A pocket slot for a dupe

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
As i approach 300 slots and do my best to not get there, (sell dupes) i was thinking it'd be cool for each character to have a secondary roster slot to grow a dupe once they're champed. they could make it so the secondary character isn't usable unless moved to their own roster slot. Or just move the threshold for increased cost roster slots to 2x +1 the total amount of characters in the game.

Comments

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    It has been so long since we even got a roster slot sale, it is a joke. I have been on 300 for over 2 years waiting for a sale!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    Roster slot contributes ~70% of their HP sales, based on last known data, pre-shards.

Also, HP Slot used to cost 3000HP. We need to thank whichever Whales negotiate with the dev to lower HP cost past 300 to 2000HP.

They have 30% to 100% extra HP sale 3-4 times a year. So, that's your roster slot sale.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    Man, this takes me back to when I got offended I had to spend 1000 hp on slots. Although I don’t personally boost every match I enter, I personally find 2000 hp isn’t all that much of a burden. Then again I don’t hoard max champions as well so it will be another 4 years before I start to approach the 300 threshold. 

If you using HP for shields to get to 2000+ points every PvP, I agree it will be tougher, especially if they continue the 3* PvPs where having max champs protects from being Thanosed every match. My impression is those that do spend hp on shields spend real money on HP anyway. Maybe the developers will listen to you, but I expect that someday you will have to bite the 300 slot tax.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    This thread forced me to check and I discovered I am at 281-ish - so assuming I only rostered new characters then I am going to hit 300 this year. Lucky I have dupe 3 slots I can always use along with max champ 3's who can also be sacrified. Or maybe I will just suck it up. 2022 is already gonna be an expensive year...
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the most part, the 2K roster cost isn't really a big deal.  But the sheer volume of new characters can realistically force new players to roster characters before their farms are able to fully develop.  Maybe the best way for the devs to revamp the system is to cap the first chars slot cost and increase the duplicate farming slot.

So after 200 chars, the first slot always stays 1000hp.  But the duplicate farm slot might cost 2500 or even 3000 hp.  Ultimately if your in a position to be consistently rolling your 4* chars, your probably already post ISO and post HP.  I'm sure the math people will find the exact rollover point,  but I find myself having to purposefully spend hp to keep it at a manageable level.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Phumade said:
    So after 200 chars, the first slot always stays 1000hp.  But the duplicate farm slot might cost 2500 or even 3000 hp.  Ultimately if your in a position to be consistently rolling your 4* chars, your probably already post ISO and post HP.  I'm sure the math people will find the exact rollover point,  but I find myself having to purposefully spend hp to keep it at a manageable level.
    The only problem I see with this is that you would then need to preselect what a character slot is for and they would have to program this into the game. Currently there is now way for the game to know if the slot you are buying is for a new character or for a duplicate.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, this takes me back to when I got offended I had to spend 1000 hp on slots. Although I don’t personally boost every match I enter, I personally find 2000 hp isn’t all that much of a burden. Then again I don’t hoard max champions as well so it will be another 4 years before I start to approach the 300 threshold. 

If you using HP for shields to get to 2000+ points every PvP, I agree it will be tougher, especially if they continue the 3* PvPs where having max champs protects from being Thanosed every match. My impression is those that do spend hp on shields spend real money on HP anyway. Maybe the developers will listen to you, but I expect that someday you will have to bite the 300 slot tax.
    I mean you can build up your hp by farming. I currently have about 68k hp right now and only use like one or two shields every pvp. I also spend $2 a month on a Pittance (that I buy with an Amazon gift card that I earned with Bing Rewards) so that helps to bring in some bonus hp here and there. That may only work for Kindle Fire users but still $2 for a month of bonus rewards is pretty good. 

(This post was not sponsored by Demiurge or D3 Go, though I wouldn't be opposed to receiving some extra 5* bonus shards wink wink.)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the dev can consider separating HP into two categories: purchased with cash and earned via in-game. For HP purchased with cash, they give players the benefit of buying HP slot past the 300th slot at 1000hp per slot. HP earned via in-game will cost 2000hp pet slot instead.
  • NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    That is another terrible idea. I have never purchased HP, have always earned it. Just because someone wants to spend plenty of money shouldn't give them an advantage, The prices they charge here are crazy but a couple of months ago the prices dropped a bit (Android) but still a joke.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    NMANOZ1 said:
    That is another terrible idea. I have never purchased HP, have always earned it. Just because someone wants to spend plenty of money shouldn't give them an advantage, The prices they charge here are crazy but a couple of months ago the prices dropped a bit (Android) but still a joke.
    If everyone thought this, the game would no longer exist.  This game exists to make money, and it still exists only because it makes money.  They're not running the Olympics -- of course it's unfair.  Spending money gives you a huge advantage because the point of the game is to generate money.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards

Even spending on competitive PvP you eventually reach a point where the farm creates more HP than you could reasonably use.