***** Elektra (Woman Without Fear) *****

Options
Neko
Neko Posts: 91 Site Admin
edited March 2022 in Character Details

Elektra (Woman Without Fear)
5-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Heroes, Defenders

"After Matt Murdock went to jail, Elektra bought most of the property in HeIl's Kitchen and swore to protect Murdock's community for him as the new Daredevil. Tired of switching sides and never being trusted, Elektra is using her master assassin skills in new ways to become the Devil of Hell's Kitchen: stealing from the rich, outsmarting the wicked, and taking down the corrupt."
(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450)
18848 Health / 75760 Health
 217 | 244 | 29 | 190 | 27 | 32 | 121 | 4.0x
 870 | 978 | 115 | 761 | 105 | 124 | 484 | 4.0x

Audible Sai - 9  AP
Taking a page from the Devil of Hell's Kitchen, Elektra throws her sais like batons. Stuns the target for 1 turn and creates a 2-turn Red Countdown tile that deals 3026 damage. (Max level 12163 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 3674 damage. (Max level 14769 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 4323 damage. (Max level 17376 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 4971 damage. (Max level 19982 damage)
  • Level 5: Stuns the target for 2 turns, and deals 5187 damage. (Max level 20851 damage)
Shadow Dance - 6  AP
Instead of dodging into the shadows herself, Elektra pulls her allies into safety. Elektra converts 3 random basic Yellow tiles into Trap tiles. When Elektra or her allies would take damage and there is a Trap tile on the board, the damage is reduced by 25% and a Trap tile is destroyed, generating AP and dealing 1254 damage. (Max level 5039 damage)
  • Level 2: Trap tile deals 1513 damage when destroyed. (Max level 6082 damage)
  • Level 3: Damage is reduced by 30%.
  • Level 4: Damage is reduced by 40% and Trap tile deals 1730 damage when destroyed. (Max level 6950 damage)
  • Level 5: Damage is reduced by 50% and Trap tile deals 2162 damage when destroyed. (Max level 8688 damage)
Queen of Strategy - 10  AP
Choose the type of enemy tile Elektra is targeting next: Attack / Strike / Protect. Steal 1 tile(s) of that type and increase strength by 17. Queen of Strategy will target that type until used again. (Defaults to Strike.) (Max level increases strength by 70)

(PASSIVE) Elektra knows what her enemies are about to do. When an enemy creates tiles of the chosen type tiles, Elektra steals 1 of those tiles.
  • Level 2: Increases strength by 26. (Max level increases strength by 105)
  • Level 3: When an enemy creates the chosen type tiles, Elektra also reduces the strength of remaining enemy tiles by 11. (Max level reduces strength by 43)
  • Level 4: Steals 2. When an enemy creates a tile of the chosen type, reduces the strength of remaining enemy tiles by 22. (Max level reduces strength by 86)
  • Level 5: Steals 3, increases strength by 31. When an enemy creates a tile of the chosen type, reduces the strength of remaining enemy tiles by 22. (Max level increases strength by 126, reduces strength by 86)

Release Schedule

Store Offerings

Fearless Elektra Cover Store - Feb 10-14

• Chance to get Elektra (Woman Without Fear). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Elektra Limited Vault - Feb 17-21

• 40 Items

• 1x The Punch Line Legendary Store Token

• 1x 4-Star Echo (Maya Lopez) cover

• 3x Random 3-Star covers

• 6x Heroic tokens

• 4x 2500 Iso

• 6x 1000 Iso

• 5x 500 Iso

• 14x Two stars

The Punch Line Legendary Store - Feb 17-21

• 15% chance to get Elektra (Woman Without Fear), Shang-Chi (Origin), Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)

• Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Release Debut:

Cosmic Chaos - Feb 10-14

• Elektra (Woman Without Fear) in placement rewards

Featured Event:

Fight For Wakanda - Feb 13-18

• Elektra (Woman Without Fear) as a progression reward

Versus Tournaments:

Matchmaking - Feb 10-14

• Elektra (Woman Without Fear) shards as a placement reward

Sai Ops - Feb 13-16

• Rewards tokens to the Fearless Elektra cover store

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hm; she seems interesting. I like how the yellow feeds itself when the traps are triggered, that could be pretty fun. I’m looking forward to seeing if she is fun with Sinister or Daredevil. That purple is a bit hard to process without trying it out but to me she feels like a 5/5/3
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Purple completely neutered Polaris (again). 

I'm guessing 3/5/5 would be the way to go
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What are those AP costs?!
    Is she seriously an Ultron counter?
    This is bottom tier, for me.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Neko is purple not doing anything until you fire it one time, or does the passive default to something?
  • Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Her purple would be really nice if you could preset the passive to something else. Sort of like taskmaster moves?
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just reread yellow, and assuming all yellows go off, that's 60k damage for 6 yellow ap(that will also give you 3 back)
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SC in that limited vault though...
    I feel like that means the next 5* is going to be meta breaking somehow... After people spend their CP on this vault.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polaris will just stun Elektra, the same way she stuns every other character.

It's pretty funny how certain stuff has to be yellow now...imagine if Elektra's yellow power was black or green instead.

Having a stun (and especially a red stun) means she'll have some value but I'm not seeing much else here -- plus at 9, it's a bit too expensive. 

Her active purple is sorta unplayable at 10AP.  The passive would be useful if we had a viable 5* special tiles metagame.  I think she's too slow to counter BRB but I'd try it.

The yellow power is good.  It means you're taking 50% damage for the next 3 enemy hits of any kind, and you're only one match away from casting it again.  But a lot of other characters do defense better, and there's SO much competition for yellow.

I think she's fine but not "meta." 5* stuns are always playable.  She can do defense but not as well as SW and Colossus.  She can counter tilespammers, but the only relevant 5* one is BRB.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Neko Are the numbers right on her purple? they seem very low. Red would've been nice at 7-8 AP and a one turn CD. Also, **** is with purples 10ap cost.  Also, her release store would've been good if not for Black Widow, oh well.

• entrailbucket
    Options
    Omegased said:
    I just reread yellow, and assuming all yellows go off, that's 60k damage for 6 yellow ap(that will also give you 3 back)
    I'm seeing 3x8600 so 30kish...where's the extra 30k?
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Neko is purple not doing anything until you fire it one time, or does the passive default to something?
    In the active part it says "defaults to strike" so I'm reading as that applies to the passive part.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I like her, surprisingly. She has 3 good powers.

9 Red - is like Dr Strange’s 9 Blue except it does a 2 turn stun, about the same amount of damage (20K) and no AP drain.  

6 Yellow - quick damage reduction and retaliation (sounds like Wanda), feeds itself AP for frequent casts.  Totals 26K dmg.  This is actually very good.  

Passive: steal and buff strike tiles when the enemy creates them! Come on people, that’s awesome. There appears to be no limit on stealing each turn.  This is a hard counter to Daredevil, Knull, Polaris, OML, Grocket, Mindless One: Devastator, Maggia Thug, Daken, Blade, need I go on?

10 Purple: change the passive to attack or protect tiles then steal them and buff.  This is expensive to use, but it can stop BRB, Apocalypse & Kitty who have active special tile creating powers.  
    Overall, an above average 5* with some solid defense and offense.  Her CD tile and Traps are vulnerable to being matched away, but if they aren’t, they hurt.  Passively stealing strikes cannot be avoided, so Gritty will think twice about facing her.  
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    I'm reading her red as doing one 20k hit once, when the tile goes off.  I think Strange's CD is worded differently.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I'm reading her red as doing one 20k hit once, when the tile goes off.  I think Strange's CD is worded differently.
    You’re right, I’ll edit my post. 

Her Red is solid, her Yellow is Great, and her Purple is situationally awesome.  
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As I read her purple she needs to collect all that expensive AP and select a special tile and then she steals: not good.
    Her red is meh.
    Her yellow is the main reason for to champ her and it's a nasty power that it's good on defense. However the enemy will know that the traps are on yellow tiles.
    That store with SC will make me unhoard for sure.
    No teaser? I understand it because a dataminer posted exactly the character and the costume, so in the end we will lose the guessing time.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Also,Gritty starts with 7 strike tiles. If Elektra is allowed to steal at the start of the fight, still 6 will remain. And the strength reducing (if the steal even happens on 0 turn) doesn't slow Kitty too much.

Her Purple sounds great against BRB, indeed. Only, he needs 6 Blue and she needs 10 Purple to switch to protect tiles... Perhaps it will actually work in practice. We'll see... :)
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Omegased said:
    Purple completely neutered Polaris (again). 

I'm guessing 3/5/5 would be the way to go

Huh? Polaris doesn't care who owns the special tiles on the board. She just wants lots of specials. And these stolen tiles will be realtively weak. I don't see this character affecting polaris' value much at all.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What a surprising 5*. Nobody managed to guess it this time.  And this is where Shang Chi is hiding during Lunar New Year, flanked by 2 beautiful assassins.  B)

Her powers are pretty similar to her 3* and 4* variations. 

Her red is straightforward: a 2-turn stun which deals 20k damage after the cd reaches 0. Her other variations deal tick damage over the next few turns though.

Her yellow power is interesting. I wonder how it's going to interact with other passive damage reduction powers like Colossus', Electro and Wanda etc. Will positioning be relevant in determining whose damage reduction triggers first? Also, it looks like Electro has a new partner against iHulkoye or Juggernaut.

Her passive purple power starts out as anti-strike, which steals up to 3 of them per turn, and it can be changed to another type for 10 purple aps. On top of that, she has some Kraven-like passive ability that reduces the strength of all other SAP tiles by 88. The number is a little low but I guess it's due to not having a  minimum number of SAP tiles. 

3/5/5 for me or 5/5/3 against non-SAP enemies.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only thing I really like here is the Yellow.
    The red seems expensive and the damage is good, the the cd isn't protected. Doesn't seem terrible though.
    The purple is expensive, and it will have some use, but I kind of wish it defaulted to protect tiles.

Certainly, she is a lot better than AB so she has that going for her.