thought that demi was too reluctant to give out first covers for new characters.  It seems like the first taste should be very easy (or even free for all), even if actually covering a full champ still takes many dozens, or even hundreds, of LT pulls. 

[Edit: no fixed 5* cover. Just a 4* cover.  I still think it would be a good idea, so long as resetting the vault doesn't refresh the 5* cover. )
  • Vhailorx
    edited June 2022

Her yellow has been changed:
    1. The maximum number of charged tiles created has been raised to 4.

I'm looking at 20 charged tiles on the board, which gives me a minimum of 50194 damage for her red, and 112,180 for her yellow. Damage/ap would be 8365 and 14022 respectively, which is really high. 5/3/5) build.

This looks like a 3/5/5 or 5/5/3 for my team.

I would think the play is to go 5/3/5, and then use the second character to provide extra charge tile generation (and maybe defense). the "tile destruction on cast" and "charged tile at the start of each turn" parts of the passive is unchanged with covers, so it's really only a matter of how many tiles she procs at the start of battle and on the active, right?  Am I missing something? 

I think the extra damage potential of 5/3/5 justifies the lost charged tile gen of X/5/X, especially when the ideal strategy is likely to be running her with partners that also produce of lots charged tiles.  and fwiw, I would prioritize red over yellow. It's hard to overstate the marginal value of 6ap powers v. 8ap powers. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seeing these numbers she is going to be a beast!!  I am thinking 5,3,5 for a build.  What is nice is she is a stand alone character that could go with another charge tile character like storm or Black Bolt, or just another random strong character like SW, Colossus or whomever is buffed!!

• Bad
    edited June 2022
    The numbers are quite good and she will give a reason to charged tiles meta.
    And I think it's great that her numbers are good because: 
    -she will mess for good apoc repeaters as soon as he fires them possibly without time to spam the protects and then having more time to be safe.
    - she will mess any special tile kitty has been patiently enhancing.
    - possibly she will tank red color to okoye.
    Characters who can team up well with her: KK, polaris, BRB and SW (who can enhance her powers but not always will protect her due to losing the repeater).
    And now with her partners on the charged tile meta. If she is with storm and BB, the 3 will create 4 charged tiles and she will destroy 4 random tiles. On the third turn, if no one was destroyed, there will be 8 charged tiles and she will destroy 8 random. There could be huge cascades there and AP gain. If she continues firing powers which create charged tiles, she will destroy the board on each turn gaining AP and destroying charged tiles on cascades. 
    A chaotic and really fun character to play, imo.
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Sooo whats the deal with those affiliations? :open_mouth:
  • Vhailorx
    edited June 2022
    Vhailorx said:
    I also like the on-theme release store of storm and electro.  charged tiles for everyone!
    Electro doesn't create charged tiles.

I was hoping for Havok. Poor chap has never gotten any love.

Vhailorx said:
    Is this the first time the release vault has held a fixed 5* cover instead of a specialty LT?  Nice change!  I have always thought that demi was too reluctant to give out first covers for new characters.  It seems like the first taste should be very easy (or even free for all), even if actually covering a full champ still takes many dozens, or even hundreds, of LT pulls.
    Where does it state that her release vault has a fixed 5* cover? It does state that it has a fixed 4* Thor cover.

How embarrassing! Wrong on both counts. I clearly should not post this much late at night!
  • HoundofShadow
    For the particular team I'm thinking of, I might need 3/5/5 or 5/5/3. However, I'll be able to get a better feel after playing her pvp.  If you are pairing her with Thor, then 5/3/5 is the only choice.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could this finally be Havok’s time to shine? Or even 5*Starlord?

whatever the case, those numbers are nice. Maybe 5/3/5 is the way to go. She’s gonna super fun to try out.