Meet Broken Circle Studios - Developer Blog (6/2/22)

Options

Comments

• ImmortalZodd
    ImmortalZodd Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'd like to see how you address PVP match making.  It's frustrating to have to soft-cap 5 stars because I don't want to be stuck seeing only meta 5 teams in PVP.

I like the idea of costumes as long as you can earn them without paying cash.

Enthused by idea of rebalancing old characters- many of them desperately need it. 

Would be cool to see more opportunities for Alliance members to support each other- like swapping covers, gifting iso, etc.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Intriguing development if i do say so.

There is a lot of questions this raises. I don't mind the addition of 3/5 combos but at the same time, a 3 star really does nothing for a 5 star roster.

Will the cost of roster slot decrease or will there be a new way to acquire slots? Maybe slots per character and not per individual character instance. IE, 1 slot for Iron Man but this covers all variants of him. Clear as mud I'm sure ?

Rebalances are always welcome, personally I'd start with adjusting match damage of older 5 stars.

Costumes are cool, no complaints there outside of, i wish they did more than change appearances.

What about changing daily resupply rewards? Playing 2500+ days and getting a standard token is kinda lame.

Lastly,
    Dilution. The elephant in the room. With the addition of more characters, will there be a more streamline way to earn characters outside of the slow crawl of the shards system? Return of Bonus heroes? Harder events for better rewards ? Daily 4 star missions ? Anything to help build rosters slightly faster. 

Anyways here's to a bright future ! 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Options
    So, this is the big change that was coming to MPQ. Welcome to MPQ.  >:)

I went through all 2.3 pages and I'm surprised no one asked certain questions. Let me add some unique questions to this page:

1) Will there be a monthly dev faq, or how often will there be faq/communication between dev and the community?

2) Are you planning on releasing 6*?

3) Will you bring back community pves or boss events?

4) Are you planning to implement supports in pvps?

5) Any plan to increase the number of timeslices available in the game?

6) Do you plan to make the AI smarter to play against with?

7) Did you make any changes to the gameplay's codes?

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Welcome to the BCS team. Looking forward to hearing more from you guys in the future especially your design intentions for new releases and general direction of the game. 

I echo most of what's been said in this thread especially those related to gameplay and longevity of the game. But if I could make one small request it would be the option to toggle the ui of the game. For example, turning off texts and banners or switching the look of the board to classic design.

Oh yea, and sandbox mode. 
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Welcome to the game. I look forward to what you guys and gals can do. I have one request. Please add Hobgoblin as a new 5 star to the game. He is the most requested character in every poll or topic about adding a new a character. Pick the Roderick Kingsley version for Hobgoblin. He has the strength, speed and all the cool toys and weapons Green Goblin has but without the crazy in the Goblin serum because he perfected it. He would be a lot of fun to play in game.
  • dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Awesome exciting changes coming.  If you're listening, I'd love to have a practice mode.  One where you can take your roster and test any setup vs any enemy or wave of enemies.  It'd be cool to play with characters you don't have yet too, so you can plan how to build your roster - provided you're not already an endgame player.  
  • hell969
    hell969 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I would love to see true PVP so you can play vs your friends and alliance members in a real time match. I know that it would be a big task as that would require a pire-to-pire connection.

• Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    I'd like to see how you address PVP match making.  It's frustrating to have to soft-cap 5 stars because I don't want to be stuck seeing only meta 5 teams in PVP.

I like the idea of costumes as long as you can earn them without paying cash.

Enthused by idea of rebalancing old characters- many of them desperately need it. 

Would be cool to see more opportunities for Alliance members to support each other- like swapping covers, gifting iso, etc.

Stunned and Excited for the Changes.

This Times a Million, especially when their boosted. it makes it no fun for us non 5 star players. i rather deal with high end 4 stars than 5 stars.

And as for boss events, Gargantos was a good start. wouldn't mind seeing Dormammu and The Living Tribunal as boss events.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sad to see the end of an era.  Excited to see the new changes.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    He is the most requested character in every poll or topic about adding a new a character.
    Omega Red says hello.

Cross posting a couple of things I said in Discord so Ice doesn't have to.

Be great to have shards for supports so we could earn higher levels.
    Would really like to see more Milestones, we very occasionally have seasonal ones, for example at Christmas and I think these could easily be added as targets alongside the current season or based on the month (pride, black history, etc.).  Could build in rewards to use certain characters/affiliations and mix it up month to month.  Marvel CoC does this quite well in my opinion.

Echoing others and good to see an intent to revisit some stagnant areas of the game or outdated rewards/costs.  Hope you and your team enjoy the ride.

• emswad
    emswad Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    hell969 said:
    I would love to see true PVP so you can play vs your friends and alliance members in a real time match. I know that it would be a big task as that would require a pire-to-pire connection.

Now that would be fun!
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Costumes being one of the things you want to look at and with Morbius coming back to theaters due to being the best performing and most awesome movie of all time, now would be a great time to add a movie Morbius costume.  The costume should also change all of his moves to "It's morbin' time" and add animations of him morbing all over the enemy team.
  • MennoKnight
    MennoKnight Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    While we’re wishing, I’d like to be able to try a fun 4* team without getting stomped by my 5* matches.  Maybe some kind of “exemplar” system, like City of Heroes had, just for PVE. 

Or maybe my answer is to try a lower CL. 
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Costumes being one of the things you want to look at and with Morbius coming back to theaters due to being the best performing and most awesome movie of all time, now would be a great time to add a movie Morbius costume.  The costume should also change all of his moves to "It's morbin' time" and add animations of him morbing all over the enemy team.
    See its people like you that convinced Sony to re-release it!
    Haven't we all suffered enough already?!
    Also if anyone here can explain to me how vulture got his flying suit back that'd be lovely.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also if anyone here can explain to me how vulture got his flying suit back that'd be lovely.
    Hey,  it's not the fans fault that Sony can't tell the difference between real hype and obvious meme-ing.
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hey,  it's not the fans fault that Sony can't tell the difference between real hype and obvious meme-ing.
    It's made me chuckle they've made a ridiculously small amount of money from this re-release.
    I feel even less enthusiastic about that well known and well loved spider-man villain El Diablo.
    Sony needs to be stopped. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,656 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sony just haven't hit their top tier Spider guys like Hypno Hustler and Razorback yet. Give them time.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 371 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Welcome to uh...your game I guess heh.  Always nice to hear the people in charge of development are also players/fans.  A couple thoughts/wishes I've had over the last few years I've played.

1: It was disappointing when every reward was lowered.  Getting 10 hero pts is just...bad.  Would love to see those raised to usable levels.  Same with duplicate supports giving a negligible amount of red iso.
    2: Everyone else has talked about supports, but yeah, would be nice if there was another way to gain/level them up.
    3: Classic Legends.  I think the price is much too high for very much out of date characters, especially since it's a giant pool.  I think I (and other people) would be far more likely to spend $$, CP, HP, whatever on them if the cost was lowered to say, 5, or if it was a guaranteed 5* or something.
    4: Speed.  AIM goons and other minion fights take very long because you're just waiting for all their tiles to do their thing.  I've been completely destroyed by prof x/onslaught on their first turn faster than it takes lv 65 goons to take their turn.
    5: Repetition.  I really enjoy MPQ, but sometimes it gets a bit boring using the same team or 2 at SCL 10 to clear it.  I know you mentioned more events and such, so I'd like to suggest spicing it up with more variety.  I really like the all-x-men one, maybe one that's all 3* or all 4* or something?  
    6: Teasers.  Demiurge (I think?) was doing a pretty good job teasing new 4/5* and their powers, though some of the hints were suuuuuuuuuper out there.  Keep those.
    7: Not sure if there's a way to do it, since every gacha/mobile game seems to.  But I'd love if some of the screens were streamlined so I didn't have to click through 10 things after every match.  Related:
    8: Small nitpick, but I tend to open a bunch of low level packs at once and then level up my guys by level.  Delete the 1s, then level up 2s, 3s, etc.  That way I might get a higher up cover and get to it.  My beef is that the exp you get from opening packs is DIRECTLY on top of the back arrow from opening a cover.  You have to tap juuuuust right or it just takes you further into the character.

Anywhoo, optimistic as well.