What's New MPQ - Updated 4/8/22

Comments

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Just saw the rewards for Galactus; I feel like they’ve been giving out 4* Doc Ock rewards like it’s going out style. Is he like super popular or something?
    It's his last hurrah as one of the latest 4* essentials before Gertrude kicks him to the curb on April 7th  :D
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Just saw the rewards for Galactus; I feel like they’ve been giving out 4* Doc Ock rewards like it’s going out style. Is he like super popular or something?
    Next to Polaris he is now my 2nd most used 4* in any PvE node using minions . Only takes 2 yellow or blue matches to completely shut down their spam tiles. 
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    There's no Space Season banner on Bags to Riches PVP.  If it's not part of Space Season I won't be able to hit 10000 pts.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    Wolvie171 said:
    It's his last hurrah as one of the latest 4* essentials before Gertrude kicks him to the curb on April 7th  :D

I think they are making up for the fact that in December when he was first released he wasn't in a lot of events because they were doing a lot of other things at that time (short seasons, over Xmas we get SpiderHam and Taskmaster etc) so he missed out on a season reward plus some event rewards.

The 4* in the prior PvE is always the progression reward in the next PvE so having him as the progression in Galactus is normal. It's getting 3 4* Torch covers that surprised me because I was expecting and hoping we'd get one of the newer 4*s.

KGB
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Trying something new again, this time I've got the semi-placeholder items in for the "unknown" regions later this month. You can tell the timings aren't complete since they're totally regular in cadence. Still! More info on the calendar than before and now it's not just "Here be dragons".

Thoughts?
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
    Wolvie171 said:

I think they are making up for the fact that in December when he was first released he wasn't in a lot of events because they were doing a lot of other things at that time (short seasons, over Xmas we get SpiderHam and Taskmaster etc) so he missed out on a season reward plus some event rewards.

The 4* in the prior PvE is always the progression reward in the next PvE so having him as the progression in Galactus is normal. It's getting 3 4* Torch covers that surprised me because I was expecting and hoping we'd get one of the newer 4*s.

KGB
    But 4Ock has been the 4E in the last two Boss Events. Thus only awarding us the single progression cover rather than the usual haul.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    IceIX said:
    Trying something new again, this time I've got the semi-placeholder items in for the "unknown" regions later this month. You can tell the timings aren't complete since they're totally regular in cadence. Still! More info on the calendar than before and now it's not just "Here be dragons".

Thoughts?
    @IceIX
    Webbed Wonder (placement) and Thick as Thieves (progression) should be Moon Knight, right? Not Crystal.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    IceIX said:

Thoughts?
    @IceIX
    Webbed Wonder (placement) and Thick as Thieves (progression) should be Moon Knight, right? Not Crystal.
    Whoops, you're correct! That's what I get for transcribing some of this stuff at around midnight. Fixed!
  • emswad
    emswad Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2022
    New 5* required 3 days after their special store release? This doesn't seem right. 
    With new 5s I often almost have them in shards before they're required & I'm able to recruit when I get the last shards from placement rewards. 
    @IceIX

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX Who is the essential 5* for Thick as Thieves?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the Moon Knight shards!
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    edited April 2022
    Huge thank you for the update on entire April. The four stars enhanced in the final week are going to be enjoyable.
  • Bolzan82
    Bolzan82 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Who’s the required 5* please for TaT? @IceIX
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    We'll know in another 12 hour time or so. Today is Saturday.
  • emswad
    emswad Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    We'll know in another 12 hour time or so. Today is Saturday.
    That may be, but I asked 4 days ago when it was not a Saturday.
    I also contacted support who basically said that whats on here "should" be correct, but couldn't confirm that it was correct. 

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX That surely can’t be right that 5* Moon Knight is required in the next PVE?  Usually, the new character is not required until they enter the regular token pools.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2022
    Crystal is the essential. I must have screwed up my placement rewards because I would have 500 5* shards before they are required. However, I'm still short of 75.

Edit: I think it must be the recent alliance event that screwed up everything that follows.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Crystal is the essential. I must have screwed up my placement rewards because I would have 500 5* shards before they are required. However, I'm still short of 75.

Edit: I think it must be the recent alliance event that screwed up everything that follows.
    We are the same , I won’t have the Crystal for TAT. No draws for her.
  • DonkeyTeeth
    DonkeyTeeth Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2022
    @IceIX There's still an error on Thick As Thieves. The event preview shows Crystal as the 5* essential, not Oscar Issac. We get Moony shards for the progression rewards. The rest looked good to go.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    They doubled up the order of the 3 latest. Crystal should have been the third one in this next grouping of events but she’s first instead. It’s happened a handful of times over the past 2 years, based on a quick review of my spreadsheet.