What's New MPQ - Updated 4/8/22

Comments

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2022
    Its in the MPQ Women's History Month Plan thread by LakeStone, It's In The VS Events highlights all are femaie events,,, next 4 schedule march 27 give or take, no hints yet.

This thread simply highlights those Versus events which feature female characters who are part of Women's History Month. Several events have not been listed yet. For example, Wiccan was recently added to the What's New MPQ thread for March
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any news on this new Solo event starting on Thursday!!  Normally this would be a boss event.  I am interested to see if this solo event will give out supports, recent 5* release shards, or rewards similar to a boss event.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Dev announcement says it starts Wednesday, not Thursday.
    It's likely one of those once-per-day events.
    They called it a "solo event" in another thread.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Anybody else get caught out by the hour change , I was expecting day 1 to finish 7am GMT but just gone on and day 2 has already started 

I assume clocks change earlier in the US??
  • Wolvie171
    The R248 Release Notes thread mentioned a new Story event starting on 3/16, Wednesday: Ghost Hunters

If it is indeed this solo event, it would be nice if the devs provided more information in advance. Ghost Hunters will get a lot of playtime as a new event, even without the promotion, but giving more details can help build excitement for a game that hasn't seen a new event in nearly 1.5 years.
  • Wolvie171
    Anybody else get caught out by the hour change , I was expecting day 1 to finish 7am GMT but just gone on and day 2 has already started 

Yes, Daylight Saving Time (DST) started last Sunday in the United States. On Sunday morning, clocks were set 1 hour ahead. Unlike years past when the end time for the active PVP was moved up 1 hour, that was not the case this year. Only the end time for the active PVE was moved up by 1 hour. As a result, both the Lost In Time PVE and the She-Hulk PVP ended at the same time. They were also the new release events for 5* Crystal. That was fun!  :|

With DST now in effect, Lightning Rounds now start 1 hour later and the daily Milestone quests also end 1 hour later.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Wolvie171 said:

Yes, Daylight Saving Time (DST) started last Sunday in the United States. On Sunday morning, clocks were set 1 hour ahead. Unlike years past when the end time for the active PVP was moved up 1 hour, that was not the case this year. Only the end time for the active PVE was moved up by 1 hour. As a result, both the Lost In Time PVE and the She-Hulk PVP ended at the same time. They were also the new release events for 5* Crystal. That was fun!  :|

With DST now in effect, Lightning Rounds now start 1 hour later and the daily Milestone quests also end 1 hour later.
    Several players here complained to the US Congress about missing their grinds and as a result the US has just passed a bill to end time changes starting on 11-2023. Pending presidential approval. 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I did not expect to hear about this on here but I approve. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Wolvie171 said:

Several players here complained to the US Congress about missing their grinds and as a result the US has just passed a bill to end time changes starting on 11-2023. Pending presidential approval. 
    As far as I know, so far it's only passed the Senate (one half of Congress), so it still needs to get approval from the House of Representatives (the other half of Congress) before it goes to the President.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Why is the 5* boost list for Unstable Iso8 the same as this week? No changes?
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    bowla33 said:
    Where are you seeing this list?  It's not on the forum and the event still hasn't shown up in my game
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    bowla33 said:
    Where are you seeing this list?  It's not on the forum and the event still hasn't shown up in my game
    Weird. The Unstable Iso8 preview was up in game earlier. Okoye is the required 5e.
  • emswad
    emswad Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    The next event isn't showing up for me yet either. Not an issue for me (yet) as I play slice 3, but I like to prejoin so I can start it as soon as the current event starts. 
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    3/17 - 3/21 Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) - Vicious Cycle *NEW*
    • Placement Rewards: Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), Bishop, Gambit (Modern), Magneto (Marvel NOW)
    3/20 - 3/23 Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) - Reyes the Dead *NEW*
    • Placement Rewards: Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), Bishop, Gambit (Modern), Magneto (Marvel NOW)

3/24 - 3/28 Medusa - Big Bangs Theory *NEW*
    • Placement Rewards: Ghost Rider Shards, New Character, Daredevil (MWF), Captain America (Steve Rogers)

That is a lot of Robbie Reyes shards on offer. Possibly the second set of rewards are the result of accidental duplication.

3/17 - 3/24
    • Adam Warlock, Carnage (Absolute), Havok, Hulk (Bruce Banner), Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)

This does not appear to be the correct buff list. Maybe next weeks?

(also, 5 five stars boosted? I’m not complaining, though)
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 485 Mover and Shaker
    Kwahder said:

3/17 - 3/24
    • Adam Warlock, Carnage (Absolute), Havok, Hulk (Bruce Banner), Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)

This does not seem to apply for Vicious Cycle pvp. Boosted 5* are Thor, Cable, Cyclops and Hawkeye.
  • Wolvie171
    edited March 2022
    Kwahder said:
    3/17 - 3/24

Yes, that looks like the boosted 5*'s for 3/24-3/31.

Every week, a different group is boosted. This is the 44th week since they started boosting 5*'s on May 20th.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unless I was playing another game, there is no carnage Absolute.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The dreaded Adam Warlock/Carbage team is back.  :'(
  • Wolvie171
    edited March 2022
    Kwahder said:
    3/17 - 3/21 Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) - Vicious Cycle *NEW*
    3/20 - 3/23 Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) - Reyes the Dead *NEW*

That is a lot of Robbie Reyes shards on offer. Possibly the second set of rewards are the result of accidental duplication.

Reyes the Dead PVP is in the game now, and yes the rewards are different.

Placement rewards: Kitty Pryde shards, Black Cat, Squirrel Girl, Storm (Classic)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,351 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just saw the rewards for Galactus; I feel like they’ve been giving out 4* Doc Ock rewards like it’s going out style. Is he like super popular or something?