What's New MPQ - Updated 4/8/22

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    I know everyone has a different perspective and lived experience... But, this makes me feel emotions. 

Is the 21 gun salute not common knowledge?

No hate or anything, serious question.
    In my country is hard to know that if not working as a militar officer.
    You know in many ceremonial acts they shoot to the sky but not how many shots.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,351 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the states, they have 7 riflemen that shoot 3 shots during the ceremony when I've seen it done. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    21 Gun Salute is a us military tradition at service person funerals. Green Day was referencing that, as I’m sure War Machine also is.
    It's not only the US.  Many militaries salute by firing guns.  21 is the highest honor.
    This actually varies from country to country. In the UK 21 is actually the base level ( it comes from old naval customs) and varies from where the salute takes place and what the occasion is. For example when Prince Phillip died last year there was a 41 gun salute.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I’m wondering if Doc Block will destroy the Horsemen ? 
    Who's Doc Block?
    If it 4* Doc Oct, his tentacle tiles won't remove the Horsemen tiles, as they aren't colored special tiles.
    They start as a colored tile but apparently lose that designation. However he does well eliminating the special tiles and one black match eliminates Apoc’s 6 CD countdowns . 
  • CoxLargo
    CoxLargo Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Any updates?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's holiday in US on Monday. We'll probably get an update on Tuesday.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Been out of the game for a couple of years, maybe even 3. Was shocked by the amount of toons id missed and the health on some of the pvp boosted 5 stars. 200k? Ill be avoiding those. Other then that a positive change is the Shards and savable covers.

Oh theres costume changes too just noticed? Anyhow. Moving in a similar direction to when i last played with some nice changes. 
  • CallTheStorm
    CallTheStorm Posts: 63 Match Maker
    The updates seem stopped.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    That was my fear; after Brigby left, getting updates was extremely difficult until they hired Neko.  Hopefully they hire someone soon.
  • CallTheStorm
    CallTheStorm Posts: 63 Match Maker
    That was my fear; after Brigby left, getting updates was extremely difficult until they hired Neko.  Hopefully they hire someone soon.
    Sad. We still don't have the info for the incoming week and we have missed info for current DPD already.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I really miss these updates. 

I'm mainly interested in
    - 4*/5*- boost list
    - featured PvP-character (we already know this from Black history month thread)
    - featured 4*/5* character in PvE/Crash

I could easily do without any further details.

Even the PvE itself doesn't matter. Why do I have to know if I'm fighting Dark Avengers, Maggia goons or Mindless. I can't change it and play it anyway. 

But knowing the boost lists and featured characters in advance could make you change your decisions regarding rostering/farming/training/shargetting chars. 

Please give us at least these info some days in advance. 

Thank you. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited February 2022
    I didn't know knowing such info can be so important to some. Even back when I was a 2* or 3* player, I didn't rely on such info. It's more of something like good to know, but not compulsory to know.

Such info(boost list/required etc) they gave are at most two or three pvps/pves in advance. In real life, only the first two sets of info are valuable because the third set can be known via placement rewards. 

But, whatever makes the players happy. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,351 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used to rely on the DDQ and event required character previews to determine who I kept in my flex slot, or to save the Crash for a day when I was missing somebody required for the Burrito or whatever. It’s why I started coming to the forums. I don’t need that anymore, but there was a time I leaned on it heavily.
  • HoundofShadow
    I used to sell and reroster unchamped 3* frequently just to roster new 3* due to lack of roster slots. It look like a waste of resources but I thought it was fine. 

I'm just surprised at the level of details needed to manage iso-8/shargetting/farming etc for some. It looks like a lot of work to me.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I didn't know knowing such info can be so important to some. Even back when I was a 2* or 3* player, I didn't rely on such info. It's more of something like good to know, but not compulsory to know.

Such info(boost list/required etc) they gave are at most two or three pvps/pves in advance. In real life, only the first two sets of info are valuable because the third set can be known via placement rewards. 

True, two of the three years I played I wasn’t in the forum and running blind , but it makes little difference, so I don’t understand the big deal about it to some either. The New Fun Team thread is the most helpful by far to me.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 580 Critical Contributor

True, two of the three years I played I wasn’t in the forum and running blind , but it makes little difference, so I don’t understand the big deal about it to some either. The New Fun Team thread is the most helpful by far to me.
    I think that it may have to do with a player's personality. At this point in my MPQ life, I can certainly make adjustments as everything is revealed in-game, but I like to be able to plan out my resource allocation because that's a meta aspect of the game that I enjoy. If you have flex spots, which I once relied on, then knowing which covers can be burned to iso and which ones need to be kept is invaluable knowledge.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you have flex spots, which I once relied on, then knowing which covers can be burned to iso and which ones need to be kept is invaluable knowledge.
    So I'm guessing f2p players want that info mainly for to be able to complete progression on pve without buying slots.
    Not sure if the game is interested in offering that info lol.
    As a 5* player I never cared about that info on the forum as 5* resources are impossible to manage in short term.
    I can't talk in the name of 4* players, though. 
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker

We have a segment on the podcast about who's boosted in the upcoming week, and when the What's New page gets updated ahead of time, it lets me get some show prep done early.  Last time the updates got interrupted, I was able to put everything together once the weekend PvE posted, usually around 5pm eastern on Wednesday, so I had four hours to throw everything together for recording at 9pm.  But weeks where they ran boss events, we just didn't have that information.  I got really good at predicting their pattern before they added 5*s to the rotation, but having the formal announcements back in a timely manner was a huge QOL upgrade.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    I want to know when Sersei is back in rotation to see if I have any chance to champ her before she leaves for the dustbin of history. 
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2022
    I want to know when Sersei is back in rotation to see if I have any chance to champ her before she leaves for the dustbin of history. 
    Sersi should get one more turn, probably placement awards on 2/27 event and progression awards on 3/2 event. But then she’s out of rotation on 3/10 with Elektra taking her spot.